Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A refreshing press conference from Cook 15:55 - Mar 6 with 3676 viewsunstableblue

Quite rightly stating Gillingham earnt the win

Not creating chances

Squad is too big to train effectively and keep everyone happy

Never felt we were in it, despite a little spell after our goal

Tiredness no excuse

Get back to Ipswich and improve

Still getting to know the squad

I like his style a lot... he knows the game

I think it may take time to get his stamp on the team

I can see a few changes for Tuesday - Jackson to start

Keep going Paul!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 3233 viewsfloridaboy

Agree re the squad size. Absolutely ridiculous from Lambert and Evans!

Would like to see Jackson and Parrott start Tuesday, give Norwood a rest!

Would like to see Dobra in the side as well. Bennetts not doing it for me I am afraid.

But Cook has a massive job on his hands with so many players!
A refreshing press conference from Cook on 15:59 - Mar 6 with 3232 viewsHerbivore

Lambert has left us with so many issues, I fear the run of three wins might have blinded people to that. Yes, we have a very strong squad but it's also a ridiculously bloated one with too many similar players and a lack of quality in depth in some key areas. Paul Cook is going to need the summer to try and get the squad in order, it's just a question of whether we can do enough between now and then to get out of this division. It's going to be a tall order.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:01 - Mar 6 with 3177 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 15:59 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Lambert has left us with so many issues, I fear the run of three wins might have blinded people to that. Yes, we have a very strong squad but it's also a ridiculously bloated one with too many similar players and a lack of quality in depth in some key areas. Paul Cook is going to need the summer to try and get the squad in order, it's just a question of whether we can do enough between now and then to get out of this division. It's going to be a tall order.

And some of our more special fans are already blaming Cook for it. Unbelievable. I'm going for a walk!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:01 - Mar 6 with 3176 viewsKeaneish

Clear, concise, honest and refreshingly accurate. Think anyone who watched the game with agree with his assessment. That's all i want form interviews and conferences, honesty. Too many managers in recent history have tried to pull the wool over our eyes, which is nonsense.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:02 - Mar 6 with 3122 viewsfooters

If only had the benefit of the January window.

Evans you muppet.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:04 - Mar 6 with 3038 viewsHerbivore

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:01 - Mar 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

And some of our more special fans are already blaming Cook for it. Unbelievable. I'm going for a walk!

Jesus wept. He's worked with the players for all of 2 days and the team selection today (just one enforced change) very much reflected that. It's going to take time to turn us around. We've been poor for a long time.

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:05 - Mar 6 with 2986 viewspointofblue

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:04 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Jesus wept. He's worked with the players for all of 2 days and the team selection today (just one enforced change) very much reflected that. It's going to take time to turn us around. We've been poor for a long time.

As I said, I can appreciate a lack of tactical know how from the players but the lack of bite and fight was far more concerning from today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:06 - Mar 6 with 2969 viewsHerbivore

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:02 - Mar 6 by footers

If only had the benefit of the January window.

Evans you muppet.

Indeed. Were things really much worse at the point he sacked Lambert than they were at the start of January? Madness. We're now stuck with this sqaud having wasted a decent chunk of change on loan players that Cook may not even fancy.

Login to get fewer ads

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:08 - Mar 6 with 2880 viewsHerbivore

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:05 - Mar 6 by pointofblue

As I said, I can appreciate a lack of tactical know how from the players but the lack of bite and fight was far more concerning from today.

Not sure that was the problem. The inability to pass the ball to a Town shirt over a distance of 5 yards was a bigger issue imo. I thought some players looked leggy as well.

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:10 - Mar 6 with 2850 viewsunstableblue

He needs to get a spine of reliable 7/10 + every week.

Is that holy-Wilson-Downes-Norwood??

He did seem to be warming to senior players such as Ward, Chambo and Skuse - that 3 however haven’t really pulled up many trees at Ipswich.

It’s a challenge for him. Dozzell and Bishop can clearly be a success at Town... but they need more than what bennets, parrot and Harrop can offer around them... and they needed a judge or Downes to grab the game around them

Lots of work to do

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:10 - Mar 6 with 2844 viewspointofblue

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:08 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Not sure that was the problem. The inability to pass the ball to a Town shirt over a distance of 5 yards was a bigger issue imo. I thought some players looked leggy as well.

Winning in midweek probably put Cook in between a rock and a hard place considering we’d won three in a row - in hindsight he should have probably switched things up but that’s easy to say now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 2780 viewsDarth_Koont

I think the most important thing he said was that we weren’t aggressive enough. We put the effort in but running isn’t the same thing.

Certainly we were badly outfought in the first 20 and while we competed much better from then on we never looked like we could overpower Gillingham and certainly not cut through them with our passing and movement instead.

Goes back to a previous manager of ours who said you have to earn the right to play. If we can do that then we have players who can threaten too but being a lot tougher to play against is what we need to build from.

