Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are where we belong 21:35 - Mar 20 with 2706 viewsjohn_itfc

Reality is the world and the game of football has moved on since our last successes now decades ago... Ipswich is a medium / large size town in the UK. Not a city, No real economy of its own, no real investment in the town, no tourist interest, etc etc. We are about where we should be based on these external factors.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:37]
We are where we belong on 21:36 - Mar 20 with 2462 viewsBlueBadger

Your yellow tail feathers are showing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We are where we belong on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 2447 viewsjohn_itfc

We are where we belong on 21:36 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

Your yellow tail feathers are showing.

Born and raised in Ipswich I am long suffering just like the rest of us and when I think about why we feel so disappointed...I can only conclude that we should probably let go of ideas of getting back to the upper tiers of English football and league 1 suits the size of our town, our resources, our financial backing etc.
We are where we belong on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 2431 viewsBelsteadCav

Good try budgie

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

We are where we belong on 21:40 - Mar 20 with 2438 viewsblueprint

Whereas the economic powerhouse and beautiful cultural Mecca that is Burnley are in the Premier league .
We are where we belong on 21:41 - Mar 20 with 2418 viewschrismakin

You were doing so well until you mentioned no tourist interest

The waterfront is actually a very well known tourist attraction to suffolk visitors, much more than a church type thing.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We are where we belong on 21:43 - Mar 20 with 2414 viewsIllinoisblue

If only we had a cathedral to put in our trophy cabinet

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We are where we belong on 21:43 - Mar 20 with 2415 viewsjohn_itfc

We are where we belong on 21:40 - Mar 20 by blueprint

Whereas the economic powerhouse and beautiful cultural Mecca that is Burnley are in the Premier league .

Burnley is within 40 mins drive of Manchester so that fits with my point
We are where we belong on 21:44 - Mar 20 with 2406 viewsBlueNomad

We are where we belong on 21:41 - Mar 20 by chrismakin

You were doing so well until you mentioned no tourist interest

The waterfront is actually a very well known tourist attraction to suffolk visitors, much more than a church type thing.

Oh come on! We haven’t got an airport!
Login to get fewer ads

We are where we belong on 21:46 - Mar 20 with 2395 viewsjohn_itfc

We are where we belong on 21:44 - Mar 20 by BlueNomad

Our nearest airport is what? Stansted? So there's another factor
We are where we belong on 21:46 - Mar 20 with 2382 viewschrismakin

We are where we belong on 21:44 - Mar 20 by BlueNomad

Bug ger

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We are where we belong on 21:52 - Mar 20 with 2368 viewsPendejo

Up where we belong?

At least the lyrics expand it to "lift us up where we belong" but the clarification of mid-table championship didn't quite scam so got dropped...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

We are where we belong on 21:57 - Mar 20 with 2356 viewsPendejo

We are where we belong on 21:43 - Mar 20 by john_itfc

Burnley is within 40 mins drive of Manchester so that fits with my point

No it doesn't, that's almost like saying AFC Wimbledon should be in the Prem as the ground is within 20 miles of Heathrow, even closer to the tourist hotspot of central London and hosts a rather important tennis tournament.

Burnley is not in Greater Manchester, and from where are timing 40 minutes? Certainly not the town hall as it'd take at least half that to negotiate Cheetham Hill.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

We are where we belong on 22:06 - Mar 20 with 2315 viewsjohn_itfc

We are where we belong on 21:57 - Mar 20 by Pendejo

No it doesn't, that's almost like saying AFC Wimbledon should be in the Prem as the ground is within 20 miles of Heathrow, even closer to the tourist hotspot of central London and hosts a rather important tennis tournament.

Burnley is not in Greater Manchester, and from where are timing 40 minutes? Certainly not the town hall as it'd take at least half that to negotiate Cheetham Hill.

Well I can't argue with what you say as it does make good sense. I chucked Burnley and Manchester into Google maps.

