Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 17:46 - Mar 20 with 1986 viewsBasuco

Very poor set-up today, the midfield had no shape, when players were on the ball there were no options, James Norwood was isolated on his own all game. He took his goal well but for much of the game the Pompy CB's had a very easy game. Town were slow and predictable and the midfield were disorganised and looked like strangers who did not know what they were supposed to do. After those three games under Gill where we looked so strong, organised and threatening, I was positive we could kick on, but ever since Paul Cook has arrived Town have gone to pieces and look as poor if not worse than under Lambert.
Today on 17:48 - Mar 20 with 1775 viewsMrTown

Cook Out then yeah?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Today on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 1741 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's going to take some new additions and a pre-season to sort out years of mess.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Today on 17:53 - Mar 20 with 1737 viewsMrTown

Today on 17:52 - Mar 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's going to take some new additions and a pre-season to sort out years of mess.

The most important thing is to clear out the poor footballers we have.

Today on 17:55 - Mar 20 with 1728 viewsBasuco

Today on 17:48 - Mar 20 by MrTown

Cook Out then yeah?

No, definitely not, but at some point he has got to show us he can set a side that can at least compete.
Today on 17:56 - Mar 20 with 1726 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Today on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 1706 viewsthebooks

Today on 17:48 - Mar 20 by MrTown

Cook Out then yeah?

Of course not, but hard to deny it’s been a poor start. The team was doing OK before he arrived and now they’re 4 points from 15 — we need someone who can actually improve us.

It worries me that people are banging on about a “huge” clearout already, because we’re not going to simply sign 15 new players.

We were way too easy on Lambert in his relegation season — don’t think we can make that mistake again.
Today on 18:02 - Mar 20 with 1694 viewsBasuco

Today on 17:53 - Mar 20 by MrTown

The most important thing is to clear out the poor footballers we have.

Where are those "poor" footballers who played so well against Hull, Doncaster and Accrington? Those lovely triangles in midfield, always options in mid field, the chances we created and scored from (a few) but at least we created chances. It was briefly like we had signed a new team, but today looked like so many other dull and predictable games from earlier this season.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 18:04]
Today on 18:04 - Mar 20 with 1675 viewsSteve_M

If the set up was so poor how come we played so well for 40 minutes?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Today on 18:10 - Mar 20 with 1655 viewsBasuco

Today on 18:04 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

If the set up was so poor how come we played so well for 40 minutes?

A match is 90 minutes, you do not win or lose a game in the first 40 minutes, we had 2 shots on target all game, the first in the 18th minute then the goal on 32, after that nothing on target.
Today on 18:13 - Mar 20 with 1638 viewsBlueBadger

Its almost as if the deeply embedded bad practices that were rife under Lambert need more than 4 or 5 training sessions to put right.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 18:14]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today on 18:18 - Mar 20 with 1593 viewsBasuco

Today on 18:13 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

Its almost as if the deeply embedded bad practices that were rife under Lambert need more than 4 or 5 training sessions to put right.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 18:14]

If it wasn't for those three good wins I would agree with you, but the last 5 games have been dire by comparison.
Today on 18:24 - Mar 20 with 1556 viewsHerbivore

Today on 18:02 - Mar 20 by Basuco

Where are those "poor" footballers who played so well against Hull, Doncaster and Accrington? Those lovely triangles in midfield, always options in mid field, the chances we created and scored from (a few) but at least we created chances. It was briefly like we had signed a new team, but today looked like so many other dull and predictable games from earlier this season.

I think you're massively over-egging those three performances with that description.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today on 18:35 - Mar 20 with 1503 viewsDubtractor

I think we're in danger of putting those 3 games, where we scored one goal from open play, into near mythological status.

We were good against Hull, had a rear guard action with 25% possession against Donny, and by all accounts (I didn't see it) were crap against 10 man Accrington.

We have been mostly dreadful, creating minimal chances, all season. Lets not be too surprised that that is still the case.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Today on 18:40 - Mar 20 with 1480 viewshaynes_toe1

We don't look worse than under Lambert.

