Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the money in the world 14:25 - Jul 23 with 4214 viewscressi

Growing up as a Ipswich fan I would never ever play for that lot down the road if I had being good enough
Whatever offer anywhere But them my heart and head just couldn't get around it
To be a judas to all I know and have a pint with.
All the money in the world on 14:34 - Jul 23 with 2779 viewsGuthrum

Because you're not a professional football player for whom, as Gibbs said, joining a Prem team (whoever they may be) is the next step in advancing your career. A chance which might not come again and therefore has to be seized.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All the money in the world on 14:35 - Jul 23 with 2776 viewsitfcjoe

It's easy to say if you hadn't been in the system forever

Look at people liek Jamie Carragher, his Dad traipsed round the country and Europe following Everton as an absolute superfan, Carra did the same as a teenager, and now he's synonomous with Liverpool

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

All the money in the world on 14:37 - Jul 23 with 2749 viewshype313

Easy to say when you haven't got a contract offer in front of you.

I'd bet if every single Town fan was playing for the club on £2k a week and got offered £20k a week up the road, every single one would take it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

All the money in the world on 14:38 - Jul 23 with 2738 viewsTractorCam

How do you know he's an Ipswich fan?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

All the money in the world on 14:38 - Jul 23 with 2714 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt that's true. Who you supported as a kid seems irrelevant to 99% of players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All the money in the world on 14:39 - Jul 23 with 2721 viewsclive_baker

A little harsh I would say. As a young lad wanting to break into a notoriously difficult industry, you have to do what's right for yourself and your future. He's been offered a 4 year deal at a local Premier League club that has a recent demonstrable history of developing, improving and integrating young players into the 1st team. I don't begrudge him the move at all, and would look a little harder at how it's been allowed to happen by our club tbh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

All the money in the world on 14:54 - Jul 23 with 2614 viewsDinnernotTea

All the money in the world on 14:39 - Jul 23 by clive_baker

A little harsh I would say. As a young lad wanting to break into a notoriously difficult industry, you have to do what's right for yourself and your future. He's been offered a 4 year deal at a local Premier League club that has a recent demonstrable history of developing, improving and integrating young players into the 1st team. I don't begrudge him the move at all, and would look a little harder at how it's been allowed to happen by our club tbh.

On the other hand you're going to a club that has a huge scouting network in Europe who now play in the top flight. There's a huge chance he won't play a single minute of first team football for them in 2 years.

At 18 back yourself here and there's every chance you would get plenty of minutes this season if you're good enough. Third tier, top of the league playing well in front of 20,000, not a bad set up to learn your trade in?

Screams of money money money to me.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

All the money in the world on 15:00 - Jul 23 with 2582 viewshype313

All the money in the world on 14:54 - Jul 23 by DinnernotTea

On the other hand you're going to a club that has a huge scouting network in Europe who now play in the top flight. There's a huge chance he won't play a single minute of first team football for them in 2 years.

At 18 back yourself here and there's every chance you would get plenty of minutes this season if you're good enough. Third tier, top of the league playing well in front of 20,000, not a bad set up to learn your trade in?

Easy to sit behind a keyboard and say he should stay for the love of the club etc, but a footballers career is short and they need to maximise on thier earnings/potential.

As much as I love all things ITFC, if Norwich were to offer me 3/4/5/10 times the money I could get here then it would be a no brainer.

I appreciate others might think that's a non starter, but if it gave me the opportunity to secure my and my family's future then I wouldn't think twice.

Charity begins at home.

Login to get fewer ads

All the money in the world on 15:06 - Jul 23 with 2551 viewsallezlesbleus

All the money in the world on 15:00 - Jul 23 by hype313

Easy to sit behind a keyboard and say he should stay for the love of the club etc, but a footballers career is short and they need to maximise on thier earnings/potential.

As much as I love all things ITFC, if Norwich were to offer me 3/4/5/10 times the money I could get here then it would be a no brainer.

I appreciate others might think that's a non starter, but if it gave me the opportunity to secure my and my family's future then I wouldn't think twice.

Charity begins at home.

I could never ever put on that disgusting yellow jersey and fortunately for me, my son thinks exactly the same.
All the money in the world on 15:06 - Jul 23 with 2547 viewsDinnernotTea

All the money in the world on 15:00 - Jul 23 by hype313

Charity begins at home.

Nothing to do with the love of the club. I'm talking mens football getting minutes into him. There's every chance if he sees himself good enough for a Prem club that he would getting minutes in a (hopefully) top 2 side in front of 20,000. Not entirely sure football wise why sitting in their 23s then going on loan to a Burton in 2 years time makes him reach the top quicker than here?

All the money in the world on 15:08 - Jul 23 with 2527 viewsTractorCam

All the money in the world on 14:54 - Jul 23 by DinnernotTea

He only made one appearance in our disaster season last year and that was when we had an injury crisis. He'd basically be relying on another situation like that to get in the team again, the move makes perfect sense.

All the money in the world on 15:11 - Jul 23 with 2512 viewsSE1blue

All the money in the world on 14:34 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

Because you're not a professional football player for whom, as Gibbs said, joining a Prem team (whoever they may be) is the next step in advancing your career. A chance which might not come again and therefore has to be seized.

Ahem. I think you meant ‘joining a temporarily Prem team’

More participant than resident.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

All the money in the world on 15:11 - Jul 23 with 2509 viewshype313

All the money in the world on 15:06 - Jul 23 by DinnernotTea

Nothing to do with the love of the club. I'm talking mens football getting minutes into him. There's every chance if he sees himself good enough for a Prem club that he would getting minutes in a (hopefully) top 2 side in front of 20,000. Not entirely sure football wise why sitting in their 23s then going on loan to a Burton in 2 years time makes him reach the top quicker than here?

