Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masks post July 19 08:05 - Jul 5 with 9508 viewsbluelagos

Appears that the mandatory wearing of masks will be replaced by personal choice with govt guidance to wear them in enclosed busy places.

One obviously enclosed busy place is public transport, tubes, trains etc.

Playbook reported that TFL could retain masks as a condition of entry but it seems unlikely and would be unforecable imho.

So, is there a case for mask carriages, say 2 per tube, where you are expected to wear one. Would give those anxious or vulnerable the ability to travel as they choose and those who wish not to wear a mask the opportunity to do so without impacting on others by choosing a different carriage.

Good idea or as crp as my alternative days idea for pubs ? (Cv passport)
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 8:12]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Masks post July 19 on 13:01 - Jul 5 with 941 viewsWeWereZombies

Masks post July 19 on 12:58 - Jul 5 by footers

From what little I know, those lucha libre guys take the whole mask thing very seriously indeed, even wearing them while showering or being on the job.

Just thought I should give you fair warning of what you're committing to here.

Doesn't everyone wear a mask when they're on the job? Think the Government should launch a 'creep out to help out' scheme for the benefit of Anne Summers sales.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Masks post July 19 on 13:03 - Jul 5 with 939 viewswkj

Masks post July 19 on 12:48 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

By which time it will probably be too late for anyone around you in the previous ten days who has caught Covid-19 from you...

You're not exactly wrong, but really there isn't a lot that can be done at that point. I really don't expect I shall be in very many enclosed areas on social calls for quite some time anyway.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Masks post July 19 on 13:06 - Jul 5 with 933 viewsfooters

Masks post July 19 on 13:01 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

Doesn't everyone wear a mask when they're on the job? Think the Government should launch a 'creep out to help out' scheme for the benefit of Anne Summers sales.

Ah, so this is where that whole Craig David thing fits in, presumably with trademark beanie hat too.

Must mean you have an awfully busy schedule though...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Masks post July 19 on 13:10 - Jul 5 with 926 viewsCotty

Masks post July 19 on 12:25 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Is there any proof masks work as you describe?

Yes. Hope that helps.
Masks post July 19 on 13:16 - Jul 5 with 908 viewsWeWereZombies

Masks post July 19 on 13:06 - Jul 5 by footers

Ah, so this is where that whole Craig David thing fits in, presumably with trademark beanie hat too.

Must mean you have an awfully busy schedule though...

Let's see now...

Monday - just a passing remark or two
Tuesday - going for a drink
Wednesday - the mask is well and truly strapped on.

But, as it happens, I am chillin' on Thursday, Friday and Saturday...

Masks post July 19 on 13:32 - Jul 5 with 890 viewsHighgateBlue

If you think that it's unenforceable as a condition of entry to the train or station, then surely it's at least as unenforceable as a condition of entry to a particular carriage?
Masks post July 19 on 13:40 - Jul 5 with 873 viewsfooters

Masks post July 19 on 13:32 - Jul 5 by HighgateBlue

If you think that it's unenforceable as a condition of entry to the train or station, then surely it's at least as unenforceable as a condition of entry to a particular carriage?

There is absolutely zero way that would happen on the Tube, none.

Either way I'll continue to wear my mask until further notice, especially on public transport.

Masks post July 19 on 13:51 - Jul 5 with 849 viewsStokieBlue

Masks post July 19 on 08:20 - Jul 5 by blueblueburleymcgrew

I think your final paragraph is key. It should be entirely up to the individual, mask wearers and non mask wearers should be respected and not challenged.

It must be about unhindered personal choice.

Ryanair have said that masks will remain compulsory on all their flights regardless of the rules at the departure or arrival destinations to protect the passengers and staff.

UNITE have made a statement saying it would be "negligent" to remove the requirement for masks on public transport and that their staff are worried about losing the protection they get from people wearing masks. I wouldn't be surprised to see some industrial action around this point if masks usage is not compulsory on poorly ventilated public transport.

It's all very well citing personal freedoms but what about the people who don't have a choice but to be in those conditions?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Masks post July 19 on 13:56 - Jul 5 with 814 views26_Paz

Masks post July 19 on 08:16 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

Indeed.

So just keep masks full stop in enclosed public transport like the tube. I mean is it really a hardship to wear one for 20 minutes whilst travelling in order to protect yourself and others? You don't see all these complaints in Asia from people wearing them.

Overground trains might be OK as all the windows can be opened to provide at least some ventilation.

I'm still planning on wearing my mask for the foreseeable on things like public transport. Lets hope people aren't abused for taking this decision if they so choose.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 8:17]

Personally, I probably won’t wear a mask once it’s no longer mandatory. I can’t imagine a situation where people will get abused for choosing to continue wearing them though.

The Paz Man

Masks post July 19 on 13:57 - Jul 5 with 830 viewsDanTheMan

Masks post July 19 on 13:56 - Jul 5 by 26_Paz

Personally, I probably won’t wear a mask once it’s no longer mandatory. I can’t imagine a situation where people will get abused for choosing to continue wearing them though.

Why? It's simple, it's effective and it's little to no bother wearing one.

I struggle to understand the objection to wearing one when it benefits us all.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Masks post July 19 on 13:58 - Jul 5 with 827 viewsWeWereZombies

Presumably we can conclude that it would also be pointless to challenge anyone who no longer wears a mask in an enclosed space because we can assume that such a person does not have a conscience...

