Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Political Discussion TWTD Rules 12:52 - Jun 21 with 8657 viewswaveneyblue

Post a question with a dig embedded (Gammons) and then announce that anybody who disagrees with the OP is an idiot (further on in the thread)

That sets the tone for some serious debate perfectly.

I usually stay out of this stuff, but recently its got really tedious

Feel free to have a pop, you know who you are.
Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:56 - Jun 21 with 800 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:25 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

Can't say fook or búgger on here but you can rant and rave and troll about uppity Black players taking the knee (for example) - clearly this makes no sense.

Or, if you keep the swear filter, also remove any posts/posters ranting and raving and trolling about uppity Black players taking the knee (for example).

Having a swear filter is pointless if you're not going to tackle actual offensive posts. Especially when it's so easily fööking bypassed anyway.

Anyhow, gammon and woke are two normal words that are being used and abused. Can't ban 'em.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 14:26]

Must say I’m rather enjoying this bold new approach of taking frequent pops at admin

I’m sure it’ll work out brilliantly for you and you’ll get all of the changes you desire

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:57 - Jun 21 with 798 viewsXYZ

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:53 - Jun 21 by GavTWTD

I've already explained. When you ban a word you then have to enter all the acceptable words that encorporate the banned word. In this case words like tycoon, raccoon, cocoon. etc. I suspect there would be too many.

Scunthorpe?
I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 14:59 - Jun 21 with 789 viewsBiGDonnie

I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 14:05 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....getting a bit bored of the LBF now.

Footers has gone all "meh" on it and Herbs has done a runner since Phil told him off.

You've picked up a couple of new "would be" recruits, but their heart doesn't really seem to be in it.

Might be time for a rebrand.

Has Herbie not been around since Phil's comment? Just as i was starting to like him!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:00 - Jun 21 with 773 viewsnoggin

Gammon alert.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:02 - Jun 21 with 765 viewsTieDyedIn95

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 13:52 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

Just wanted to add a little balance.

People are quick to complain about others on here without being willing to modify their own behaviour. Plus there's an awful lot of persistent low level trolling lately.

Also, the only person using 'gammon' right now seems to be Fishers, who clearly isn't in the LBF but does clearly love fishing for bites. Just sayin'.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 13:57]

Maybe a politics tab everyone can hide rather than just a general one?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:03 - Jun 21 with 752 viewsGavTWTD

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:57 - Jun 21 by XYZ

Scunthorpe?

Indeed

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:04 - Jun 21 with 744 viewsSpruceMoose

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:56 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Must say I’m rather enjoying this bold new approach of taking frequent pops at admin

I’m sure it’ll work out brilliantly for you and you’ll get all of the changes you desire

Ooh it's been a while since you've taken a swing at me, I'm getting all nostalgic! How have you been? Keeping well I trust!

Anyway two points. 1) I've not said anything that isn't true and 2) I'm beyond the point of caring anyhow!

Speak to you in a month or two (although, considering my new say what you feel attitude, maybe not!)
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:05]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:10 - Jun 21 with 701 viewsbazza

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 14:41 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....sitting back and watching both sides taunt each other, mouths frothing at strangers on the internet.

All the time knowing that neither side of the fence are clever or coherent enough to actually win the argument that they are so desperate to enter into.

The existence of the LBF and the RR merely ensures that us normal types look even more normal than normal.

To be fair , I just do it for the craic 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:10 - Jun 21 with 687 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:04 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

Ooh it's been a while since you've taken a swing at me, I'm getting all nostalgic! How have you been? Keeping well I trust!

Anyway two points. 1) I've not said anything that isn't true and 2) I'm beyond the point of caring anyhow!

Speak to you in a month or two (although, considering my new say what you feel attitude, maybe not!)
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:05]

Actually I have made the odd comment, but I’ve mainly been either reading of late or just contributing to the football stuff as I don’t really have the time or inclination to spend hours on end arguing with strangers on the internet. That said Dolly did suck me in a treat the other day re Cooks record last season

All of that said, I don’t think long term posters no longer wanting to engage with the forum is quite the string to your bow that you think it is

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:11 - Jun 21 with 676 views26_Paz

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 14:41 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....sitting back and watching both sides taunt each other, mouths frothing at strangers on the internet.

All the time knowing that neither side of the fence are clever or coherent enough to actually win the argument that they are so desperate to enter into.

