Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Dozzell has gone then 10:03 - Jun 15 with 4972 viewsGeoffSentence

At the end of last season I said that I would not mind seeing any of the players in our current squad going. Even so I do feel a little pang of loss at his departure. I guess it is because there is definitely a good player in there and he will probably come on really well elsewhere. Probably good for both him and the club to go their separate ways.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:04 - Jun 15 with 976 viewsDyland

I don't see how it's good for the club. Except maybe some cognitive dissonance or supernatural stuff about how he can't be good for Town because of something or other, and it's better for everyone he moves on.

He will do well at QPR, and he will have a good career.

A little peeved tbh, but ho hum.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:05 - Jun 15 with 956 viewsEly_Blue

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:07 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

I'm still shocked his agent put in a small minimum release clause into the contract, which was only signed in December.... bit obvious then he would be off this summer imo when there's been champ clubs linked with him for a while. Good for town to get some money instead of losing him on a free of course
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 10:09]

Who is his agent? That rat Jonathan Barnett by any chance?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:06 - Jun 15 with 952 viewsjayessess

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:00 - Jun 15 by blu_dru

Well maybe something in the way he runs, he just never looks like he is busting a gut i guess? I wish him well but i think without the Dozzell name there wouldn't be so many sad about this departure. He had the buy out clause inserted and clearly didn't want to stay here long term. He scored a good goal in the Leeds game when we got relegated but has done nothing for me in League one. I know he isnt unique in that in a Town shirt but he has not stood out like everyone thought he would.

Never see any running stats for League 1, but he was way more involved on-the-ball than Downes and only a touch less involved off-it, so it'd surprise me if he wasn't doing his fair share of running, tbh.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 11:07]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:10 - Jun 15 with 928 viewsblu_dru

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:06 - Jun 15 by jayessess

Never see any running stats for League 1, but he was way more involved on-the-ball than Downes and only a touch less involved off-it, so it'd surprise me if he wasn't doing his fair share of running, tbh.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 11:07]

Happy to be corrected by stats, just my view on him. I think we all hoped that Downes, Dozzell, Woolfy etc.. would really flourish and stand out in League one and its a real shame that they have not done so. PL obviously takes a share of the blame for this.
So Dozzell has gone then on 11:11 - Jun 15 with 923 viewsMrTown

Flitting moments of quality, but far far too infrequent. Too much of the time you don't know he's on the pitch.

The brutal reality is he never shined in a poor League 1 side, and largely anonymous throughout games

Will he go on to develop and shine elsewhere, I fecking hope so, but I'm not so sure.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:13 - Jun 15 with 912 viewsitfcpaul

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 by SWGF

Probably safe to assume experienced Championship manager, Mark Warburton, hasn't just spunked one million quid on an average L1 player who isn't strong enough, physical enough, doesn't run enough, and who gives away too many fouls into the bargain.

Shall we see

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:15 - Jun 15 with 901 viewsitfcpaul

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:33 - Jun 15 by reusersfreekicks

Stats to back up this gibberish?

God do stats need to be shown for everything, just watch him play football

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:16 - Jun 15 with 895 viewsitfcpaul

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:57 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Opinions still need to be backed by evidence if you want people to take them seriously.

I certainly don't think Dozzell was lazy - how are you coming to that conclusion?

SB

he never made any form of effort to get back and defend

Login to get fewer ads

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:18 - Jun 15 with 884 viewspositivity

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:16 - Jun 15 by itfcpaul

i disagree; he tried, he put in the effort, he just wasn't great at it. hence the high yellow card count

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:20 - Jun 15 with 876 viewschrismakin

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:18 - Jun 15 by positivity

i disagree; he tried, he put in the effort, he just wasn't great at it. hence the high yellow card count

People do forget too that a lot of his yellow cards came from him losing the ball and chasing after the player to rectify the situation.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:22 - Jun 15 with 871 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think that's true at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:23 - Jun 15 with 870 viewsStokieBlue

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:04 - Jun 15 by Dyland

I don't see how it's good for the club. Except maybe some cognitive dissonance or supernatural stuff about how he can't be good for Town because of something or other, and it's better for everyone he moves on.

He will do well at QPR, and he will have a good career.

A little peeved tbh, but ho hum.

It's not entirely the clubs fault if he would only resign with a small release clause. Can't blame him for that really.

SB

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:24 - Jun 15 with 864 viewsclive_baker

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:00 - Jun 15 by blu_dru

Well maybe something in the way he runs, he just never looks like he is busting a gut i guess? I wish him well but i think without the Dozzell name there wouldn't be so many sad about this departure. He had the buy out clause inserted and clearly didn't want to stay here long term. He scored a good goal in the Leeds game when we got relegated but has done nothing for me in League one. I know he isnt unique in that in a Town shirt but he has not stood out like everyone thought he would.

While I certainly wouldn't say lazy, I do think he looked jaded last season. It all just felt a bit stale, across the whole team like there was a lack of urgency and a case of going through the motions to some degree. That's not specific to Dozzell, but more of a general observation. We were so 'low energy'.