Masks post July 19 on 13:59 - Jul 5 with 825 viewsStokieBlue

I'd wager that someone is abused on the 19th July for wearing a mask. I hope not but I think it's almost a certainty.

Why wouldn't you wear a mask in certain situations to protect others? Is their health not important? Do you only ever do things that are mandatory to help others?

I honestly don't understand the mindset of a good proportion of people in this country. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Perhaps it's me.

SB

Masks post July 19 on 14:07 - Jul 5 with 808 viewsfooters

Masks post July 19 on 13:59 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

I'd wager that someone is abused on the 19th July for wearing a mask. I hope not but I think it's almost a certainty.

Why wouldn't you wear a mask in certain situations to protect others? Is their health not important? Do you only ever do things that are mandatory to help others?

I honestly don't understand the mindset of a good proportion of people in this country. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Perhaps it's me.

SB

For certain culture warriors, not wearing a mask is some sort of status symbol that they have to flaunt - don't tread on me etc. Some people have been looking for any excuse not to wear it so can certainly see many not doing the decent thing by their fellow Brit, even after all we've been through and learnt over the last 18 months. Sad, really - but there ya go.

Masks post July 19 on 14:08 - Jul 5 with 784 views26_Paz

Masks post July 19 on 13:59 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

SB

I really don’t like wearing them and if it’s assessed by the government and their scientific advisors as safe enough to make optional then that’s good enough for me

The Paz Man

Masks post July 19 on 14:09 - Jul 5 with 795 viewsStokieBlue

Masks post July 19 on 14:08 - Jul 5 by 26_Paz

I really don’t like wearing them and if it’s assessed by the government and their scientific advisors as safe enough to make optional then that’s good enough for me

Interesting.

So what if the scientific advisors disagree with the government but the government ignore them and press ahead with no masks anyway?

Because that's the exact position we are in at the moment, the scientists don't think mask wearing should be removed as a rule.

So what is your position now?

SB

Masks post July 19 on 14:16 - Jul 5 with 760 views26_Paz

Masks post July 19 on 14:09 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

Interesting.

So what if the scientific advisors disagree with the government but the government ignore them and press ahead with no masks anyway?

Because that's the exact position we are in at the moment, the scientists don't think mask wearing should be removed as a rule.

SB

I’d have to think about it if and when that happens. I might just carry one and wear it if somewhere is particularly crowded

The Paz Man

Masks post July 19 on 14:41 - Jul 5 with 729 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Masks post July 19 on 14:09 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

Interesting.

SB

Trust the government's decision.

I'll be absolutely shocked if we are put back into full lockdown in three or four months. I fully expect this to be the end now of masks/social distancing/lockdowns once and for all.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Masks post July 19 on 14:43 - Jul 5 with 724 viewsDanTheMan

Masks post July 19 on 14:41 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

I'll be absolutely shocked if we are put back into full lockdown in three or four months. I fully expect this to be the end now of masks/social distancing/lockdowns once and for all.

"Trust the government"

LOL

Masks post July 19 on 14:48 - Jul 5 with 712 viewsblueconscience

Masks post July 19 on 08:27 - Jul 5 by bluelagos

Anyone abusing a mask wearer, would be a proper scumbag.

As would anyone abusing a non mask wearer

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Masks post July 19 on 14:50 - Jul 5 with 703 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Masks post July 19 on 14:43 - Jul 5 by DanTheMan

"Trust the government"

LOL

There was going to be one. I'll add a massive sarcasm disclaimer next time.

Masks post July 19 on 14:54 - Jul 5 with 691 viewsStokieBlue

Masks post July 19 on 14:41 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

The government are elected officials who in the majority know very little about epidemiology whilst the scientists have studied all their lives and are expects on the subject yet you say you'd trust the government over them?

It's a ridiculous position and I think deep down you know it's a ridiculous position.

Who mentioned lockdowns? People are discussing wearing masks in some specific situations.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 14:57]

Masks post July 19 on 14:57 - Jul 5 with 685 viewsStokieBlue

Masks post July 19 on 14:48 - Jul 5 by blueconscience

As would anyone abusing a non mask wearer

Abuse is always wrong, no arguments there.

However there isn't much equivalence between someone breaking the rules by not wearing a mask and someone wearing a mask when it's not compulsory for the protection of others.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 15:00]

Masks post July 19 on 15:07 - Jul 5 with 660 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Masks post July 19 on 14:54 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

The government are elected officials who in the majority know very little about epidemiology whilst the scientists have studied all their lives and are expects on the subject yet you say you'd trust the government over them?

It's a ridiculous position and I think deep down you know it's a ridiculous position.

Who mentioned lockdowns? People are discussing wearing masks in some specific situations.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 14:57]

SB, see my above post.

If the scientists are against the decision(s) at the moment then I am very sceptical/concerned about it (despite how much I want to do away with it all).

Masks post July 19 on 15:08 - Jul 5 with 653 viewsStokieBlue

Masks post July 19 on 15:07 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

SB, see my above post.

If the scientists are against the decision(s) at the moment then I am very sceptical/concerned about it (despite how much I want to do away with it all).

Fair enough.

Given the responses you might want to work on your sarcastic posts :).

SB

Masks post July 19 on 15:09 - Jul 5 with 648 viewsDanTheMan

Masks post July 19 on 14:50 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

There was going to be one. I'll add a massive sarcasm disclaimer next time.

It's very hard to tell these days!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024