The existence of the LBF and the RR merely ensures that us normal types look even more normal than normal.

I know what the LBF is but what is the RR?

The Paz Man

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:14 - Jun 21 with 667 viewsEwan_Oozami

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:11 - Jun 21 by 26_Paz

Rampant Rabbit..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 15:14 - Jun 21 with 661 viewsjaykay

I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 14:59 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

Has Herbie not been around since Phil's comment? Just as i was starting to like him!

bloots was wrong look at the dates

Cruncher by PhilTWTD 9 Jun 2021 9:03
Not sure there's the need to be quite so grumpy with people. You can just ignore them!

Looks like it's our new regular home opener/closer by Herbivore 16 Jun 2021 9:51
Doesn't the EFL season start a week earlier and finish a week earlier?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:15 - Jun 21 with 650 viewsbazza

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:14 - Jun 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Rampant Rabbit..

Was he the one with Jessica rabbit?
Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:17 - Jun 21 with 643 viewsnoggin

Racist right?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:20 - Jun 21 with 628 viewsSpruceMoose

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:10 - Jun 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Actually I have made the odd comment, but I’ve mainly been either reading of late or just contributing to the football stuff as I don’t really have the time or inclination to spend hours on end arguing with strangers on the internet. That said Dolly did suck me in a treat the other day re Cooks record last season

All of that said, I don’t think long term posters no longer wanting to engage with the forum is quite the string to your bow that you think it is

Well, I don't really have an opinion on your opinion to be honest. I haven't really noticed you posting.

Still, for every PJH who disappears, you'll be having more one-on one-time (and a constant stream of upvotes) from Paz and the gang! So you have that to look forward to at least!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:21 - Jun 21 with 614 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:17 - Jun 21 by noggin

Racist right?

Rabid Righties?
Racist [REDACTED]?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:22]

I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 15:23 - Jun 21 with 601 viewsBiGDonnie

I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 15:14 - Jun 21 by jaykay

bloots was wrong look at the dates

Cruncher by PhilTWTD 9 Jun 2021 9:03
Not sure there's the need to be quite so grumpy with people. You can just ignore them!

Looks like it's our new regular home opener/closer by Herbivore 16 Jun 2021 9:51
Doesn't the EFL season start a week earlier and finish a week earlier?

Ah glad to hear it. Not the Bloots being wrong part!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:27]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Poetic licence innit..... on 15:24 - Jun 21 with 593 viewsBloots

I get the impression that even the LBF is..... on 15:23 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

Ah glad to hear it. Not the Bloots being wrong part!
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:27]

.....plus I'm quite often wrong mate.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I was going for "Rabid Right"..... on 15:25 - Jun 21 with 584 viewsBloots

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:21 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

Rabid Righties?
Racist [REDACTED]?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 15:22]

....to be honest.

Oh I agree, I quite enjoy..... on 15:26 - Jun 21 with 569 viewsnoggin

It's like the SS but a little backwards.

I was going for "Rabid Right"..... on 15:26 - Jun 21 with 567 viewsEwan_Oozami

I was going for "Rabid Right"..... on 15:25 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....to be honest.

Disappointing...with BoJo in charge, "Rampant Rabbit" is far more apposite I feel...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I was going for "Rabid Right"..... on 15:27 - Jun 21 with 561 viewsSpruceMoose

I was going for "Rabid Right"..... on 15:25 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....to be honest.

Ooh I was so close. Do I get a point anyway?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:28 - Jun 21 with 546 viewsSwansea_Blue

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 14:21 - Jun 21 by footers

Yeah but what about actual, tasty gammon? I bloody love the stuff and don't want it ruined by a load of red-faced bigots.

Bigots probably get upset by the word bigot too, so we'd need a PC alternative? 'Pro-anti-woke' maybe? Or 'Twit' (or variations on that theme)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You never get the point Mooseface. (n/t) on 15:30 - Jun 21 with 524 viewsBloots

I was going for "Rabid Right"..... on 15:27 - Jun 21 by SpruceMoose

Ooh I was so close. Do I get a point anyway?

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:31 - Jun 21 with 521 viewsbazza

Political Discussion TWTD Rules on 15:28 - Jun 21 by Swansea_Blue

Bigots probably get upset by the word bigot too, so we'd need a PC alternative? 'Pro-anti-woke' maybe? Or 'Twit' (or variations on that theme)?

I’m not Antipasti
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024