Pronouns: He/Him

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 2771 viewsHerbivore

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:10 - Mar 6 by pointofblue

Winning in midweek probably put Cook in between a rock and a hard place considering we’d won three in a row - in hindsight he should have probably switched things up but that’s easy to say now.

He's only had 2 days with the players, not really much time for him to assess who might come in and improve the side. The safe thing was to stick with a winning team, but with hindsight it really needed some freshening up.

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 2776 viewsRadlett_blue

Good for Cook. I think he'll do well to make the play offs with the mess he inherited thanks to Evans & Lambert, but he gets a free pass on this season from me, rather like Lambert in his first season. The real work will be in deciding which players he keeps for next season & what sort of a budget he gets to improve the starting XI.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:15 - Mar 6 with 2639 viewsmrshallisfit

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:05 - Mar 6 by pointofblue

I think there is too many players in the squad who if truth were told dont want to go up. Too comfortable where they are. If a new injection of cash can be available for Cook let's flush out the underachievers/nowhere men/boys.
A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:23 - Mar 6 with 2450 viewsRegencyBlue

Given this team, less Judge obviously, had won three games on the bounce I think he felt he had to stick with it. I suspect we will see more of a Paul Cook team on Tuesday.

He’s got his work cut out though because this squad is nowhere near as good as some on here believe!
A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:23 - Mar 6 with 2447 viewsMrTown

Paul Cook has had success wherever he has been. He is the best man for the job.

Have 100% faith he’ll sort us out.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:26 - Mar 6 with 2382 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:04 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Quite. haynes_toe's suggesting I'm not very intelligent because I think you need to give managers more than 2 days before pointing the finger of blame. He slated Lambert right from the start and that apparently means he's some sort of genius (given how that worked out) and can therefore do the same with Cook.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:27 - Mar 6 with 2356 viewsChocorange

Totally agree , I also picked up he mentioned we had a lack of aggression .

Starts for Downes and Edwards ?

If you look at the stats in sending offs and bookings you would also have Dozz and Jackson , but Dozz is more often down to poor defensive behaviour more than aggression... Jackson does get fired up though!
A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:29 - Mar 6 with 2285 viewsgainsboroughblue

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:06 - Mar 6 by Herbivore

Indeed. Were things really much worse at the point he sacked Lambert than they were at the start of January? Madness. We're now stuck with this sqaud having wasted a decent chunk of change on loan players that Cook may not even fancy.

I'm sure in time, he'll do fine. Evans' dithering over Lambert has cost Cook a transfer window and has put him in charge at a time where he will not have a single full week available to work on the training ground between now and the end of the season.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:29]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:37 - Mar 6 with 2161 viewsunstableblue

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:12 - Mar 6 by Darth_Koont

I think the most important thing he said was that we weren’t aggressive enough. We put the effort in but running isn’t the same thing.

Certainly we were badly outfought in the first 20 and while we competed much better from then on we never looked like we could overpower Gillingham and certainly not cut through them with our passing and movement instead.

Goes back to a previous manager of ours who said you have to earn the right to play. If we can do that then we have players who can threaten too but being a lot tougher to play against is what we need to build from.

As Cook said you simply aren’t going to go to Gillingham with their manager and get a result unless you’re fired up for a battle.

I do worry that the Lincoln game is going to come too early for Cook to get new ways into the team!!

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:39 - Mar 6 with 2145 viewsunstableblue

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:27 - Mar 6 by Chocorange

Totally agree , I also picked up he mentioned we had a lack of aggression .

Starts for Downes and Edwards ?

If you look at the stats in sending offs and bookings you would also have Dozz and Jackson , but Dozz is more often down to poor defensive behaviour more than aggression... Jackson does get fired up though!

Edwards woeful crossing will not have impressed.

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:52 - Mar 6 with 2083 viewsBasuco

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:23 - Mar 6 by MrTown

Paul Cook has had success wherever he has been. He is the best man for the job.

Have 100% faith he’ll sort us out.

Maybe he should look at a few DVD's of games earlier this season and he will see that his tactics today were exactly the same as PL used, then he will find out these will have to change.
A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:58 - Mar 6 with 2027 viewsKeaneish

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:52 - Mar 6 by Basuco

Maybe he should look at a few DVD's of games earlier this season and he will see that his tactics today were exactly the same as PL used, then he will find out these will have to change.

As if he's going to come in and change a side with 1 defeat in 7! What message does that send to the squad!?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 17:05 - Mar 6 with 1969 viewsbignics

A refreshing press conference from Cook on 16:10 - Mar 6 by unstableblue

He needs to get a spine of reliable 7/10 + every week.

Is that holy-Wilson-Downes-Norwood??

He did seem to be warming to senior players such as Ward, Chambo and Skuse - that 3 however haven’t really pulled up many trees at Ipswich.

It’s a challenge for him. Dozzell and Bishop can clearly be a success at Town... but they need more than what bennets, parrot and Harrop can offer around them... and they needed a judge or Downes to grab the game around them

Lots of work to do

Really?? Dozzel and Bishop were awful to lightweight
division 2 players at best soooo overrated it’s a joke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024