It's important to remember we've only ever witnessed a 20 / 21 year old, post serious injury Dozzell, operating in an absolutely dog sh1t team with a dog sh1t manager, and constant change alongside him. He definitely hasn't been given the conditions in which to thrive. He's got a lot of quality on the ball, he's classy, and if he can get a good 2 or 3 years under his belt at a higher level, in a proper set up, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him kick on and use that experience to improve his all round game as he matures.

It could well be the change of scenery he needs to get himself going again, I hope it works out for him. He's not lacking in ability.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:24 - Jun 15 with 860 viewsSWGF

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:13 - Jun 15 by itfcpaul

Shall we see

Don't think we've got much choice, if I'm honest

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:27 - Jun 15 with 840 viewsMetal_Hacker

I don’t think Dozzell would fit into PC’s favoured formation is the most obvious argument. Yeah he other for me is that we don’t know if he will manage to succeed in the championship either because for the most, his game time has been in league 1. I hope he does make it but I have my reservations as he’s hardly ripped up trees over the last 24 months.

I’d rather had kept him if it were me and if it were my money but it’s not and this is all about results and trust. Trust in the fact that the massive new back room staff are competent enough to get this and get us as a club right. I’m confident and can’t be any other at this moment in time. Slightly concerned I think but could be impatience with the lack of signings and feel good factor the past fortnight

Point being it’s a little premature calling it a bad decision when we don’t know what hats coming over the horizon

For now I’m holding my judgement and giving the regime the benefit of the doubt

Poll: If it were one or the other

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:28 - Jun 15 with 838 viewsjaykay

i am afraid to say the days of just been a player maker are long gone. the days of marsh, bowles etc are gone. you have to have high intensity midfield players are todays footballers.
pep and bielsa use play makers who make and score goals and a high work rate.
not saying ipswich will get the calibre of man city, leeds etc. but you get the equivalent of that sort who are league one standard

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:29 - Jun 15 with 836 viewsDyland

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:23 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

It's not entirely the clubs fault if he would only resign with a small release clause. Can't blame him for that really.

SB

No, that's 100% his agent, and clubs are hamstrung on that one. Fine.

Your response is a bit of a non sequitur though Stokers? I'm just saying how losing talented players can't be good for any club, no matter the circumstances.

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:31 - Jun 15 with 825 viewsDyland

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:27 - Jun 15 by Metal_Hacker

I don’t think Dozzell would fit into PC’s favoured formation is the most obvious argument. Yeah he other for me is that we don’t know if he will manage to succeed in the championship either because for the most, his game time has been in league 1. I hope he does make it but I have my reservations as he’s hardly ripped up trees over the last 24 months.

I’d rather had kept him if it were me and if it were my money but it’s not and this is all about results and trust. Trust in the fact that the massive new back room staff are competent enough to get this and get us as a club right. I’m confident and can’t be any other at this moment in time. Slightly concerned I think but could be impatience with the lack of signings and feel good factor the past fortnight

Point being it’s a little premature calling it a bad decision when we don’t know what hats coming over the horizon

For now I’m holding my judgement and giving the regime the benefit of the doubt

Totally agree with the last two paras. That and being peeved Dozzers is off are not mutually exclusive positions*

*for the posters who don't understand nuance, not you Hackers ;)

lollers (n/t) on 11:32 - Jun 15 with 813 viewsDyland

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:00 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

Slowly though things are starting to come out that backs up certain things.
He said he wants players who want to be here
You've got 1 midfielder who put in a transfer request, and the other had a get out clause put in his contract a few months ago.

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:33 - Jun 15 with 814 viewsStokieBlue

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:29 - Jun 15 by Dyland

No, that's 100% his agent, and clubs are hamstrung on that one. Fine.

Your response is a bit of a non sequitur though Stokers? I'm just saying how losing talented players can't be good for any club, no matter the circumstances.

If you frame it like that then you are certainly correct that losing young talent can't be good for the club.

My point was more that there is sometimes nothing that can be done to prevent it.

SB

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:34 - Jun 15 with 809 viewsBloomBlue

Good move for Dozzell, Warburton is an excellent coach (a lot of Town fans wanted him as manager) especially when it comes to flair players. Warburton's coaching will make him a better player
So Dozzell has gone then on 11:39 - Jun 15 with 785 viewsPositivelyPortman

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:14 - Jun 15 by SWGF

Probably safe to assume experienced Championship manager, Mark Warburton, hasn't just spunked one million quid on an average L1 player who isn't strong enough, physical enough, doesn't run enough, and who gives away too many fouls into the bargain.

Mark who?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:40 - Jun 15 with 783 viewsjayessess

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:22 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

I don't think that's true at all.

SB

It's statistically not true, but also difficult to square with our actual defensive record. Teams with weak, lazy etc. defensive midfielders don't generally end up with the 4th fewest goals conceded.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:42 - Jun 15 with 774 viewsMrTown

I don't think that's true, I just don't think he's that athletic.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:44 - Jun 15 with 767 viewsSteve_M

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:20 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

People do forget too that a lot of his yellow cards came from him losing the ball and chasing after the player to rectify the situation.

His yellow cards also came from September to January, after which there was one or maybe two bookings. Little things that show a player improving as the season went on despite the general malaise around him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024