Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched this clip dozens of times now 10:01 - Apr 21 with 5692 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah poor pass from MG. But Dozzell FFS? He stands still then berates MG for a bad pass instead of chasing down the loose ball.

Up there with him adjusting his shin pads and pulling his socks up as a Wigan midfielder runs past him with the ball.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:45 - Apr 21 with 1037 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:32 - Apr 21 by PhilTWTD

Was so far away from him he assumed it was for someone else!

Whilst the pass is poor, Dozzell should be aware of who else is around him. Then to stop and look daggers at McG rather than chase after it is schoolboy stuff. It almost looks like he's trying to show up McG even more by stopping and staring at him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:46 - Apr 21 with 1031 viewshaynes_toe1

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:38 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

?

I think you need to take another look fella. If he doesn't stop to look back at McG in disbelief he could easily catch up to that ball.

Uhh, nope.

I am surprised Dozzell has received individual praise from Cook in the last two games though. Cook has made him worse than he was under Lambert so far, so maybe trying to rebuild confidence.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:51 - Apr 21 with 1005 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:41 - Apr 21 by trncbluearmy

Jim would have done more then look,

there is no way Dozzell was at fault here

Disagree.

Jim would've chased after the ball and then given McG pelters afterwards.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:05 - Apr 21 with 976 viewsBiGDonnie

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:52 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

How on earth could he have got on to the pass? Don't be silly. He stops for literally a split second, the ball was past him and he's got no chance of catching it.

If he didn't have the reactions of my great great grandmother he could have, at the very minimum, challenged the oncoming midfielder for it.

There's no defending him here IMO, poor from everyone involved.

I'm also disappointed with AD's movement - before he circles back for the ball, watch him, he's looking to take up the space directly behind an opposition bloke and a town player. He should have seen the space and offered himself much sooner than he did.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:06 - Apr 21 with 983 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of video horrors, anyone got the clip of Dobra side footing the ball into touch from our throw in?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:14 - Apr 21 with 959 viewsPhilTWTD

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:45 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whilst the pass is poor, Dozzell should be aware of who else is around him. Then to stop and look daggers at McG rather than chase after it is schoolboy stuff. It almost looks like he's trying to show up McG even more by stopping and staring at him.

Think he was just exasperated and a bit shocked when he realised it was meant for him, to be honest. I think in the split second the ball goes past him whoever it might be would make he assumption the pass was for someone else, regardless of his overall awareness of what's around him.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 951 viewswkj

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:06 - Apr 21 by Illinoisblue

Talking of video horrors, anyone got the clip of Dobra side footing the ball into touch from our throw in?

This is why playing the youth in a critical run is never a great idea and why 'Playing the kids' is not the answer.

Dobra should be have been loaned out somewhere for all of this season - a team where he can excel, but mistakes such of those are more common place

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:17 - Apr 21 with 944 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:06 - Apr 21 by Illinoisblue

filed under Wolfenden passes ball out of play from kickoff.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:17 - Apr 21 with 943 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:16 - Apr 21 by wkj

This is why playing the youth in a critical run is never a great idea and why 'Playing the kids' is not the answer.

Dobra should be have been loaned out somewhere for all of this season - a team where he can excel, but mistakes such of those are more common place

Didnt we try but he refused?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:24 - Apr 21 with 923 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 11:38 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

?

I think you need to take another look fella. If he doesn't stop to look back at McG in disbelief he could easily catch up to that ball.

Not a chance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:25 - Apr 21 with 922 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:48 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

I timed it as 2-3 seconds, and if I'd not gone after it a lot faster than that in any of my over 65s walking football games, would have been pretty disappointed in myself!

The video is 9 seconds long, the pass takes place around 7 seconds (maybe a shade before) and Dozzell starts running back on 8 seconds.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:30]

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:38 - Apr 21 with 900 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:24 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Not a chance.

Weird how people are seeing it differently. To me the ball looks to pass him from about a foot away, and it's not exactly flying past.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:44 - Apr 21 with 886 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:38 - Apr 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

Weird how people are seeing it differently. To me the ball looks to pass him from about a foot away, and it's not exactly flying past.

It's really not a foot away, as Phil has pointed out. Plus he's jogging towards McGuiness so without defying the laws of biomechanics he can't just change his direction and momentum instantly. The pass was dreadful, straight past him. Even had Dozzell not stopped for the one second he stopped for he still wasn't getting that pass. Really don't see why he's getting such pelters to be honest.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 12:45]

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:45 - Apr 21 with 881 viewsjayessess

Rorschach Test for what people think of Dozzell seemingly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:46 - Apr 21 with 876 viewsBiGDonnie

Tis a game of opinions!

Regardless of who's correct and whether he 'could' have got to the ball, the fact he then chooses to moan instead of trying to retrieve the ball is worse than the actual pass itself.

