Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand 10:22 - Jun 10 with 2221 viewsBobbychase

Anyone know if it would be possible to move the away fans entirely to the bottom tier of the Cobbold Stand in the long term? (In terms of shared entrances/exits with home supporters etc).

Wolves put the away fans in a similar position at Molineux - stretched out along a thin, lower tier. Makes it almost impossible to generate co-ordinated singing etc even when it#s full.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:29 - Jun 10 with 2143 viewsPaddy39

The away fans should be up top next the North Stand. That was how the stadium rocked.

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:31 - Jun 10 with 2116 viewsStokieBlue

Why would you want to decrease the atmosphere between the fans?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:34 - Jun 10 with 2103 viewsDinDjarin

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:29 - Jun 10 by Paddy39

The away fans should be up top next the North Stand. That was how the stadium rocked.

Location to train station will mean they will always be that end as easy to funnel away from the stadium.

Poor excuse as fine at other grounds.
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:35 - Jun 10 with 2095 viewsSomethingBlue

Not sure I'd want them being right along an entire side of the pitch. At Molineux that stand is set quite a way back from the touchline; not the same at PR, don't think it would be productive at all.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:35 - Jun 10 with 2085 viewsBobbychase

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:31 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

Why would you want to decrease the atmosphere between the fans?

SB

I'm not, I'm looking to maximise the advantage of the noise generated by the home fans. If the entire lower Cobbold was given over to away fans they would be nearer the SBR as I'd like, but we would get the benefit of having just Ipswich fans in the top tier, where the acoustics are better.

Like I said, Wolves did this years ago so even when they play West Brom or Villa and the away end is full, it's hard for the away fans to be heard

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:37 - Jun 10 with 2054 viewsEastTownBlue

Will make it difficult for the stewards/police. Didn't they remove the allocation for the away supporters in the lower Cobbold below the away supporters due to behaviour reasons ?
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:37 - Jun 10 with 2043 viewsStokieBlue

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:35 - Jun 10 by Bobbychase

I'm not, I'm looking to maximise the advantage of the noise generated by the home fans. If the entire lower Cobbold was given over to away fans they would be nearer the SBR as I'd like, but we would get the benefit of having just Ipswich fans in the top tier, where the acoustics are better.

Like I said, Wolves did this years ago so even when they play West Brom or Villa and the away end is full, it's hard for the away fans to be heard

Yes but I still don't understand why you want to make it hard to hear the away fans?

Surely the atmosphere is better when the fans are playing off against each other and the home fans should win out in the end given the numerical superiority.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:40 - Jun 10 with 2007 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:34 - Jun 10 by DinDjarin

Location to train station will mean they will always be that end as easy to funnel away from the stadium.

The north stand regulars should bite the bullet and move en-masse to the Churchmans end to create the atmosphere we all crave.
Login to get fewer ads

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:41 - Jun 10 with 1995 viewsBobbychase

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:37 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

Yes but I still don't understand why you want to make it hard to hear the away fans?

Surely the atmosphere is better when the fans are playing off against each other and the home fans should win out in the end given the numerical superiority.

SB

They should. But often don't due to changes to SBR.

I'm just intrigued to hear what the atmosphere would be like if the upper blocks of Cobbold were all ITFC and the two closest to SBR joined in with our singing.

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:44 - Jun 10 with 1978 viewsBobbychase

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:40 - Jun 10 by BlueBlueBluex2

The north stand regulars should bite the bullet and move en-masse to the Churchmans end to create the atmosphere we all crave.

That's further to walk from the Greyhound. Simply not possible

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 11:02 - Jun 10 with 1920 viewsFtnfwest

remember spurs being up there when we were in the prem under Lyall, was a great atmosphere
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 11:23 - Jun 10 with 1869 viewsbluelagos

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:40 - Jun 10 by BlueBlueBluex2

Cos the pipe and slipper brigade are going to love that!

I think they should move the away fans towards the North. Not going to happen though given the influence of the local police, who have been moving kick offs for derby matches for what must be close to 20 years.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 12:02 - Jun 10 with 1772 viewsBluefish

Villa did similar and it is now a poor away day. No end of trouble as their stewards are now worse than forest at trying to make you sit down because they don't want the exec box view ruined. We are in a pub league where teams bring 5 men and a dog, we shouldn't worry about then out singing us. We just need to learn some bloody songs now that the crowd can't sing PL is a blue on a loop

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 13:28 - Jun 10 with 1616 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:35 - Jun 10 by SomethingBlue

Not sure I'd want them being right along an entire side of the pitch. At Molineux that stand is set quite a way back from the touchline; not the same at PR, don't think it would be productive at all.

Also away fans standing will block the view from those in the box’s!
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 13:41 - Jun 10 with 1518 viewsbrazil1982

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:35 - Jun 10 by Bobbychase

Best way to improve atmosphere and noise from fans is to stop the overly loud music before the teams come out, while they're warming up and after a home goal. I hate it.
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 13:47 - Jun 10 with 1476 viewsFreddies_Ears

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 13:28 - Jun 10 by BtreeBlueBlood

Also away fans standing will block the view from those in the box’s!

That is the clincher. Standing in the lower tier obstructs the view from the 32 Cobbold boxes.
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 13:50 - Jun 10 with 1462 viewsPinewoodblue

Long term plan should be reconsider the location of away fans but only when they come to look at remodeling Cobbold.

Not directly relevant but I hope they find someway of moving cameras to Cobbold. Away fans at Sunderland, for example, are now out of sight. Nothing worse than having to watch a game via Sky, and see A mass of green and yellow in screen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 14:06 - Jun 10 with 1423 viewslazyblue

Well why don’t you move to upper SAR with us , it’s then problem solved.
Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 14:26 - Jun 10 with 1370 viewsghostofescobar

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 10:34 - Jun 10 by DinDjarin

It's a very poor excuse. Put the away fans at the other end and if it's a higher risk fixture, just hold the away fans back for 10 to 15 mins after a game. Surely that's within the realms of reasonableness, and worth it to generate some atmosphere, which is better for our team and, who knows, translates to more points for us??

GhostOfEscobar

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 15:48 - Jun 10 with 1232 viewsWallingford_Boy

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 14:26 - Jun 10 by ghostofescobar

It's a very poor excuse. Put the away fans at the other end and if it's a higher risk fixture, just hold the away fans back for 10 to 15 mins after a game. Surely that's within the realms of reasonableness, and worth it to generate some atmosphere, which is better for our team and, who knows, translates to more points for us??

They have to walk an extra approx 30 metres! Just get a few extra barriers ffs, hardly a big deal, its not like they are walking around the entire ground!

RIP Sir Bobby

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 15:54 - Jun 10 with 1194 viewsBluefish

Long term plan: Cobbold Stand on 15:48 - Jun 10 by Wallingford_Boy

They have to walk an extra approx 30 metres! Just get a few extra barriers ffs, hardly a big deal, its not like they are walking around the entire ground!

When we go to the likes of Rotherham it is a bottle neck to get in and away fans are the furthest point away. They seem to manage OK

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024