Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another reason the penalty should not have been given 23:43 - Jul 7 with 1616 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/07/07/two-balls-on-pitch-when-sterling-won-pe
Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 23:55 - Jul 7 with 1538 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oh well!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 23:58 - Jul 7 with 1518 viewsGeoffSentence

It's nice to be on the right end of the whining for a change, normally there's an inquest into why england shouldn't have lost.

By the way, do you wish England had lost?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 23:59 - Jul 7 with 1512 viewsclive_baker

Now say it without crying

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:00 - Jul 8 with 1507 viewspointofblue

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 23:58 - Jul 7 by GeoffSentence

It's nice to be on the right end of the whining for a change, normally there's an inquest into why england shouldn't have lost.

By the way, do you wish England had lost?

If we’d lost a lot more would have been made of Kane’s non-penalty. If that decision went for us, as arguably it should have done, then the match might not have gone into extra time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:01 - Jul 8 with 1501 viewsN2_Blue

Well their goal shouldn’t have stood either.
The danish wall moved within 1 metre of English wall as player took free kick which is illegal
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 0:04]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:01 - Jul 8 with 1496 viewschrismakin

2nd ball was deemed not to have interfered with play. Therefore no problem.

The focus of the defenders was on the ball at sterling's feet and that never changed.

Correct decision on the rules of the game.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:02 - Jul 8 with 1494 viewsGeoffSentence

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:00 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

If we’d lost a lot more would have been made of Kane’s non-penalty. If that decision went for us, as arguably it should have done, then the match might not have gone into extra time.

Yep. If we had lost I would have been blubbing about that decision. But we did win and can enjoy the blubbing of others instead.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:02 - Jul 8 with 1489 viewschrismakin

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:01 - Jul 8 by N2_Blue

The danish wall moved within 1 metre of English wall as player took free kick which is illegal

Also wasnt a free kick if you go by Kanes pen being ignored.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:02 - Jul 8 with 1486 viewsGeoffSentence

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:01 - Jul 8 by N2_Blue

Soft free kick too.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:13 - Jul 8 with 1413 viewsEireannach_gorm

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:01 - Jul 8 by chrismakin

2nd ball was deemed not to have interfered with play. Therefore no problem.

The focus of the defenders was on the ball at sterling's feet and that never changed.

Correct decision on the rules of the game.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:13 - Jul 8 with 1412 viewsWeWereZombies

Two balls on our pitch
Never stopped us dreaming...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:18 - Jul 8 with 1372 viewschrismakin

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:13 - Jul 8 by Eireannach_gorm

Yes I can see the 2nd ball same as the ref did and VAR officials.

At no point do any Denmark players go towards to 2nd ball. In fact they are concentrating so hard on the main ball no one even contested the 2nd ball being there.

Also that's a funny shaped 2nd ball.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 0:19]

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:19 - Jul 8 with 1370 viewspointofblue

The rules of the game state the second ball must interfere with play for the match to be halted. None of the defenders went for the second ball, none of the attackers went for the second ball, the ‘in play’ ball never made contact with the second ball, ergo it was not interfering with play.

As said before, if England had lost fingers would have been pointing at the soft free kick for the Danish goal, that the Danish wall moved within one metre of the English wall before the ball was in play and Kane’s non-penalty. Almost as if more things went for Denmark than England tonight.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:24 - Jul 8 with 1337 viewsreusersfreekicks

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:19 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

The rules of the game state the second ball must interfere with play for the match to be halted. None of the defenders went for the second ball, none of the attackers went for the second ball, the ‘in play’ ball never made contact with the second ball, ergo it was not interfering with play.

As said before, if England had lost fingers would have been pointing at the soft free kick for the Danish goal, that the Danish wall moved within one metre of the English wall before the ball was in play and Kane’s non-penalty. Almost as if more things went for Denmark than England tonight.

Not a soft free kick for Danish goal. Shaw was all over the bloke
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 0:26]
Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:25 - Jul 8 with 1334 viewsN2_Blue

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:19 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

Indeed.

The Eire man seems to have gone quiet.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:25 - Jul 8 with 1331 viewschrismakin

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:24 - Jul 8 by reusersfreekicks

No different to Kanes pen not given.

It equalled itself out over the game.

Awful ref tho.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:28 - Jul 8 with 1313 viewspointofblue

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:24 - Jul 8 by reusersfreekicks

Yet it’s happened before (and since during) tonight’s game with nothing given. Think it was one of those where as an attacking team you want it but as a defensive team you think it’s harsh.

Of course it doesn’t take away from the Danish wall moving illegally and not being picked up upon by either the ref or VAR.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 1:03]

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:40 - Jul 8 with 1268 viewsChurchman

Couldn’t care a less. Germany and Argentina played one of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen in the 1990 World Cup final. Germany won and didn’t care a jot.

So we got lucky with the penalty. So what. We were dead unlucky in 1970, 1996, 1990, the Argentina Beckham sending off and nobody cared. It was our turn tonight and I don’t care. In any case for the last 45 mins of the 120 we dominated and deserved it for that.

Bring on the final! I’ve got a feeling we are going to do it.
Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:44 - Jul 8 with 1251 viewspointofblue

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:40 - Jul 8 by Churchman

Couldn’t care a less. Germany and Argentina played one of the worst games of football I’ve ever seen in the 1990 World Cup final. Germany won and didn’t care a jot.

So we got lucky with the penalty. So what. We were dead unlucky in 1970, 1996, 1990, the Argentina Beckham sending off and nobody cared. It was our turn tonight and I don’t care. In any case for the last 45 mins of the 120 we dominated and deserved it for that.

The Hand of God, Beckham’s red card, Rooney’s red card, Lampard’s “goal”... when Kane’s penalty appeal was rejected I thought ‘here we go again’.

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:47 - Jul 8 with 1244 viewsChurchman

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:44 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

The Hand of God, Beckham’s red card, Rooney’s red card, Lampard’s “goal”... when Kane’s penalty appeal was rejected I thought ‘here we go again’.

I thought the challenge on Kane was a definite penalty. I thought here we go again too, not helped by Maguire’s booking for doing nothing.
Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:47 - Jul 8 with 1241 viewsXYZ

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:40 - Jul 8 by Churchman

This is the view I respect.

Swings and roundabouts; rough with the smooth. England got the smooth tonight and good luck to them; it's a fair result on the balance of the game.

It does enable us to see who the self-confessed one-eyed observers of the game on here are though.
Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:51 - Jul 8 with 1230 viewsKropotkin123

Nights like this are tough when you lose. Best to focus on the positives. Schmeichel was awesome and the Danes scored two great goals.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 07:47 - Jul 8 with 939 viewssolemio

Why was there a rugby ball on the pitch?
Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 07:58 - Jul 8 with 883 viewsandytown

Another reason the penalty should not have been given on 00:44 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

And Sol Campbell’s disallowed header in extra time v Argentina in 98; Arsenal Wenger said that it would have been given in England.

Saying that, Spain had a goal chalked off for offside in 96 & Belgium the same in 90. Both were onside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024