Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks 21:55 - Apr 13 with 3703 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why is it you hear cook shouting and encouraging, and sometimes Holy.
But never our senior players, not Chambo, Ward or Judge.

There’s no fire there, no fight.

I’m convinced they’ve all convinced each other that they are better off not going up.
1. Under Evans. “If we go up, we’ll come back down and badly”
2. Under GC20. “If we go up, every single one of us will be sold or in the Ressies.”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:01 - Apr 13 with 2634 viewschrismakin

This has been my gripe for months and the point I made to j2 and others about Chambers, he's actually mute on the pitch. This is our captain ffs and he's mute.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:05 - Apr 13 with 2578 viewsJ2BLUE

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:01 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

This has been my gripe for months and the point I made to j2 and others about Chambers, he's actually mute on the pitch. This is our captain ffs and he's mute.

It's a reasonable point. I don't think that's enough to get rid of him though.

If you were arguing to take the armband off him then that's completely different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:07 - Apr 13 with 2532 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:05 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

It's a reasonable point. I don't think that's enough to get rid of him though.

If you were arguing to take the armband off him then that's completely different.

If he stays he stays and I'll trust Cook that he wants him as CB

But I'll be very disappointed if he's captain again.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:32 - Apr 13 with 2409 viewsbadadski

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:07 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

In the position we were in and with what was going on around us chambers should have been screaming at his team to perform. Chase every ball, run until you drop dead through pain or fear but the fact he doesn’t just undermines the manager.

As a senior player, not just chambers ofcourse you should be demanding more. I get pissed off at goals when some one doesn’t chase back and I’m not paid anything and feel the pain so why don’t these footballers ? Something is wrong, it’s not all down to ability as some of these players have been really good but now you can tell it’s over for then and they know it.

A few will be hanging up their boots and joining Micky Stockwell in the next couple of years.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:35 - Apr 13 with 2374 viewsSamWhiteUK

He hasn't been mute all season though. I'm not sure when it happened, but he has definitely gone quiet. You could hear him earlier, at the players, at the ref, and genuinely more up for it
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:35 - Apr 13 with 2367 viewsEireannach_gorm

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:07 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Who would you give the armband to?
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:38 - Apr 13 with 2337 viewsJ2BLUE

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:35 - Apr 13 by Eireannach_gorm

A new signing. None of this lot deserve it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:45 - Apr 13 with 2291 viewsPique

No leaders in this team, that’s why.

You need four or five leaders on the pitch, minimum. Think of Burley’s leaders on the pitch - Mowbray, Magilton, Holland, Venus, Herman etc. Any one of them could have been captain.

No one leads now, no one demands high standards, no one takes the game by the scruff of the neck.
Login to get fewer ads

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:47 - Apr 13 with 2272 viewsrfretwell

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:38 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

A new signing. None of this lot deserve it.

Chambers certainly nowadays just seems to shrug his shoulders and sometimes merely look at offending players instead of giving a proper rollicking a la Alan Hunter, Butch etc. I know which I'd rather see.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:48 - Apr 14 with 2033 viewsRyorry

That they don't then have the brains to also think -

3. "If we don't even try to perform to the professional standard we're being paid to do, we'll definitely be sold or in the Ressies"

is quite telling!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:51 - Apr 14 with 2012 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:35 - Apr 13 by Eireannach_gorm

A leader will most certainly be on PC's wish list, someone to drive the team

I prefer a midfielder personally, in a great position to give the strikers, midfielder and defence a kick up the backside when needed.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:52 - Apr 14 with 2003 viewsRyorry

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:51 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

A leader will most certainly be on PC's wish list, someone to drive the team

I prefer a midfielder personally, in a great position to give the strikers, midfielder and defence a kick up the backside when needed.

Downes might be worth trying out in the role for the rest of this season? He's got more drive & fight in him than the rest put together.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:54 - Apr 14 with 1986 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 10:52 - Apr 14 by Ryorry

Downes might be worth trying out in the role for the rest of this season? He's got more drive & fight in him than the rest put together.

