Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy 13:53 - May 16 with 13065 viewssaffers12

Incoming
Morsy on 15:11 - May 16 with 5275 viewsjaykay

Morsy on 14:05 - May 16 by pointofblue

Hmm there’s logic to it if we look into an exchange. Morsy really happy to take a step down, like Bradley, though?

Bring both of them and I can’t see us getting around the salary cap unless Ed Sheeran is giving us a fair about in sponsorship and the owners are putting money into the club which is not a loan.

no we going to pay them the salary cap, but their wives are going to be employed as office staff and be paid 20 grand a week

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Morsy on 15:12 - May 16 with 5263 viewsParky

Morsy on 14:23 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Seems that it would be a very difficult deal to do bearing in mind a regular at Boro and 2 years left on deal

Played 31 times for Boro this season and missed the end of the season due to injury and as you say, has 2 years left on his current deal.

Would command a fee for sure, but would be an ideal replacement for Downes or Dozzell.
Morsy on 15:33 - May 16 with 5112 viewsFixed_It

Morsy on 14:25 - May 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Swap for Flynn Downes or Bishop or Dobs or Wolfie or someone else I'd imagine.

Love Teddy, but possibly his finest game was against Boro a few seasons back.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Morsy on 17:13 - May 16 with 4826 viewsdirtyboy

I just don’t know how we can afford the wages within the salary cap!

Unless we go down the whole take the fine hit or whatever the sanctions are, in which case we’ll become one of those clubs that everyone hates, rather than plucky Ipswich everyone’s favourite second team.

Imagine Connolly, Morsy and Bradley in this league...would we concede a goal? Lol!
Morsy on 17:55 - May 16 with 4692 viewschicoazul

Morsy on 14:23 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Seems that it would be a very difficult deal to do bearing in mind a regular at Boro and 2 years left on deal

Don’t they have big money problems at the moment? Sure I read that recently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Morsy on 18:14 - May 16 with 4549 viewsSarge

Morsy on 14:03 - May 16 by chrismakin

Downes plus cash perhaps, was boro linked with dozzell?

Think that would be a terrible deal for us to be honest. Morsy would be a great signing for us, and a coup if he dropped down a level but he’s 29 and missed a quarter of the season through injury. I’d be uncomfortable about trading Downes who is still at the very beginning of his career for him.

Seems to be some degree of throwing the baby out with the bath water because the whole team underperformed last season it must mean that players such as Downes aren’t good enough which is patently false. I don’t think anybody would be surprised to see Downes play his career as a solid Championship standard player at the very least.
Morsy on 18:47 - May 16 with 4401 viewsChocorange

Morsy on 18:14 - May 16 by Sarge

Think that would be a terrible deal for us to be honest. Morsy would be a great signing for us, and a coup if he dropped down a level but he’s 29 and missed a quarter of the season through injury. I’d be uncomfortable about trading Downes who is still at the very beginning of his career for him.

Seems to be some degree of throwing the baby out with the bath water because the whole team underperformed last season it must mean that players such as Downes aren’t good enough which is patently false. I don’t think anybody would be surprised to see Downes play his career as a solid Championship standard player at the very least.

Downes may still want to go... transfer request last season, , if he moved to Palace he could expect to at least quadruple his pay .. even championship clubs would double his pay .

If he’s not committed to the club , it’s better he goes , and he is the one of the biggest assets we have to bring in cash to get players who do want to be here.
Morsy on 23:41 - May 16 with 3958 viewsclive_baker

Morsy on 18:14 - May 16 by Sarge

I think we need to get comfortable that Downes is highly likely to move on this summer. If he’s a sweetener in a Morsy deal, that might well be attractive to Boro. As you say, he’s the best part of 8 years his junior, with a lot of upside potential if he has a good year or 2 in the championship.

The strategy is clearly short term success over longer term potential, but we need to remember our owners need relatively quick results, so that shouldn’t come as a surprise. A 30 year old with the potential to get us up immediately is of greater value than a yoof who is still cutting their teeth. I can’t help but feel Downes is one who can contribute in the here and now, I get it a bit more with a Dobra where there’s definitely an argument for it, tomorrow never comes and all that.

Certainly feels like the strategy is immediate promotion to the Championship as absolute priority, then take stock and recycle where necessary.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy on 00:13 - May 17 with 3896 viewspointofblue

Morsy on 23:41 - May 16 by clive_baker

I think we need to get comfortable that Downes is highly likely to move on this summer. If he’s a sweetener in a Morsy deal, that might well be attractive to Boro. As you say, he’s the best part of 8 years his junior, with a lot of upside potential if he has a good year or 2 in the championship.

The strategy is clearly short term success over longer term potential, but we need to remember our owners need relatively quick results, so that shouldn’t come as a surprise. A 30 year old with the potential to get us up immediately is of greater value than a yoof who is still cutting their teeth. I can’t help but feel Downes is one who can contribute in the here and now, I get it a bit more with a Dobra where there’s definitely an argument for it, tomorrow never comes and all that.

Certainly feels like the strategy is immediate promotion to the Championship as absolute priority, then take stock and recycle where necessary.

Just reading that reminds me a bit of Brentford’s approach - scrap the academy and sign Premier League cast offs as it’s more Lolley to pay dividends quicker. Not a criticism as it has worked well for them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy on 14:10 - Jun 5 with 3402 viewssaffers12

I still stand behind this 100% was very high on early list and someone I trust from other source has given it some validity behind it
Morsy on 14:45 - Jun 5 with 3179 viewshoppy

Morsy on 14:02 - May 16 by pointofblue

How? He’s under contract until 2023 and appeared regularly for Middlesbrough last season. Are we going to start buying players?

