Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Dozzell has gone then 10:03 - Jun 15 with 4973 viewsGeoffSentence

At the end of last season I said that I would not mind seeing any of the players in our current squad going. Even so I do feel a little pang of loss at his departure. I guess it is because there is definitely a good player in there and he will probably come on really well elsewhere. Probably good for both him and the club to go their separate ways.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

totes (n/t) on 11:47 - Jun 15 with 1115 viewsDyland

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:33 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

If you frame it like that then you are certainly correct that losing young talent can't be good for the club.

My point was more that there is sometimes nothing that can be done to prevent it.

SB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:50 - Jun 15 with 1103 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:18 - Jun 15 by positivity

i disagree; he tried, he put in the effort, he just wasn't great at it. hence the high yellow card count

And he improved on that side of his game in the second half of the season, picking up only 2 cards in that time. If you look at the yellows per minutes played he was nowhere near the worst. There are nine players who picked up cards more regularly, including Kenlock, Downes, Norwood, Jackson, Lankester, Drinan., Harrop, McGavin, Mattheson.

I think he was starting to develop nicely, obviously showing he could learn and grow. And that was his first full season of football don't forget. I agree with comments about it being a waste of all the effort we've put in to him and feel we may have been a bit hasty here. There's room for a footballer in any team. A quick eye for a pass is never a bad thing however a team is set up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:52 - Jun 15 with 1105 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, a real tough one to take as a fan after seeing him come through, that potential, the bad injury and finally beginning to realise some of it but in a fairly poorly functioning team.

Seems a good move for him to QPR where they have a coach who plays very good football and trusts youngsters - I think it may be the best thing for all parties currently but still don't want to see him in a different shirt unless he was going to a bigger club for a bigger fee.

He's been badly managed since his injury in fairness, but that is part of being a club with little direction and leadership off the field

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:54 - Jun 15 with 1095 viewsjayessess

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:33 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

If you frame it like that then you are certainly correct that losing young talent can't be good for the club.

My point was more that there is sometimes nothing that can be done to prevent it.

SB

I'm slightly reassured by the minimum release clause news, tbh. Makes it seem less like wanton destruction...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:56 - Jun 15 with 1082 viewsSwansea_Blue

This all may be for the best of course, but I must admit I'm struggling to get Hurst's dismantling of key parts of the side out of my mind and just hope we're not making the same mistakes again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:58 - Jun 15 with 1079 viewsRyorry

I feel a *big* pang of loss

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:00 - Jun 15 with 1067 viewschrismakin

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:56 - Jun 15 by Swansea_Blue

This all may be for the best of course, but I must admit I'm struggling to get Hurst's dismantling of key parts of the side out of my mind and just hope we're not making the same mistakes again.

Last time we lost 42 goals

so far
We've lost four 30+ year olds and Huws and a not very good keeper

At worse we're about to lose a few with future potentials

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:13 - Jun 15 with 1025 viewsRyorry

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:00 - Jun 15 by chrismakin

Last time we lost 42 goals

so far
We've lost four 30+ year olds and Huws and a not very good keeper

At worse we're about to lose a few with future potentials

"At worse we're about to lose a few with future potentials"

I'd say that's quite a bad "worse" tbh.*

*albeit accepting Stokie's point that sometimes you can't do anything to prevent such situations

Login to get fewer ads

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:32 - Jun 15 with 1001 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It’s really disappointing. I’ve always been a fan of Andre, he’s going to be a top player. But I don’t think that is going to happen here. So I hope he does well at QPR

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:43 - Jun 15 with 974 viewsvanmunt

I think the word everyone is looking for is 'Languid' not 'Lazy'... be interesting how the QPR support take to his mannerisms.

He hardly set League 1 alight, I would probably say he was bang average at best. Wish him the best and it will be interesting to see if he does kick on, cant see it, but we will see.
So Dozzell has gone then on 12:47 - Jun 15 with 964 viewsRyorry

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:43 - Jun 15 by vanmunt

I think the word everyone is looking for is 'Languid' not 'Lazy'... be interesting how the QPR support take to his mannerisms.

He hardly set League 1 alight, I would probably say he was bang average at best. Wish him the best and it will be interesting to see if he does kick on, cant see it, but we will see.

Very good point re "Languid not Lazy" - think that's probably true.

So Dozzell has gone then on 13:15 - Jun 15 with 898 viewsBlueandTruesince82

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:56 - Jun 15 by Swansea_Blue

Don't need to have key players for that to become an issue

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So Dozzell has gone then on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 887 viewsChurchman

Agree with this. It is the right time for him to move on and I’m just a little sad that we’ve probably not seen the best of him. With good coaching and decent medical/fitness care I think he will be able to make the step up and develop into a good championship player. Good luck to him.

What has happened with Dozzell is a cruel reminder of how far ITFC has fallen in so many ways under Evans. I like to think that now change is blowing through, one day we can once again be the club that picks up potentially decent players from the wreckage of failed clubs in the lower leagues.

So much to do on and especially off the field.
So Dozzell has gone then on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 887 viewsN2_Blue

So Dozzell has gone then on 12:47 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

Very good point re "Languid not Lazy" - think that's probably true.

I should feel sad and disappointed by him leaving.....but i just don't. He has delivered so little and I don't think the attitude of any player including Andre least year endeared themselves to the supporters.

I get it was a struggling team and much was wrong with club...but even more reason to knuckle down and show how you want it, especially knowing at any point something was going to change with both manger and ownership, but i just never saw that hard graft and determination to make it work and perform to the level his ability warrants.

For that reason I'm not disappointed in him leaving. I'm disappointed in AD for not doing more in his time with us, he was given ample opportunity and at L1 level really didn't overly impress in the way he really should have done.

New start, new motivation will no doubt help him which is why this is the best for both parties. I wish him all my best and hope he does have a stellar career but don't t see that we can have many regrets, its just one of those things, it just wasn't going to happen here. Hopefully another player give the opportunity AD was will take it and give his absolute everything.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So Dozzell has gone then on 16:30 - Jun 15 with 788 viewsRadioOrwell

So Dozzell has gone then on 10:37 - Jun 15 by reusersfreekicks

He did much better in a disfunctional team and club than he is given credit for

Is he therefore not part of the dysfunction ?

Or was it everyone else's fault ?
So Dozzell has gone then on 16:31 - Jun 15 with 779 viewsEly_Blue

“ . It’s always nice to feel wanted, so it was easy for me”

Ouch………..

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So Dozzell has gone then on 16:36 - Jun 15 with 771 viewsRadioOrwell

So Dozzell has gone then on 11:58 - Jun 15 by Ryorry

I feel a *big* pang of loss

I don't in the slightest.
Bowditch mk II
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024