How do you know he's going to be sitting in their 23's? It's Norwich not Man City.

Also, given where we are and what Cook has said, it's quite clear the immediate plan for us is to have battle hardened experienced players to get us out of this division, so actually his path here is pretty much a closed shop for the foreseeable.

All the money in the world on 15:12 - Jul 23 with 2501 viewsDinnernotTea

All the money in the world on 15:08 - Jul 23 by TractorCam

He only made one appearance in our disaster season last year and that was when we had an injury crisis. He'd basically be relying on another situation like that to get in the team again, the move makes perfect sense.

Surely makes less sense no? If he isn't part of Cook's squad alongside Dobra right now how does he expect to get any minutes in adult football up there?

Time will tell I guess.

All the money in the world on 15:15 - Jul 23 with 2495 viewsTractorCam

All the money in the world on 15:12 - Jul 23 by DinnernotTea

Surely makes less sense no? If he isn't part of Cook's squad alongside Dobra right now how does he expect to get any minutes in adult football up there?

Time will tell I guess.

Look at some of the players coming through their ranks over the last 5/10 years then look at ours, it's a more long term plan but he has better chances there.

All the money in the world on 15:20 - Jul 23 with 2462 viewsabracaDOBRA_

All the money in the world on 14:38 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

Doubt that's true. Who you supported as a kid seems irrelevant to 99% of players.

Bonne is in that 1%
All the money in the world on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 2461 viewsFunge

Loads of people commenting with their heads here, so allow me to comment with my heart.

Fck those budgie pricks.
All the money in the world on 15:24 - Jul 23 with 2442 viewsDinnernotTea

All the money in the world on 15:11 - Jul 23 by hype313

How do you know he's going to be sitting in their 23's? It's Norwich not Man City.

Also, given where we are and what Cook has said, it's quite clear the immediate plan for us is to have battle hardened experienced players to get us out of this division, so actually his path here is pretty much a closed shop for the foreseeable.

Cantwell, Aarons, Idah.

3. Three players from their youth side that played last season. He will be absolutely nowhere near a Premier League squad for a long time.

All the money in the world on 15:26 - Jul 23 with 2425 viewsstrikalite

All the money in the world on 15:06 - Jul 23 by allezlesbleus

I could never ever put on that disgusting yellow jersey and fortunately for me, my son thinks exactly the same.

I do feel the same. he doesn't love the Club enough obviously, as said though he's a young Pro wanting to do the absolute best for himself and with them being 40 miles up the road it's a good move for him...

But boy it does get under my skin too..
All the money in the world on 15:27 - Jul 23 with 2418 viewshype313

All the money in the world on 15:24 - Jul 23 by DinnernotTea

Cantwell, Aarons, Idah.

3. Three players from their youth side that played last season. He will be absolutely nowhere near a Premier League squad for a long time.

Yep, but he won't be anywhere near our first team in League one for a long time either.

So of course he's going to go to a club that offer him an improved salary, and can play with a higher calibre of player, as much as it pains me to say.

All the money in the world on 15:28 - Jul 23 with 2418 viewsMerseyBlue

I honestly hope he flops big time for them, hopefully scores an important own goal, and then goes off somewhere else and flourishes. There are lots of logical reasons why you would go there at the moment, but there are some things you don't do and that's one of them. Club shoulders some responsibility for allowing the situation to unfold the way it did, but he's a traitor now.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

All the money in the world on 15:37 - Jul 23 with 2370 viewsMattinLondon

On a plus side, if we get promoted and that mob are relegated, at least we will have a ready made pantomime villain to boo and abuse.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 15:48]
All the money in the world on 15:43 - Jul 23 with 2340 viewsChurchman

I understand how you feel, but I understand why he’s gone and I’d have done the same. If somebody else had offered similar terms at an equally good club, I’d have gone there, but my guess that’s not the case.

I’ve read the points about what Gibbs was offered etc. If it’s as has been presented on here (negligence on the club’s part), we could do with an explanation from Ashton, not least on what they’re doing to prevent it happening in the future. I don’t care if he’s been here only a month, the player left on his watch.

As for Gibbs the player, I’ve seen him compared to Dyer, Scowcroft and Bramble, but at 18 years 7 months Dyer was in the first team in a top half decent Championship side. Gibbs has made one appearance, I believe? It’ll be interesting to see how he does at Norwich.

I suspect he’ll wind up on loan somewhere at some point.
All the money in the world on 15:45 - Jul 23 with 2315 viewsipswichtillidie

All the money in the world on 15:28 - Jul 23 by MerseyBlue

I honestly hope he flops big time for them, hopefully scores an important own goal, and then goes off somewhere else and flourishes. There are lots of logical reasons why you would go there at the moment, but there are some things you don't do and that's one of them. Club shoulders some responsibility for allowing the situation to unfold the way it did, but he's a traitor now.

Agree.. club should have done more reading between the lines but this shows how little loyalty is actually in football when money is involved! As the opening post for no money would I play or represent that football club but I’m a fan so it’s easy to say. You’ll just have to take my word for it that I mean what I say. Hope the lad flops there I really do.
Edit and that’s nothing personal it’s against the club he’s chosen!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 15:46]

Gav

All the money in the world on 15:46 - Jul 23 with 2303 viewsParky

All the money in the world on 15:20 - Jul 23 by abracaDOBRA_

Bonne is in that 1%

He played for Norwich academy as a kid...
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 15:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024