It confirms to me AD needs some experience next to him, he's not disciplined enough to anchor the midfield. Get an experienced pro next to him and I think we'll see what he can really do.

COYBs

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 872 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:46 - Apr 21 by BiGDonnie

Tis a game of opinions!

Regardless of who's correct and whether he 'could' have got to the ball, the fact he then chooses to moan instead of trying to retrieve the ball is worse than the actual pass itself.

It confirms to me AD needs some experience next to him, he's not disciplined enough to anchor the midfield. Get an experienced pro next to him and I think we'll see what he can really do.

The pass was far worse. A professional footballer misplacing a 5 yard pass that badly with that much time is ridiculous. Dozzell shooting him a look is nothing in comparison, imo.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:50 - Apr 21 with 865 viewsDanTheMan

Just because I'm bored, actually looking at it as slow as possible, here is where it's not actually past him but Dozzell has already turned around assuming it was for someone else.

I'd say that it's actually further than an outstretched leg at the point alone.

By the time he's had time to process it's not for him, he's already moving towards it.

I think people are giving him way too much stick for what he's had to process in literally 2 seconds.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:51 - Apr 21 with 863 viewsBiGDonnie

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:47 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

The pass was far worse. A professional footballer misplacing a 5 yard pass that badly with that much time is ridiculous. Dozzell shooting him a look is nothing in comparison, imo.

Yeah the pass is a joke, but I do think Dozzer comes out worse with his initial movement and reaction to the pass.

Shall we just go with 'they're all sh*te'?

COYBs

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:53 - Apr 21 with 850 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:51 - Apr 21 by BiGDonnie

Yeah the pass is a joke, but I do think Dozzer comes out worse with his initial movement and reaction to the pass.

Shall we just go with 'they're all sh*te'?

I agree they're all sh!te, pretty sure we can all get on board with that.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:57 - Apr 21 with 839 viewsbilllm

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 10:17 - Apr 21 by N2_Blue

Yep, he unfortunately doesn't show the attitude of a professional player. For all this potential talent that is talked of we have so rarely seen it. Will fans still be saying in two years, oh but give him a run of games and he will come good.

He's had a full season, in yes not a great team, but we have won games at times and yet he has almost contributed nothing in terms of goals and assists.

I could almost forgive this by saying he has little to work with if he had the desire and attitude to work his socks off...but he doesn't. His attitude is symptomatic of the rot in this football club. He's in such a pivotal area of the pitch and we get almost nothing from him. Time to move on.

Everything about this post is correct, a lot of potential no end product, don't think there ever will be,
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:00 - Apr 21 with 831 viewsBiGDonnie

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:53 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

I agree they're all sh!te, pretty sure we can all get on board with that.

Yup!

I do still want Dozzer here next season. But the others I'd want to keep are getting thinner by the match.

COYBs

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:12 - Apr 21 with 814 viewsHerbivore

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:00 - Apr 21 by BiGDonnie

Yup!

I do still want Dozzer here next season. But the others I'd want to keep are getting thinner by the match.

Likewise, I'd keep Dozzer. This has been a tough season but in the long run he'll be better for it. He's played a lot of games, which he's not really done before. I'd keep KVY and Downes, probably Woolf, Nydam, Bishop, Dobra and Lankester as well. Everyone else can do one.

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:21 - Apr 21 with 804 viewschrismakin

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 12:50 - Apr 21 by DanTheMan

Just because I'm bored, actually looking at it as slow as possible, here is where it's not actually past him but Dozzell has already turned around assuming it was for someone else.

I'd say that it's actually further than an outstretched leg at the point alone.

By the time he's had time to process it's not for him, he's already moving towards it.

I think people are giving him way too much stick for what he's had to process in literally 2 seconds.

best thing about freezing it, it shows how close Mcguiness was to making the 100 yard pass

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:35 - Apr 21 with 784 viewsRobTheMonk

I did have a little wry chuckle at the start of the second half. Paul Cook obviously wants the team to do better this half. Go out and show me what you can do kind of thing....

10 seconds into the half we mess up some simple passing and pass it into touch. Cook then proceeds to put his hood up like a frustrated teenager LOL.
Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:43 - Apr 21 with 769 viewsBiGDonnie

Watched this clip dozens of times now on 13:12 - Apr 21 by Herbivore

Likewise, I'd keep Dozzer. This has been a tough season but in the long run he'll be better for it. He's played a lot of games, which he's not really done before. I'd keep KVY and Downes, probably Woolf, Nydam, Bishop, Dobra and Lankester as well. Everyone else can do one.

Think we've got the exact same list of keeps! Busy summer for PC.

Love the look of Walton as a keeper, massive step up to what we've got.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024