Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. 02:49 - Apr 27 with 5568 viewseddiespearitt03

Can anyone explain how someone can only get 3 years 10 months for the death of Richard Day ? How can a 17yr old Andrea Cristea punch someone, then kick him on ground 3 times and return to go through his pockets get such a light sentence ? Was seen laughing as Richard lay unconscious. He had previous convictions for robbery, burglary, shop lifting and assault. Yet, he will probably only do half the sentence before being released on licence.
Two others were discharged. Another who had kicked Richard whilst he lay unconscious got a 10 month youth rehab order and 3 month curfew.

Richard worked at Power Networks in control room and helped out previously at "CAMRA" beer festivals. Richard would never engage in a confrontation. He was simply waking home after watching a music band. Rest in Peace .
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:04 - Apr 29 with 1047 viewschicoazul

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 09:32 - Apr 27 by TieDyedIn95

Remember when the Tories said they'd be tough on crime? Well they lied to you about that. They spent years blaming the EU and human rights, but it wasn't that either, it's because they are a rubbish Government that is really soft on crime.

I didn't know Richard but know the family, absolutely disgraceful that this was allowed to happen in Ipswich and the sentence ... well shows you how much our legal system values our lives and safety. Maybe we should write to Tom Hunt demanding he take this up with the Home Secretary and ask why he thinks this sentence is acceptable?

Every government for 30 years has been soft on crime. Nowadays you’ll be lucky if babylon even turn up after you’ve been burgled or assaulted. We all see anti social crimes every day around us but nobody seems to care least of all governments who continue to tell the police to do the wrong thing rather than the right thing; foot patrol.
May this gentleman rest in peace.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:14 - Apr 29 with 1045 viewsnoggin

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 07:48 - Apr 29 by Leaky

Probably because the alternative to this government was deemed by the electorate. To appalling.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:26 - Apr 29 with 1016 viewsElephantintheRoom

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 07:48 - Apr 29 by Leaky

Probably because the alternative to this government was deemed by the electorate. To appalling.

No - 56% of the electorate didnt want the current government. We live in a 'democracy' where the will of the people can be decided by 44% - the government then trampling over the wishes and beliefs of the vast majority of people that didnt vote for them.

Anyone who has done jury service, or indeed had dealings with the legal 'profession' will not be overly suyrprised by this seemingly leniant sentance. Any comments on a forum like this are clouded by emotion without knowing what facts were presented in court . If the sentance was as lenient as it appears from the outside - an appeal process will put things right. All part of great British justice - which is about as fit for purpose as British democracy.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 01:37 - May 1 with 906 viewseddiespearitt03

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:26 - Apr 29 by ElephantintheRoom

No - 56% of the electorate didnt want the current government. We live in a 'democracy' where the will of the people can be decided by 44% - the government then trampling over the wishes and beliefs of the vast majority of people that didnt vote for them.

Anyone who has done jury service, or indeed had dealings with the legal 'profession' will not be overly suyrprised by this seemingly leniant sentance. Any comments on a forum like this are clouded by emotion without knowing what facts were presented in court . If the sentance was as lenient as it appears from the outside - an appeal process will put things right. All part of great British justice - which is about as fit for purpose as British democracy.

This was not posted because it was "clouded by emotion" or anything that may of been offered in court. I knew Richard from voluntary work at CAMRA beer festivals. A lovely human being. I would reliably say there were no mitigating circumstances.
I would say that the excuses given for this attack were exactly that, excuses. Everyone who knew Richard would back that up.
Richard was a happy hippy. Simply walking home. He would not of attracted any attention off 1 person ,let alone 3 or 4.
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 01:58 - May 1 with 893 viewstextbackup

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 01:37 - May 1 by eddiespearitt03

This was not posted because it was "clouded by emotion" or anything that may of been offered in court. I knew Richard from voluntary work at CAMRA beer festivals. A lovely human being. I would reliably say there were no mitigating circumstances.
I would say that the excuses given for this attack were exactly that, excuses. Everyone who knew Richard would back that up.
Richard was a happy hippy. Simply walking home. He would not of attracted any attention off 1 person ,let alone 3 or 4.

I've known Richards brother for as long as I can remember, and if Richard was anything like his brother (which everything I read suggests he was) there is no doubting he was a lovely caring decent human.
that 17 year old piece of sht will continue to be scum until his dying day, pointless him being here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 02:06 - May 1 with 889 viewsSpruceMoose

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 01:58 - May 1 by textbackup

I've known Richards brother for as long as I can remember, and if Richard was anything like his brother (which everything I read suggests he was) there is no doubting he was a lovely caring decent human.
that 17 year old piece of sht will continue to be scum until his dying day, pointless him being here.

Horrendous stuff. Words can't express how his family must be feeling.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 6:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:54 - May 1 with 800 viewsHARRY10

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:04 - Apr 29 by chicoazul

Every government for 30 years has been soft on crime. Nowadays you’ll be lucky if babylon even turn up after you’ve been burgled or assaulted. We all see anti social crimes every day around us but nobody seems to care least of all governments who continue to tell the police to do the wrong thing rather than the right thing; foot patrol.
May this gentleman rest in peace.

