Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Blue Action might be due some apologies 16:14 - Apr 8 with 4086 viewsMullet

I appreciate a few people always seem to question/dismiss things they aren't part of, but BA get more right than wrong in my book. Those having pops at them lately as things got fractious would do well have to read of that statement.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:17 - Apr 8 with 2935 viewschrismakin

Yes and no

What they do during games is great

What they do outside of that I feel they need to gain feedback before doing things. But that's my opinion.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:27 - Apr 8 with 2810 viewsBlueBadger

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:17 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Yes and no

What they do outside of that I feel they need to gain feedback before doing things. But that's my opinion.

Have you ever considered reading back to yourself what you're saying before you post? It might help.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 16:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:34 - Apr 8 with 2755 viewsKropotkin123

Yes and no

One: They do get and listen to feedback.
Two: What they are doing is off their own back
Three: As much as BA say it had nothing to do with them, ME isn't stupid, and would have been fully aware through their actions that the fans as a whole were not impressed with him. At the back of his mind he would have been thinking that he didn't want a sour exit when he had what he evidently thought was a good offer.

I don't think they owe anyone anything and I'm glad they took action in the name of Ipswich. As their name suggests they are doers.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:34 - Apr 8 with 2731 viewschrismakin

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:27 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Have you ever considered reading back to yourself what you're saying before you post? It might help.

Help with what.

I'm not the only person to have this thought. So I'm happy with my post

If they are representing the fan base.. then ask the fam base for their thoughts before representing them.. it's only fair and whilst you cant go door to door of each town fan you can use forums and social media to gain feedback.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:38 - Apr 8 with 2676 viewschrismakin

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:34 - Apr 8 by Kropotkin123

One: They do get and listen to feedback.
Two: What they are doing is off their own back
Three: As much as BA say it had nothing to do with them, ME isn't stupid, and would have been fully aware through their actions that the fans as a whole were not impressed with him. At the back of his mind he would have been thinking that he didn't want a sour exit when he had what he evidently thought was a good offer.

I don't think they owe anyone anything and I'm glad they took action in the name of Ipswich. As their name suggests they are doers.

Who said they owe anything?

They protested twice and neither time was there any outreach.

If they were doing it off their own back of course that fine.. but you cant then say in statements we are representing the supporters as they havent gained any thoughts and alternative ideas.. additions to the protest

For example. The banner. J2 had a point about the word reform.

Regarding the training ground flares. There were other things that could have been done whilst there etc.

Just because I've said to ask around doesnt mean I dont agree with them overall
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 16:39]

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:39 - Apr 8 with 2685 viewsKropotkin123

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:34 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Help with what.

If they are representing the fan base.. then ask the fam base for their thoughts before representing them.. it's only fair and whilst you cant go door to door of each town fan you can use forums and social media to gain feedback.

They aren't representing the fanbase. They are representing a section of the fanbase. If you want official, democratic representation, then the supporters club is there to meet your needs.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:43 - Apr 8 with 2602 viewschrismakin

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:39 - Apr 8 by Kropotkin123

They aren't representing the fanbase. They are representing a section of the fanbase. If you want official, democratic representation, then the supporters club is there to meet your needs.

" as a fanbase" not as a section of the fanbase is in their statement on this thread.

End of day. Well done to them. But I would like to see the opportunity to get involved in future situations like this. Even if it's just feedback. And I'm sure some others would like the opportunity to help too

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:44 - Apr 8 with 2624 viewsDyland

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:34 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

Help with what.

They have never said they represent the fanbase. Ever.

They are a small supporters group, with their own agenda. I personally think their agenda, their actions, and PR in response to criticism is pretty good. I fully support them.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 2575 viewsDyland

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:43 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

" as a fanbase" not as a section of the fanbase is in their statement on this thread.

End of day. Well done to them. But I would like to see the opportunity to get involved in future situations like this. Even if it's just feedback. And I'm sure some others would like the opportunity to help too

It's not a committee for goodness sake. There isn't a fans senate where they can get feedback before they do anything.

I do see what you are saying, but you're overthinking it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:50 - Apr 8 with 2553 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Yes and no

They didn't burn down the training ground and yet that's what got reported. They helped force change and brought about the end of the Evans/Lambert era which is what we all wanted.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:09 - Apr 8 with 2414 viewssaffers12

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:50 - Apr 8 by BlueWorldOrder

They didn't burn down the training ground and yet that's what got reported. They helped force change and brought about the end of the Evans/Lambert era which is what we all wanted.

Ultimately as this very diffcult time due to the pandemic they did what they could and did something

I thank them for their efforts
I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:12 - Apr 8 with 2391 viewsjeera

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:43 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

"Says something stupid.

Double down, double some more.

Argue, argue argue..."

If only you took on board some feedback.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:15 - Apr 8 with 2340 viewschrismakin

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:12 - Apr 8 by jeera

"Says something stupid.

Argue, argue argue..."

No arguing from me Jeera. Just responding to those posting.

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:19 - Apr 8 with 2302 viewsfooters

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:12 - Apr 8 by jeera

"Says something stupid.

Argue, argue argue..."

