Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton tasked to sell 10:59 - May 11 with 5647 viewsCoco

Jackson, Donacien, Holy, Hawkins and Bishop as a priority. At least six first choice players to come in.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:47 - May 11 with 1342 viewsStokieBlue

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:18 - May 11 by pointofblue

Bristol Rovers at home, I think, under Cook. He definitely looked better when played at the number ten position than alongside Downes or Dozzell so, if he stays, I’d like to see if played there. I guess the question is can we improve on him? If so, then let him go. If not, then why weaken the squad? As said, whilst he’s flattered to deceive at times he hasn’t been awful.

Interesting how people can see things differently, I didn't think he was great as a 10. Dozzell put through two wonderful passes and he was offside both times and he missed a sitter as I guess isn't used to finishing off crosses.

As you say, it depends on who we can get in.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:47 - May 11 with 1342 viewsMattinLondon

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:11 - May 11 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

As a rule on thumb isn’t def info and waffle the same on here?

Obviously, some very limited exceptions to this rule apply.
Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:51 - May 11 with 1322 viewsLeoMuff

Col who ears will be pricking up again, if they landed Bishop that would be some signing. I would love to see Bishop playing for us next season but I am a sentimental fool, I’m really not sure where he would fit in with 4321 maybe in the middle of the attacking 3.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:53 - May 11 with 1317 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 11:07 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

It will be more than 6. We're looking at 12 players minimum, I think.

You intimated that Dobra was on his way out yesterday.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 13:09 - May 11 with 1265 viewsTieDyedIn95

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:46 - May 11 by chrismakin

Downes. Wolfenden. Dozzell

An astute tradesman could make a lot of money on these three. Same with Dobra.

Ashton is a profit focused CEO, sometimes to the detriment of the overall progress of the club which is why he's so unpopular, but if your a pension fund looking for a good return on your early investment he is a great appointment. He's also great at paying low fees for good players as well and selling them on for much more.

So while I expect he will move the likes of Jackson on, there more money in the others and they'll be off.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 17:31 - May 11 with 1169 viewspatrickswell

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 12:35 - May 11 by BlueandTruesince82

One wonders if perhaps Teddy has been judged on Character (and IDK this is just a theory) didn't he have a few issues a couple of years back, perhaps as he was breaking through with gambling (Not Chopraesque on anything) was it betting on footy when players not allowed or something.

Now that's just 1 isolated incident on which it would be v unfair to judge him so possibly well wide of the mark but seems like something he perhaps picked up trying to be one of the lads?

I guess my point is perhaps Teddy is a bit easily led into bad habbits?

Judging by the picture of the girl he used to have as the cover photo on his Twitter Page, I think he was led into some very nice habits. No wonder he was rarely fit enough to play football...
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:47]
Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 17:41 - May 11 with 1150 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 17:31 - May 11 by patrickswell

Judging by the picture of the girl he used to have as the cover photo on his Twitter Page, I think he was led into some very nice habits. No wonder he was rarely fit enough to play football...
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:47]

I used to work with a lass who dated one of our then youth players, can't remember which one but did know it if I saw the name, didn't kick on and plays non league somewhere localish to town and by god she was a cumly lass.

Also used to work with a girl who dated Chris Birchall when he was at Port Vale and she was frankly the most striking girl I have ever known. We had a wake in the office when she left.

I can understand how well paid young men with the world at their feet can get distracted

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 17:44 - May 11 with 1139 viewsTIB

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 11:22 - May 11 by WeirdFishes

I don’t understand the clamour from many to keep him. If he didn’t come through our academy I don’t think people would feel the same way, ultimately for an attacking midfielder 5 goals in 120 games isn’t great.

For me he does 2/3 very tidy things in a game but goes missing for large parts. I actually think it would do him well to have a fresh start somewhere.

For the OP - where has this come from?

Yep, just like the club is getting a fresh start, I think Teddy needs one too (with a sell on clause).

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 22:27 - May 11 with 1028 viewsJ2BLUE

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 11:24 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

I have to say, from the way the club worded the statement yesterday, didn't sound like one who would've been kept.

Think we're reading too much into that. They were just differentiating between the club activating the clauses and one triggered automatically. can't be bothered to look back at how many starts Bishop had made when Cook came in but would imagine he knew well in advance that he would be triggering his extension.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 23:10 - May 11 with 977 viewspointofblue

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 22:27 - May 11 by J2BLUE

Think we're reading too much into that. They were just differentiating between the club activating the clauses and one triggered automatically. can't be bothered to look back at how many starts Bishop had made when Cook came in but would imagine he knew well in advance that he would be triggering his extension.

Played on practically every match after Cook joined, though a mixture of starting and bench.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 08:04 - May 12 with 863 viewsbraveblue

Good. Bishop can look good but these guys failed to dominate in League 1. Plus he is injured too easily. Time to move on.
Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 08:53 - May 12 with 801 viewscooperd5

Mark Ashton tasked to sell on 11:07 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

It will be more than 6. We're looking at 12 players minimum, I think.

Could play my favoured 4-4-4 then... 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024