Foot patrol ! ! 1

That has to be the stupid thought I have encountered for a good long while - which is probably why every other country has never reverted back to this idiotic idea.

A study of criminal behaviour dating back to the 1900s showed that the biggest encouragement to committing crime was the thought of getting away with it. You can imagine how that would be encouraged by your nonsense.

What next, have the fire brigade patrolling the streets, bucket in hand ? Ambulance crews seperated and simlarly patrollimnh the streets eacj with an a first aid bag ?

It was said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter ". I would alter that to read an argument against democracy would be to have a five minute read of some of the guff that gets put up on here.

Otherwise if this murderer is not a UK subject then I see no reason for his being here, other than to serve his sentence. And then right of entry back into the UK for whatever length of time should be refused.... permanently.
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 09:33 - May 1 with 781 viewsHerbivore

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 14:14 - Apr 27 by MJallday

It will go to Home sec on appeal

Mind you she’s useless so she will probably let him go home with a nice present

She's much more likely to have him hanged, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:11 - May 1 with 750 viewsClareBlue

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 14:08 - Apr 27 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure that the lenient sentence is the most shocking thing here.

Take this on board

Mary Prior QC, mitigating, said the boy had since been assessed as having an IQ of 66, a learning disability and conduct disorder — none of which were known to education authorities, social services or the youth offending team at the time.

Seems this lad had been in trouble numerous times yet theses things had not previously been assessed. Surely something is wrong with system.

This is tragic for all concerned and there really are no winners in these situations.

The family have to live with this pain for a lifetime. I was close to a very similar case - one drunken punch outside a take away and dead. leaving a wife, young kids and a traumatised brother who was at the scene and 20 years later is still coping to deal with it.

So whilst it is natural to want punishment for the criminal behaviour, and we can not even begin to imagine the pain of the family if we haven't been there, there is plenty of other behaviour the policy makers and paid professionals prior to this event that have to be questioned in the process of getting justice.

The offender is 17 - have we completely given up as a society on any hope of someone being a positive member by the time they are 17?

This person is now marginalised from society and will cost us all plenty over the next 40 years through the criminal justice system, social welfare supports, and highly likely more pain for more victims of his actions.

Whatever your political views the cutting back on services that provide early interventions, support in schools and educational opportunities, intervention after entering the criminal justice system and support for special needs is just not cost effective and that's before you even think of the pain victims like this have to go through and the complete waste of lives and potential.

There is more to be outraged about here than a perceived lenient sentence
Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:17 - May 1 with 744 viewsnoggin

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 10:11 - May 1 by ClareBlue

This is tragic for all concerned and there really are no winners in these situations.

The family have to live with this pain for a lifetime. I was close to a very similar case - one drunken punch outside a take away and dead. leaving a wife, young kids and a traumatised brother who was at the scene and 20 years later is still coping to deal with it.

So whilst it is natural to want punishment for the criminal behaviour, and we can not even begin to imagine the pain of the family if we haven't been there, there is plenty of other behaviour the policy makers and paid professionals prior to this event that have to be questioned in the process of getting justice.

The offender is 17 - have we completely given up as a society on any hope of someone being a positive member by the time they are 17?

This person is now marginalised from society and will cost us all plenty over the next 40 years through the criminal justice system, social welfare supports, and highly likely more pain for more victims of his actions.

Whatever your political views the cutting back on services that provide early interventions, support in schools and educational opportunities, intervention after entering the criminal justice system and support for special needs is just not cost effective and that's before you even think of the pain victims like this have to go through and the complete waste of lives and potential.

There is more to be outraged about here than a perceived lenient sentence

Excellent post.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 12:18 - May 1 with 695 viewschicoazul

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:54 - May 1 by HARRY10

Foot patrol ! ! 1

That has to be the stupid thought I have encountered for a good long while - which is probably why every other country has never reverted back to this idiotic idea.

A study of criminal behaviour dating back to the 1900s showed that the biggest encouragement to committing crime was the thought of getting away with it. You can imagine how that would be encouraged by your nonsense.

What next, have the fire brigade patrolling the streets, bucket in hand ? Ambulance crews seperated and simlarly patrollimnh the streets eacj with an a first aid bag ?

It was said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter ". I would alter that to read an argument against democracy would be to have a five minute read of some of the guff that gets put up on here.

Otherwise if this murderer is not a UK subject then I see no reason for his being here, other than to serve his sentence. And then right of entry back into the UK for whatever length of time should be refused.... permanently.

You’re stupid.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 15:14 - May 1 with 638 viewseddiespearitt03

Murder/ Manslaughter of ITFC supporter Richard Day. on 08:54 - May 1 by HARRY10

Foot patrol ! ! 1

The group who attacked Richard were probably identified by CCTV. I just wonder if the assault was caught on CCTV. ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024