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:22 - Apr 8 with 2269 viewsBluefish

I fear for their future though. Taking PL is a blue out of the repertoire leaves a big gap for them and I worried they won't find a way to fill it
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 17:38]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 2272 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Well said.

And well said BA. They've got off their arses and done something, as much as they could, and a lot more than most of those criticising them.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 2263 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes and no

You're the one who needs the feedback mate. BA have read the room and done what most of us wanted. I know you had convinced yourself, despite all evidence, that it would all come good under Evans but most of us have got what we wanted.

There's been some talk of Evans being emotional and not really wanting to sell throughout this process. We will never know how close he came to pulling the plug and how much BA's action finally opened his eyes to how the fans really felt about his leadership. He was a decent man but clearly in denial about how things were going and what the fans truly thought. The actions of BA and the outpouring of support from the vast majority just might have made the difference.

As they say, the fight is now over. Next time we need them though it's nice to know they'll be there. While most of us did nothing but argue ona forum they went out and made a point. They hired a billboard ffs. They just get sh1t done. How can you not love them?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:26 - Apr 8 with 2218 viewschrismakin

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:23 - Apr 8 by J2BLUE

You're the one who needs the feedback mate. BA have read the room and done what most of us wanted. I know you had convinced yourself, despite all evidence, that it would all come good under Evans but most of us have got what we wanted.

There's been some talk of Evans being emotional and not really wanting to sell throughout this process. We will never know how close he came to pulling the plug and how much BA's action finally opened his eyes to how the fans really felt about his leadership. He was a decent man but clearly in denial about how things were going and what the fans truly thought. The actions of BA and the outpouring of support from the vast majority just might have made the difference.

As they say, the fight is now over. Next time we need them though it's nice to know they'll be there. While most of us did nothing but argue ona forum they went out and made a point. They hired a billboard ffs. They just get sh1t done. How can you not love them?

I havent said I havent appreciated what they've done. And I've made that very clear on this thread.

All I said was it would be nice to know when and what they have planned so people can share their thoughts in them and maybe be able to get involved in them or give some ideas towards them.

I'm.not sure why I'm getting hate for that.

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 2221 viewsRyorry

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:49 - Apr 8 by Dyland

It's not a committee for goodness sake. There isn't a fans senate where they can get feedback before they do anything.

I do see what you are saying, but you're overthinking it.

In any case, I do seem to vaguely remember them posting on here asking what people thought about at least one of their proposed actions - anyone else remember that, or is it just my dodgy memory?

They also got an extremely good response when they posted about & started selling their excellent merchandise via this forum. Their customer service was superb as well, - some extremely large on-line retailers could learn a thing or two from them.

Well done BA 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:28 - Apr 8 with 2212 viewslazyblue

Apologies for what exactly?
Protesting against ME (and disrupting training just before the awful Northampton game ) over the last few months when he was already in the process of selling the club which started 14 months ago.

Hopefully they can get back to improving the atmosphere in games next season which would have my backing .
I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:28 - Apr 8 with 2204 viewsJ2BLUE

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:26 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

I havent said I havent appreciated what they've done. And I've made that very clear on this thread.

All I said was it would be nice to know when and what they have planned so people can share their thoughts in them and maybe be able to get involved in them or give some ideas towards them.

Would kind of lose its impact if they announced they were going to put the newspaper on the training ground for example. They'd also likely be stopped from doing it.

What have you disagreed with that they've done? If the answer is nothing then what are you banging on about? Any specific examples?

Truly impaired.

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:29 - Apr 8 with 2200 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:26 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

They'd never get anything done if they tried to take onboard everyone's ideas. A horse designed by a committee springs to mind. I've posted a few ideas to the BA guy on here, he said they'd think about it, that's it. No worries. Me and Dan did our own thing with the red cards. You don't have to wait for BA if you want to make a protest.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 17:45 - Apr 8 with 2089 viewsBlue_Order

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:38 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

If they were doing it off their own back of course that fine.. but you cant then say in statements we are representing the supporters as they havent gained any thoughts and alternative ideas.. additions to the protest

Regarding the training ground flares. There were other things that could have been done whilst there etc.

There was no outreach because the impact of those actions would have been lost had we made the plans public. Not to mention the fact it was all done during lockdowns.

We take everything that’s said about us on board (good or bad), and we also try to gauge the feelings of the wider fanbase every time we do something, but it isn’t our style to be setting up polls on twitter to decide the wording on banners.

We have our own way of doing things, and we’ll always stick to that. We’ve managed to make it this far and we’re pretty proud of what we’ve achieved the last couple of years, so we won’t be changing the way we work. As has already been said - if you’re wanting a democratic representation of the fanbase, speak to the official supporters club. But that isn’t us.
I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 18:02 - Apr 8 with 1970 viewsPJH

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:27 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

Too busy typing the next post I would imagine.
I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 18:19 - Apr 8 with 1850 viewsJ2BLUE

I think Blue Action might be due some apologies on 16:38 - Apr 8 by chrismakin

J2 had a point about reform

Hang on, i've spent a month arguing with for in favour of the takeover while you've been sceptical and just wanted people to back Cook. I thought reform was literally what you wanted?

On the subject of reform I had a nice PM from Slambo explaining their position and I completely understand it.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024