Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITK's 10:55 - Jun 28 with 2655 viewshype313

Forgive my ignorance, but what actual benefit is there for someone to post absolute nonsense, bar an ego massage when they see retweets?

Is there any financial gain to be had? (not that I'd even bother btw) if so, then you could kinda understand, but I can't see how they would, which makes me think the whole thing is a complete futile exercise and a complete waste of everyone's time, including theirs.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

ITK's on 11:51 - Jun 28 with 601 viewsjayessess

ITK's on 10:58 - Jun 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

Hit something right and your follower count sky rockets, get it to a nice figure and sell on the account.

Seriously doubt there's much money in amateur ITKer for a League One club selling their social media accounts. You need 10,000s of followers to make £50 even.

Attention and interaction will be the main reason, same as most social media activity.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

ITK's on 11:54 - Jun 28 with 582 viewshype313

ITK's on 11:51 - Jun 28 by jayessess

Seriously doubt there's much money in amateur ITKer for a League One club selling their social media accounts. You need 10,000s of followers to make £50 even.

Attention and interaction will be the main reason, same as most social media activity.

Indeed, Stuart Watson and Phil could easily set up an anonymous account and given their inside info could quite quickly become credible ITK's and then sell if that's the case.

Maybe that's what they are doing, or I've given Phil an idea for his next fleet of Audi's...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

ITK's on 11:58 - Jun 28 with 568 viewsnoggin

ITK's on 10:58 - Jun 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

Hit something right and your follower count sky rockets, get it to a nice figure and sell on the account.

What are you actually selling/buying?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

ITK's on 12:00 - Jun 28 with 566 viewsfooters

ITK's on 11:58 - Jun 28 by noggin

What are you actually selling/buying?

Reach and an engaged audience in a particular area. It's done quite a lot but not sure on how valuable those accounts would be.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

ITK's on 12:00 - Jun 28 with 560 viewsGuthrum

ITK's on 11:14 - Jun 28 by Oldsmoker

Only accept Bitcoin or better still, a significant portion of the shares of the buying company. You should only consider serious offers from companies like Amazon.

The problem with bitcoin is getting the hacksaw through without cutting your fingers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ITK's on 12:26 - Jun 28 with 521 viewshoppy

ITK's on 11:43 - Jun 28 by Dyland

That would be 25p

9p more than I was expecting, to be honest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

ITK's on 12:53 - Jun 28 with 490 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

ITK's on 11:51 - Jun 28 by jayessess

Trust me, there is money to be made and its a whole lot more than £50.
ITK's on 12:55 - Jun 28 with 482 viewsDarth_Koont

I ignore all of it. Life’s too short.

I’ll just wait and see who actually signs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

ITK's on 16:18 - Jun 28 with 421 viewsBryanPlug

ITK's on 11:39 - Jun 28 by Keno

but is it small or just a long way away?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

ITK's on 16:26 - Jun 28 with 406 viewsjayessess

ITK's on 12:53 - Jun 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

Trust me, there is money to be made and its a whole lot more than £50.

What makes you say that?
Both these articles have account sellers estimating you'd need 100,000s of followers to make more than double figures:
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/2/1/18204370/instagram-accounts-black-market-
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-23-year-old-has-made-120000-buying-and-se

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

ITK's on 16:39 - Jun 28 with 386 viewsmonty_radio

As someone who doesn't always know when a new next-door neighbour has moved in or out, my claim to being I.T.K. is not overly strong.

However, one gets used to following the trail when it follows the well-traversed route:

"Ear To the Ground" posts that we're winning the race with Wigan/Portsmouth for a 23 year-old used-to-be-speedy winger before injuring all cruciate ligaments in 2019 and scoring a worldy off-the-bench in a protracted comeback. Cue a visit to an over-loud video compilation in which I wonder which colour shirt he's playing in now.

TWTD worthy posts to tell me that it's a fake Twitter Account and/or one that predicted that Alan Pardew was set for a return to management with Everton.

Watson/ Andy/Phil confirm the worst.

We sign a player that we have been "pursuing for weeks" although, as no-one had reported it, who knew?

Or, an occasional Greyhound leaps to the fore and the I.T.K. deniers club together to tell me "no" and "no again" until they tell me "yes" and, in at least one memorable case, apologise.

All the above contribute to a consuming illness known as window-blindness for which the only cure is 300 visits a day to the T.W.T.D. homepage

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

ITK's on 18:12 - Jun 28 with 347 viewsGeoffSentence

ITK's on 11:07 - Jun 28 by Keno

so basically I could post virtually complete bollox and made loads of money??

Right - who wants too buy the 'Keno' TWTD account?

Does it include the dungeon and its contents?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024