Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure 11:34 - Apr 7 with 1933 viewsJ2BLUE

Premier League status"

Huge part of the Evans statement.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:34 - Apr 7 with 1917 viewsStokieBlue

Also the part about him continuing to invest, although it's not entirely clear what that means.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:35 - Apr 7 with 1882 viewschicoazul

Yeah I noticed that. That makes me a bit....worried maybe? Or do I just have a chronic case of Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to our weird little club.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:37 - Apr 7 with 1824 viewssaffers12

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:35 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

Yeah I noticed that. That makes me a bit....worried maybe? Or do I just have a chronic case of Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to our weird little club.

Feel same mate, think we have had false dawns before but I fully dare to dream now
"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:38 - Apr 7 with 1778 viewschrismakin

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:35 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

I'd imagine they cant take any risks on NOT getting there. So if ffp is still a thing in the champ.. I'd imagine they'd ignore it and take a pen rather than abide by it. But thays my idea of it

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:38 - Apr 7 with 1795 viewsfooters

Sounds like them up the road's model of yo-yoing between top end of the Championship, lower Prem and flogging off players in between. Not a bad place to be from where we currently are...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:39 - Apr 7 with 1786 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I'm guessing because it's public money there is guidance around how it is used and invested etc. Would say it's not uncommon that it should be making a profit, and the only way they do that, is to get us into the EPL, get the bonkers money that comes with that, and then decide whether to move us on or see if we can continue to run like Burnley, etc.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:46 - Apr 7 with 1676 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:39 - Apr 7 by JammyDodgerrr

I'm guessing because it's public money there is guidance around how it is used and invested etc. Would say it's not uncommon that it should be making a profit, and the only way they do that, is to get us into the EPL, get the bonkers money that comes with that, and then decide whether to move us on or see if we can continue to run like Burnley, etc.

They could make a capital return on investment by selling us IF we were fighting for promotion to the premier league.

Even if we get in the Premier League, the income gets eaten up by wages and agents fees.

Suspect there is a 3-5 year exit plan, with profit to be made on sale of the club in an improved position.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:47 - Apr 7 with 1660 viewsHighgateBlue

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:38 - Apr 7 by footers

Sounds like them up the road's model of yo-yoing between top end of the Championship, lower Prem and flogging off players in between. Not a bad place to be from where we currently are...

The same model as West Brom, who perfected it first - and with O'Leary on board, there is of course a West Brom link.
Login to get fewer ads

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:52 - Apr 7 with 1580 viewsKropotkin123

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:38 - Apr 7 by chrismakin

I'd imagine they cant take any risks on NOT getting there. So if ffp is still a thing in the champ.. I'd imagine they'd ignore it and take a pen rather than abide by it. But thays my idea of it

So we are following the Derby model? But with no ground to sell.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:55 - Apr 7 with 1521 viewschicoazul

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:38 - Apr 7 by footers

Oh god yeah totally
But still....as someone who has worked for the Yanks in the past and knowing how utterly ruthless they can be, especially when they are front men for big investment groups...it just doesn’t seem very “us” nomsayin?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:56 - Apr 7 with 1507 viewsJ2BLUE

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:55 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

Oh god yeah totally
But still....as someone who has worked for the Yanks in the past and knowing how utterly ruthless they can be, especially when they are front men for big investment groups...it just doesn’t seem very “us” nomsayin?

Good. Time for this club to rise.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:56 - Apr 7 with 1504 viewschicoazul

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:34 - Apr 7 by StokieBlue

Also the part about him continuing to invest, although it's not entirely clear what that means.

SB

Think he just means invested not continuing to invest. He owns a small part of Gamechanger.

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:58 - Apr 7 with 1482 viewsfooters

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:55 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

Oh god yeah totally

Ha! Yes, been in the same boat myself.

"We absolutely love what you guys have been doing. You're the reason we bought this business!"

About 40 of us sacked two weeks before Crimbo!

As I've said elsewhere, venture capitalists don't tend to have much of a heart when it comes to the bottom line, so I'm taking this very cautiously. Although today we can all be happy that the Evans era is finally at an end.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:58 - Apr 7 with 1478 viewsBluedandy

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:39 - Apr 7 by JammyDodgerrr

We're a lot bigger than Burnley... Americans can emulate the current Leicester model... though in fairness the Foxes nicked their model off us (60s/70s/80s version).
"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 12:05 - Apr 7 with 1392 viewsJammyDodgerrr

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 11:58 - Apr 7 by Bluedandy

We're a lot bigger than Burnley... Americans can emulate the current Leicester model... though in fairness the Foxes nicked their model off us (60s/70s/80s version).

Yeah, what i meant is, run us a stable Premier League team which makes a profit every year, rather than be a club that throws money at it to stay in the league.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1235 viewsGuthrum

Don't think it is public money. Belongs to whatever company runs (or underwrites) their pension fund.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"In order to meet its investment responsibilities, it will need to secure on 14:06 - Apr 7 with 1168 viewsMrTown

It is both exciting, yet frightening at the same time given how hard it is to reach the Premier League these days.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024