I think it'd be healthy for our fans to make peace with the league we find ourselves in. It is not beneath us and there's no getting back to where we belong anymore imo.
We are where we belong on 22:25 - Mar 20 with 2257 viewsblueprint

We are where we belong on 22:06 - Mar 20 by john_itfc

Well I can't argue with what you say as it does make good sense. I chucked Burnley and Manchester into Google maps.

I think it'd be healthy for our fans to make peace with the league we find ourselves in. It is not beneath us and there's no getting back to where we belong anymore imo.

So should Rochdale, Stockport , Macclesfield,Oldham and Salford be in higher divisions than they are purely because of their location? Absolute nonsense.
We are where we belong on 22:34 - Mar 20 with 2228 viewsStewart27

Mate.

I thought you were on a wind up but you kept googling stuff.

You’d hate to be a Bristol City fan. They should be champions league yeah?
We are where we belong on 00:55 - Mar 21 with 2120 viewshaynes_toe1

I dont think its unrealistic to expect us to be a solid championship team that flirts with the playoffs most seasons and maybe gets a prem season in here and there.

Its probably why I struggle with everyone making excuses for Paul Cook having made zero footballing impact so far. It feels like acceptance all over again like most the forum did for the first 18 months of Lambert. And 'looking forward' to League One etc. If the OP was that our fanbase is currently League One material id be closer to agreeing because the ambition is being sucked out of the fans.
We are where we belong on 08:19 - Mar 21 with 1940 viewsGeoffSentence

On the list with the other budgies on a wind up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We are where we belong on 10:00 - Mar 21 with 1846 viewsBluedanW

Ipswich is the county town of Suffolk. It has a rather large catchment area to draw supporters in without any rivals.

It must have something going for it to have had any interest from a large American investment company putting an offer in.
If you compare us to some of the teams in Lancashire and Yorkshire that have many league teams scattered about their counties we shoukd be able to attract many more supporters. We have a great history.
However our main issue is 18 years of hurt, if we started to gain momentum out of this division and play attractive football the fans will come. We had 20000 watching the drivel lambert offered just because of his PR skills. Just think what a decent manager and a handful of decent players could do. We could one day have 30000 rocking Portman Road. That is something only 1 or 2 other clubs in this league could ever hope for
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 10:01]
We are where we belong on 10:51 - Mar 21 with 1827 viewsWeWereZombies

We are where we belong on 22:34 - Mar 20 by Stewart27

Mate.

I thought you were on a wind up but you kept googling stuff.

You’d hate to be a Bristol City fan. They should be champions league yeah?

Possibly, but you would have to follow through by giving Cambridge United the World Cup every four years as an automatic right.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

We are where we belong on 10:58 - Mar 21 with 1810 viewswkj

This post is painful, not because you're mocking the club - more because you're not even trying to be believable. Enjoy your ties against Man City and Chelsea next year - it still won't come close to the joy you get from family get togethers.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We are where we belong on 11:42 - Mar 21 with 1768 viewsgainsboroughblue

Well. I hope no Ely fans are reading this. Stranded in the Eastern Counties League all this time when they really should have been knocking on the door of the European places.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

We are where we belong on 11:57 - Mar 21 with 1746 viewsWeWereZombies

We are where we belong on 11:42 - Mar 21 by gainsboroughblue

Well. I hope no Ely fans are reading this. Stranded in the Eastern Counties League all this time when they really should have been knocking on the door of the European places.

You just watch Glastonbury F.C. shoot up the league ladder when a reincarnated Joseph of Arimathea get a regular first team place.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

We are where we belong on 11:58 - Mar 21 with 1745 viewsfooters

We are where we belong on 11:57 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

You just watch Glastonbury F.C. shoot up the league ladder when a reincarnated Joseph of Arimathea get a regular first team place.

26 conversions in AD 46.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We are where we belong on 14:52 - Mar 21 with 1680 viewsBluedandy

No matter what budgie brain we all know the best result you'll get next season will be a bedtime story from Grandma with a happy ending.
We are where we belong on 12:29 - Mar 22 with 1534 viewsSamWhiteUK

You've gone from "we are where we belong" to "there's no getting back to where we belong"

Sort it out before you start the thread next time, yeah?

You'll be banned before long anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024