At the beginning of the season I didn't like it when he got it purely because he sulked that he didnt get a move

BUT, now.... defo worth giving it to out of those available.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:04 - Apr 14 with 1951 viewslongtimefan

Do you really think most players would turn down the prospect of doubling their wages for a season in the Championship deliberately. Whatever the reason behind all this I really doubt it’s because they’re worried about coming straight back down. It’s not like many would be likely to get an offer from a Championship team next year either.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:06 - Apr 14 with 1944 viewsPhilTWTD

Chambo and Ward are the two I've heard from the sidelines over the course of the season, although I think even they have quietened down a little lately.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:06 - Apr 14 with 1937 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:04 - Apr 14 by longtimefan

Do you really think most players would turn down the prospect of doubling their wages for a season in the Championship deliberately. Whatever the reason behind all this I really doubt it’s because they’re worried about coming straight back down. It’s not like many would be likely to get an offer from a Championship team next year either.

99% Of those out of contract would know that promotion or staying in league 1 will result in the same outcome.. being released. Even more so with the takeover being confirmed.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:10 - Apr 14 with 1917 viewsJ4ck22

Probably given up considering it's not helped for the last 3 years...
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 1909 viewsRadlett_blue

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:06 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

99% Of those out of contract would know that promotion or staying in league 1 will result in the same outcome.. being released. Even more so with the takeover being confirmed.

The management of the squad, with 24 players out of contract, is one of the big issues at the club and another indication that Evans either doesn't understand football or didn't want too many big liabilities at a club he was hoping to sell.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 1905 viewsjaykay

there 3 rd goal proved there is no communication in the team. we had plenty players around their player who had the ball. in fact there was 4 of them looking at the ball, like a month attracted to a light. a simple 6 yard diagonal ball took them all out. matey had the freedom and time to score the 3 rd goal. i know we had already lost but it proves no one has a football brain to look up and organise anything.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 1900 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:06 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Chambo and Ward are the two I've heard from the sidelines over the course of the season, although I think even they have quietened down a little lately.

I felt Chambers stopped when Lambert left, almost as if his contract had been ripped up infront of him.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:17 - Apr 14 with 1880 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 22:47 - Apr 13 by rfretwell

Chambers certainly nowadays just seems to shrug his shoulders and sometimes merely look at offending players instead of giving a proper rollicking a la Alan Hunter, Butch etc. I know which I'd rather see.

He knows how bad we are though doesn't he. He does his job but it's very obvious when we concede that he's a bit like "here we go again" as opposed to something more positive. That happens when you've been part of a useless team/badly managed club for so long.
Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:33 - Apr 14 with 1820 viewsjayessess

Far more likely to be the opposite - they're all so anxious about failure that they play within themselves, keep their heads down, play the risk averse ball, hide when we're in possession.

In scenario 1 they would've got a massive wage hike. In scenario 2, they get a massive wage hike, either with us or with whoever takes them on next as promotion-standard League One footballers. We're constantly told footballers are mercenaries and only interested in money, why would they care any of the stuff you've mentioned?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:36 - Apr 14 with 1807 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:33 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Far more likely to be the opposite - they're all so anxious about failure that they play within themselves, keep their heads down, play the risk averse ball, hide when we're in possession.

In scenario 1 they would've got a massive wage hike. In scenario 2, they get a massive wage hike, either with us or with whoever takes them on next as promotion-standard League One footballers. We're constantly told footballers are mercenaries and only interested in money, why would they care any of the stuff you've mentioned?

Anxiety doesn't stop you running, making space, moving for the ball, providing an alternative pass, putting a cross in when in 4 yards of space

If you;re suffering that much, tell the manager you aren't mentally capable of playing football.

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:47 - Apr 14 with 1792 viewsjayessess

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:36 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

Anxiety doesn't stop you running, making space, moving for the ball, providing an alternative pass, putting a cross in when in 4 yards of space

If you;re suffering that much, tell the manager you aren't mentally capable of playing football.

Fear, anxiety, lack of confidence, your general state of mind, all these things can have a huge effect on how you play football. Last night the only time we passed the ball with even the slightest confidence was when the game was long gone and the pressure was therefore off.

It's certainly a more plausible explanation than "professional sportspeople now don't care about making money".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:51 - Apr 14 with 1780 viewschrismakin

Something I’ve been thinking for a few weeks on 11:47 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Fear, anxiety, lack of confidence, your general state of mind, all these things can have a huge effect on how you play football. Last night the only time we passed the ball with even the slightest confidence was when the game was long gone and the pressure was therefore off.

It's certainly a more plausible explanation than "professional sportspeople now don't care about making money".

But it's not more plausible when even the manager mentions the lack of care from the players.

It's been mentioned so many times by ex players over the years to, it's not unusual.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024