But we don't really look any better.

Some people desperately want to cling to whatever small straw they can to try and make out its fantastic but if we are going from (according to the same people saying both things here) one of the worst managers in our time to a fantastic appointment that we are lucky to have got, I personally think you'd have seen a big change already.

On that basis I think the reality is we've swapped a failing Premier league manager for a decent lower league manager and I'm not sure the difference between the two is exactly a chasm.
Today on 18:43 - Mar 20 with 1459 viewsHerbivore

Today on 18:40 - Mar 20 by haynes_toe1

Some people desperately want to cling to whatever small straw they can to try and make out its fantastic but if we are going from (according to the same people saying both things here) one of the worst managers in our time to a fantastic appointment that we are lucky to have got, I personally think you'd have seen a big change already.

On that basis I think the reality is we've swapped a failing Premier league manager for a decent lower league manager and I'm not sure the difference between the two is exactly a chasm.

Jesus wept.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today on 18:47 - Mar 20 with 1447 viewsMrTown

3 results doesn’t eradicate 2 years of failure prior to that.

Let’s not rewrite history with the level of performances in them games.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 18:54]

Today on 18:48 - Mar 20 with 1441 viewsMrTown

Today on 17:55 - Mar 20 by Basuco

No, definitely not, but at some point he has got to show us he can set a side that can at least compete.

When he can get rid of the awful footballers we have and bring in some that he can trust, as he has shown in his prior managerial roles, we’ll be in safe hands.

He might need more than 3 weeks and 5 training sessions though I’m afraid chum.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 18:55]

Today on 18:55 - Mar 20 with 1401 viewschrismakin

Today on 18:40 - Mar 20 by haynes_toe1

George Burley did ok for us and it took him a while to make his mark on the side,
maybe he should have kept us up in 94 yes?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Today on 18:57 - Mar 20 with 1386 viewshaynes_toe1

Today on 18:55 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

George Burley did ok for us and it took him a while to make his mark on the side,

Not really fair for me to comment. I was only 5.

Although that exact same line was used to excuse Lambert for 2 years so no reason why we wouldn't also use it for Cook I guess. We are hardly a club that learns its lessons.
Today on 18:58 - Mar 20 with 1380 viewsbobbyramsey

Those three games were just a "blip."
Today on 18:58 - Mar 20 with 1378 viewschrismakin

Today on 18:48 - Mar 20 by MrTown

When he can get rid of the awful footballers we have and bring in some that he can trust, as he has shown in his prior managerial roles, we’ll be in safe hands.

He might need more than 3 weeks and 5 training sessions though I’m afraid chum.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 18:55]

hang on, you mean 5 training sessions with over 40 players in the squad isn't enough time to turn things around?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Today on 19:09 - Mar 20 with 1344 viewssouthnorfolkblue

We were schooled for large parts by Donnie and only beat Accrington because they had a player sent off.

Poll: Our final position

Today on 19:24 - Mar 20 with 1298 viewschrismakin

The way to tell if someone genuinely believes something negative or if they fancy positing something negative is when they ignore facts

The facts are, the first 40 minutes themselves, were probably one of the best first 40 minutes we have had as a unit, it was solid, balanced, high pressing, and it looked like we were a solid football team

but don't let get in the way of a good rant

Today on 19:26 - Mar 20 with 1287 viewschrismakin

Today on 18:24 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I think you're massively over-egging those three performances with that description.

Im still amazed that those 3 wins keep being brought up like we played barca football

Maybe if Dozzell wasn't hitting the first man with his corners recently and putting in the same quality of freekicks as he was a few weeks ago, we may have scored the same amount of goals we did in the wins we had.

Today on 19:48 - Mar 20 with 1252 viewsLeoMuff

Today on 18:55 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

That’s a nice comparison, Burley took over in December and we only won 4 more and lost 16, including 9-0. We finished outside the play offs the next season in the championship, but foundations were being built

It will take some time.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024