I don't think there was any doubt we would be buying players - and not necessarily ones near the end of their contracts. The intent is there - it's just whether players can be persuaded to drop to League One, hopefully only for one season...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Morsy on 14:59 - Jun 5 with 3070 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy on 14:10 - Jun 5 by saffers12

I still stand behind this 100% was very high on early list and someone I trust from other source has given it some validity behind it

Even if it doesn’t get done it won’t be for lack of trying

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morsy on 14:59 - Jun 5 with 3064 viewsParky

Morsy on 14:10 - Jun 5 by saffers12

The same source that told you Evans deal was off yesterday?
Morsy on 15:00 - Jun 5 with 3047 viewssaffers12

Morsy on 14:59 - Jun 5 by Parky

The same source that told you Evans deal was off yesterday?

I never said it was off
Morsy on 15:05 - Jun 5 with 2995 viewsParky

Morsy on 15:00 - Jun 5 by saffers12

I never said it was off

“I said it was not happening before fergal posted...it is a medical issue”

Wigan fans on Evans. Saying they’re offering him new terms and not a done deal by SitfcB 4 Jun 2021 12:13
‘He's having a medical this morning but not a done deal yet,!! Wigan trying to put a package together as we speak‘

‘Trust me,he's far from made up his mind ,it's a big thing for him to move his family down to Suffolk,when he's settled in Wigan and loves playing for the club it's really 50/50 in my opinion ,🤔‘

‘He's down there because he thought Wigan would in no way be able to compete with the contract offered by ipswich.but when Wigan became aware that he was on his way down to Ipswich,they got in contact with Evans and upped their offer in a bid to change his mind.‘

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfers-rumours-speculation-news.115860/page-15

On page 3.

For the record, I hope we do sign Morsy, would be an unreal signing for this division.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 15:06]
Morsy on 15:06 - Jun 5 with 2988 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Morsy on 14:59 - Jun 5 by itfcjoe

Aye. Hit a bump in the road few weeks back but seems back on track. Hefty bid in place aswell…
Morsy on 15:07 - Jun 5 with 2953 viewssaffers12

Morsy on 15:05 - Jun 5 by Parky

“I said it was not happening before fergal posted...it is a medical issue”

Wigan fans on Evans. Saying they’re offering him new terms and not a done deal by SitfcB 4 Jun 2021 12:13
‘He's having a medical this morning but not a done deal yet,!! Wigan trying to put a package together as we speak‘

‘Trust me,he's far from made up his mind ,it's a big thing for him to move his family down to Suffolk,when he's settled in Wigan and loves playing for the club it's really 50/50 in my opinion ,🤔‘

‘He's down there because he thought Wigan would in no way be able to compete with the contract offered by ipswich.but when Wigan became aware that he was on his way down to Ipswich,they got in contact with Evans and upped their offer in a bid to change his mind.‘

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/summer-transfers-rumours-speculation-news.115860/page-15

On page 3.

For the record, I hope we do sign Morsy, would be an unreal signing for this division.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 15:06]

Christmas day is not happening today but it will in the future
Morsy on 15:17 - Jun 5 with 2875 viewsParky

Morsy on 15:07 - Jun 5 by saffers12

Christmas day is not happening today but it will in the future

No harm in admitting you were wrong. Here’s hoping you’re right on this one👍🏻
Morsy on 15:22 - Jun 5 with 2821 viewssaffers12

Morsy on 15:17 - Jun 5 by Parky

No harm in admitting you were wrong. Here’s hoping you’re right on this one👍🏻

Have admitted in the past I have been wromg re greyhound and the takeover not an issue for myself
Morsy on 15:27 - Jun 5 with 2757 viewstextbackup

Morsy on 14:59 - Jun 5 by itfcjoe

I'd hazard a guess that Mr Chambers will look at what we are bringing in and be slightly pissed he's not part of something exciting, when he'd spent so long here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy on 15:46 - Jun 5 with 2648 viewsbazza

Morsy on 15:27 - Jun 5 by textbackup

I'd hazard a guess that Mr Chambers will look at what we are bringing in and be slightly pissed he's not part of something exciting, when he'd spent so long here

He enjoyed his journey here tho..
Morsy on 16:20 - Jun 5 with 2473 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy on 15:27 - Jun 5 by textbackup

Definitely, shame as think he’d done enough to get another year and would have been good enough back up as reliable.

Morsy on 17:00 - Jun 5 with 2306 viewsWeirdFishes

A boro fan seems to think we have bid for him along with Sheffield United.

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/12674-dans-summer-transfer-thread/page/187

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Morsy on 17:01 - Jun 5 with 2303 viewstextbackup

Morsy on 16:20 - Jun 5 by itfcjoe

Definitely, shame as think he’d done enough to get another year and would have been good enough back up as reliable.

really thought one of he or CS would have got a year.

understand why PC didn't take the option though.... but I personally see chambers as a better back up at RB over donacian any day

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Morsy on 17:13 - Jun 5 with 2230 viewsitfcjoe

Morsy on 17:01 - Jun 5 by textbackup

really thought one of he or CS would have got a year.

understand why PC didn't take the option though.... but I personally see chambers as a better back up at RB over donacian any day

I think Skuse at 35 having missed the whole season just had to go really, think Chambers proved again he is always fit and nearly always a 6/7 out of 10 performance which in a back up is perfect

But can see why a fresh start needed in some respects. I’d have liked so see him get to 400 games but guess that stuff doesn’t really matter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024