Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter 13:21 - Apr 9 with 8493 viewsgalacticoblue

...wow - so much disrepectful sh*te going around - its pretty shocking.

I know Twitter isn't representative of the whole population, but f** me, people can be terrible.
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:32 - Apr 9 with 796 viewsHerbivore

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:24 - Apr 9 by IP4_Blue

So if you vote for Labour and Labour get in there will be no poverty?

I am afraid ending poverty is not as simple as who you vote for

Genuinely, which party do you think is more committed to trying to eradicate poverty? Is it the Tories, who see wealth redistribution as being about diverting public funds to their donors and friends during a pandemic? The same party who drove us leaving the EU so they could erode worker's rights and deregulate the economy?

Or is it the party that introduced the minimum wage and has generally championed workers rights? The same party that introduced initiatives like SureStart to try to improve the life chances of children growing up in deprived areas?

Or is it in fact the Tories, who did away with both SureStart and most of the children's centres that followed?

If you genuinely care about trying to eradicate poverty I'm struggling to see how you justify voting Tory, because the Tories sure as sh!t have no interest in trying to eradicate poverty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:35 - Apr 9 with 775 viewsSpruceMoose

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:32 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

Genuinely, which party do you think is more committed to trying to eradicate poverty? Is it the Tories, who see wealth redistribution as being about diverting public funds to their donors and friends during a pandemic? The same party who drove us leaving the EU so they could erode worker's rights and deregulate the economy?

Or is it the party that introduced the minimum wage and has generally championed workers rights? The same party that introduced initiatives like SureStart to try to improve the life chances of children growing up in deprived areas?

Or is it in fact the Tories, who did away with both SureStart and most of the children's centres that followed?

If you genuinely care about trying to eradicate poverty I'm struggling to see how you justify voting Tory, because the Tories sure as sh!t have no interest in trying to eradicate poverty.

"If you genuinely care about trying to eradicate poverty I'm struggling to see how you justify voting Tory, because the Tories sure as sh!t have no interest in trying to eradicate poverty."

Narrator: "He didn't genuinely care".

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:38 - Apr 9 with 772 viewsIP4_Blue

You are a Labour party member so no point going on you vote Labour which is fair enough but then you just have a go at anyone who doesn't vote Labour which is what the left do unfortunately
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:38 - Apr 9 with 772 viewsphillev231069

That's the same Tories who said the minimum wage would never work and have now renamed it the National living wage as if it were their idea btw. There will never be a perfect political party because we all have differing views, what I cannot deal with though is people who put their head in the sand and continually try and defend the indefensible

Does anyone think BJ gives a toss about child poverty?.....
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 16:39]
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:40 - Apr 9 with 762 viewsstantheman

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 14:43 - Apr 9 by Herbivore

And how exactly should they help themselves? You've acknowledged not everyone can be rich. We have a society with a large proportion of the workforce earn minimum wage or barely above it. People in these jobs are working hard, in the pandemic they were the people selling you your groceries and packing and delivering your Amazon orders.

Society needs these people but they don't earn enough to maintain a reasonable standard of living without government support. Meanwhile your banker mates create more wealth for the wealthy and get paid a fortune. But those jobs are scarce and society wouldn't function if we had more bankers than carers or shop workers or delivery drivers.

What's your solution, caller?

It's partly caused by virtually everyone buying the cheapest product possible which help to cause minimum profit levels leading to volume of sales being the way to make a profit. Hence a huge number of people to process it and minimum wages for those same people. Too many people in this country seem to expect huge reward for very little effort. That is not to decry others who do really struggle. It's differentiating between those groups which is the problem to solve.
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 759 viewsjeera

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:38 - Apr 9 by IP4_Blue

You are a Labour party member so no point going on you vote Labour which is fair enough but then you just have a go at anyone who doesn't vote Labour which is what the left do unfortunately

"which is what the left do unfortunately".

You cannot accuse someone of bias and then follow up with that.

You are arguing against your own point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 756 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, that's a bit of a swerve.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:44 - Apr 9 with 752 viewsJ2BLUE

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:19 - Apr 9 by IP4_Blue

What is your solution then?

Mate you don't know me i am a decent person, if there is an answer to end poverty i/m all ears but i'm sorry but people on here just attack you because you have a different opinion

Hang on. You said people needed to try harder and now you don't have the answers?

Does that mean you retract the try harder comment or do you stand by it without being able to justify it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:48 - Apr 9 with 734 viewsSpruceMoose

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:44 - Apr 9 by J2BLUE

Hang on. You said people needed to try harder and now you don't have the answers?

Does that mean you retract the try harder comment or do you stand by it without being able to justify it?

It never takes long for the mask to slip. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Right wing politics is the politics of negativity and the politics of fear that someone, somewhere might be getting a better deal than you.

