Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points Tally 17:35 - May 9 with 2287 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

As terrible as this season has been, when put into context 69 points is a very healthy points tally... for a side as shocking as we’ve been for large parts.

It’s usually 75 points to secure playoffs and 85 to finish top two. It’s not inconceivable that we could have snuck an extra 6 points in this torrid campaign.. not that we would have deserved to

Another positive that as bad as we’ve been, just a little quality next season should see us better this seasons tally and be in the frame to get out of this league
Points Tally on 18:02 - May 9 with 2144 viewsJ2BLUE

You could argue failing to offer Garbutt a contract cost us a play off place.

Obviously not that simple as it would have had knock on effects but certainly possible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Points Tally on 18:05 - May 9 with 2134 viewswkj

Points Tally on 18:02 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Obviously not that simple as it would have had knock on effects but certainly possible.

Indeed. We suffered greatly from having tiredness on the wings this season. Both Ward and Chambers had spells where you could see their age pulling them down.

I think Mick Mills said that Wards came in and started well, but as the season rumbled on he looked tired.

Wings are a place you need pace and acceleration for most of the match, something that older players don't tend to have over the likes of Garbutt and the sort.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Points Tally on 18:22 - May 9 with 2054 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Points Tally on 18:02 - May 9 by J2BLUE

Or getting Hawkins for free instead of spending 1.3m on Clarke-Harris.
Points Tally on 18:24 - May 9 with 2046 viewsghostofescobar

Amazing to think that despite how painfully awful we’ve been, over the course of the entire season, we have ended up only a couple of wins and a draw off being in the play offs. Incredible.

GhostOfEscobar

Points Tally on 18:41 - May 9 with 1964 viewsdominiciawful

Hehe, 69.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Points Tally on 18:50 - May 9 with 1927 viewsstonojnr

Points Tally on 18:24 - May 9 by ghostofescobar

Amazing to think that despite how painfully awful we’ve been, over the course of the entire season, we have ended up only a couple of wins and a draw off being in the play offs. Incredible.

which all those who were writing off it being possible to get in the playoffs back in January ought to remember next time.

If Id been Cook post this game Id have printed a big A3 size poster of the league table of where we ended up and 6th, walked in the dressing room, taped it to the wall, and just walked out without saying a word.
Points Tally on 18:52 - May 9 with 1921 viewsMerseyBlue

I said exactly the same thing when I looked at the table earlier. We are very fortunate that the salary cap has been done away with for next season because this was a golden opportunity squandered.

Everybody has been tripping up over themselves to not get promoted this year and despite being woefully poor throughout the entire season, we only needed to score once against each of Shrewsbury, Rochdale and Wigan and we would have made top 6.

Of course we could have gained the points earlier in the season, but you can understand why Cook has been so angry with the players since he's come in - it was an easily reachable target, even for our dysfunctional outfit.

Looking forward to seeing the demolition man get to work and starting afresh.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Points Tally on 20:36 - May 9 with 1764 viewsFPL_Tractor

Points Tally on 18:52 - May 9 by MerseyBlue

I said exactly the same thing when I looked at the table earlier. We are very fortunate that the salary cap has been done away with for next season because this was a golden opportunity squandered.

Everybody has been tripping up over themselves to not get promoted this year and despite being woefully poor throughout the entire season, we only needed to score once against each of Shrewsbury, Rochdale and Wigan and we would have made top 6.

Of course we could have gained the points earlier in the season, but you can understand why Cook has been so angry with the players since he's come in - it was an easily reachable target, even for our dysfunctional outfit.

Looking forward to seeing the demolition man get to work and starting afresh.

The salary cap hasn’t totally gone has it, it’s just not based on that ridiculous £2million (or whatever it was) limit but based on revenue wasn’t it?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Login to get fewer ads

Points Tally on 22:33 - May 9 with 1613 viewsMerseyBlue

Points Tally on 20:36 - May 9 by FPL_Tractor

The salary cap hasn’t totally gone has it, it’s just not based on that ridiculous £2million (or whatever it was) limit but based on revenue wasn’t it?

As far as I understand it, things have returned to the old system where it is tied to turnover yeah. Someone else will definitely have a better handle on it than me, but whilst situations like Bury could happen again, we should be pretty safe!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Points Tally on 22:37 - May 9 with 1601 viewsKropotkin123

69 points would have seen us promoted in first last season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Points Tally on 00:26 - May 10 with 1489 viewsEsseeja

Points Tally on 22:37 - May 9 by Kropotkin123

69 points would have seen us promoted in first last season.

Doubt we would be able to get that many without the full 46, even then we would never get playoffs with that.
Points Tally on 07:34 - May 10 with 1346 viewsSteve_M

Yep, I was thinking similarly yesterday. We've dropped the six points needed for the play-offs since Cook has been here, let alone over the rest of the season.

If we get the right players in quickly over the Summer and get off to a good start (the last two seasons demonstrate that better players usually help there) and we might be well placed to have a good season.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 8:28]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Points Tally on 07:43 - May 10 with 1329 viewsElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - you may as well suggest that if Evans hadn't unloaed the club to the debt peddlars and got rid of Lambo the club could (and should) have made the play offs. Cook squandered a golden opportunity with his narcisstic attitude - and the players effectively downed tools in a very curious and deflating end to season under dodgy new owners - and floundering management..

I'm not entirely sure this was such a terrible season, all things considered. There were more teams below Town than above them

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Points Tally on 08:05 - May 10 with 1268 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Points Tally on 07:43 - May 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - you may as well suggest that if Evans hadn't unloaed the club to the debt peddlars and got rid of Lambo the club could (and should) have made the play offs. Cook squandered a golden opportunity with his narcisstic attitude - and the players effectively downed tools in a very curious and deflating end to season under dodgy new owners - and floundering management..

I'm not entirely sure this was such a terrible season, all things considered. There were more teams below Town than above them

That last paragraph speaks volumes.. No club has any god given right to anything and I’ll quite comfortably say we’re not as ‘big’ a club as we like to think we are..

But judging a 9th place finish in L1 as anything other than a very bad season is exactly what is wrong with this club and has been wrong with it for years. Lack of ambition had led us to accept mediocrity and it’s been the erosion of standards over that time that has seen us accept failure
Points Tally on 10:43 - May 10 with 1121 viewschrismakin

Also, PC finished on 19 points from his 16 games

PL had 18 points in his previous 16 games*

Based on 16 PL games up until the Oxford game as we know, Gill/Walker were involved in the team selection from that point.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Points Tally on 10:45 - May 10 with 1118 viewschrismakin

Narcisstic attiude lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Points Tally on 10:46 - May 10 with 1106 viewsLeaky

Are suggesting we should have kept evans & Lambert in charge of the club. If so have youhibinating for past 3 years. Hope you had great sleep.
Points Tally on 10:54 - May 10 with 1090 viewsKropotkin123

Points Tally on 00:26 - May 10 by Esseeja

Doubt we would be able to get that many without the full 46, even then we would never get playoffs with that.

Yeah, I was joking

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024