It's a paradox. It's unfair that someone is better off than you, yet at the same time when you have the better end of the deal the critical thing is to remind everyone that you got there through your own hard work and ingenuity while pointing at those less well off to say they aren't trying hard enough or that they wasted their opportunities.

If someone can point me in the direction of a Conservative policy that displays the slightest level of uncynical positivity I'd very much like that.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 with 681 viewschicoazul

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:48 - Apr 9 by SpruceMoose

It never takes long for the mask to slip. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Right wing politics is the politics of negativity and the politics of fear that someone, somewhere might be getting a better deal than you.

It's a paradox. It's unfair that someone is better off than you, yet at the same time when you have the better end of the deal the critical thing is to remind everyone that you got there through your own hard work and ingenuity while pointing at those less well off to say they aren't trying hard enough or that they wasted their opportunities.

If someone can point me in the direction of a Conservative policy that displays the slightest level of uncynical positivity I'd very much like that.

Right wing and Conservative Party ahahahaha.
They have no right wing conservative values whatsoever. You people are so confused.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 with 694 viewsGaryCooper

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:48 - Apr 9 by SpruceMoose

'If someone can point me in the direction of a Conservative policy that displays the slightest level of uncynical positivity I'd very much like that.'

Bless your heart, you struggle to find your own arse with both hands,
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 with 693 viewsBlueBadger

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 13:40 - Apr 9 by BlueBadger

Not everyone who voted Tory was stupid, racist scum.

Some were just stupid.

Blimey, look at these downvotes. It's like a who's who of the 'yes but Labour' duty roster.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:57 - Apr 9 with 688 viewsjeera

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

They have no right wing conservative values whatsoever. You people are so confused.

"You people".

That's not very nice is it.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 651 viewschicoazul

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 by GaryCooper

'If someone can point me in the direction of a Conservative policy that displays the slightest level of uncynical positivity I'd very much like that.'

We can only assume Spruce doesn’t think gay marriage, for instance, is uncynically positive.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 17:02]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:01 - Apr 9 with 654 viewsHerbivore

I'm not a Labour Party member as it goes and I've voted Green far more often than I've voted Labour in my lifetime. Your response doesn't address any of my questions, questions which were based on the records of the Tories and Labour. I think that's a shame. I'm trying to engage with you here.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:01 - Apr 9 with 639 viewschicoazul

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:57 - Apr 9 by jeera

"You people".

That's not very nice is it.

People who think the Conservative party are right wing antagonise me immensely. They aren’t.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:04 - Apr 9 with 638 viewsHerbivore

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

Oh chico, really?

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:04 - Apr 9 with 637 viewsHerbivore

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:01 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

People who think the Conservative party are right wing antagonise me immensely. They aren’t.

They are. They really, really are.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:06 - Apr 9 with 628 viewsSpruceMoose

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 16:56 - Apr 9 by GaryCooper

Why are you here Gary? Every week or so you waddle on here, apoplectic with rage, ready for another meltdown where you offer nothing but shortsighted, poor quality Daily Mail quips dripping with misery and grievance (which you've obviously been stewing on since the last time you posted). You are giving off a serious whiff of dissatisfaction and insecurity here fella.

I have to believe you have something else in your life that brings you enjoyment, something which you would be far better off focusing on. If not, my advice to you is to develop one. Seriously, you seem like you're on a dark and unhappy path my friend.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 17:07]

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:06 - Apr 9 with 631 viewsphillev231069

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:01 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

I thought it was their defining characteristic!
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:12 - Apr 9 with 615 viewsSpruceMoose

Someone tell Chickers he doesn't need to keep posting at me as I've had him on ignore since the second he came back from exile.

If you're going to be a bellend, be funny, interesting, handsome or clever (or like me, ideally be all four). Sadly, he's massively missing the mark on three of those things. He might be good looking though, I couldn't say.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:21 - Apr 9 with 579 viewschicoazul

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:06 - Apr 9 by phillev231069

I thought it was their defining characteristic!

Nope. They are not right wing at all. This Govt are corrupt mendacious stupid and useless but not right wing.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:25 - Apr 9 with 572 viewsphillev231069

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:21 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

Nope. They are not right wing at all. This Govt are corrupt mendacious stupid and useless but not right wing.

Compared to the American Republican party they are diluted but still Right wing, the rest I totally agree with.
reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:27 - Apr 9 with 563 viewsHerbivore

Oh chico, I honestly wonder what you're seeing or not seeing sometimes. I love you, bro, but you're miles off on this one.

reading prince Phillip stuff on Twitter on 17:30 - Apr 9 with 548 viewsjeera

I think it's fair to say a number are, wouldn't you?

It's an obvious one I know, but I'd suggest maybe JRM as being fairly right of centre.

Just an example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024