Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien 20:21 - Jul 27 with 5871 viewsSkip_Intro

Love how he went over to Dobra and out his arm round him after we scored and Chambers mouthed off at the youngster...not saying he should be captain or even a first teamer but that was how a proper skipper behaves
Donacien on 08:17 - Jul 28 with 1271 viewsLankHenners

Donacien on 21:36 - Jul 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

Smith is captain

Course he was. Anyway, doesn’t really change the point. Two players square up to one another and a third comes in and shoves the opposition one away. Happens all the time yet some people are crying that Chambers does it? Freaks.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Donacien on 08:18 - Jul 28 with 1258 viewschrismakin

Donacien on 08:17 - Jul 28 by LankHenners

Course he was. Anyway, doesn’t really change the point. Two players square up to one another and a third comes in and shoves the opposition one away. Happens all the time yet some people are crying that Chambers does it? Freaks.

Actually, Chambers was trying to wind Dobra up more rather than get him away from the incident

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Donacien on 09:15 - Jul 28 with 1203 viewsTomTheWriter

Donacien on 01:34 - Jul 28 by Sharkey

It's a pre-season training game, but I think any objective observer would have Judge as man-of-the-match. (Two assists and a goal, and for thirty minutes at the start of the second half he ran the show.)

The tannoy gave Clampin as Colchester's man-of-the-match. I think that was sales pitch, as rumour has it that Darren Ferguson was there with an eye on buying him. By the way, the numberless guy who replaced him as left-back towards the end (and played very well) was Charlie Daniels, he of many many games for Bournemouth. Nobody seems to know who the 2nd half keeper was. He looked good to me, - and Sivell-esque in stature.

Charlie Daniels, really? He was doing well with Portsmouth at the back end of last season. Surprised he’d be looking that far down the pyramid.

Andy said the goalkeeper was Taye Ashby-Hammond. Fulham keeper who was on loan at Maidenhead Town last season.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Donacien on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 1198 viewsPhilTWTD

Donacien on 01:34 - Jul 28 by Sharkey

It's a pre-season training game, but I think any objective observer would have Judge as man-of-the-match. (Two assists and a goal, and for thirty minutes at the start of the second half he ran the show.)

The tannoy gave Clampin as Colchester's man-of-the-match. I think that was sales pitch, as rumour has it that Darren Ferguson was there with an eye on buying him. By the way, the numberless guy who replaced him as left-back towards the end (and played very well) was Charlie Daniels, he of many many games for Bournemouth. Nobody seems to know who the 2nd half keeper was. He looked good to me, - and Sivell-esque in stature.

You'd have read in my report that it was Taye Ashby-Hammond in goal for the U's (as well as Charlie Daniels being the left-back!).
Donacien on 09:22 - Jul 28 with 1182 viewsNazemariner

Also proved once more that he isprovides more than adequate cover at right back.
Donacien on 09:27 - Jul 28 with 1161 viewsMrTown

Beyond that - he was more that comfortable last night - he isn't KVY, but given his versatility, he provides adequate cover.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

[Redacted] on 09:38 - Jul 28 with 1122 viewsvictorywilhappen

Donacien on 09:17 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

You'd have read in my report that it was Taye Ashby-Hammond in goal for the U's (as well as Charlie Daniels being the left-back!).

[Redacted]
Donacien on 09:38 - Jul 28 with 1121 viewsVic

A good manager will usually make an average player better - so it stands to reason that we’ll see an improved version of Donacien if he stays around - as I think he will.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien on 10:15 - Jul 28 with 1068 viewsBondiBlue

Donacien on 23:47 - Jul 27 by PhilTWTD

Agree, think having a manager - and evidently a first-team coach - that shows a bit of belief in him is benefiting him.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Are you talking about donacien or dobra? Nice to hear jeffers talk up dobra but i thought cook told him in no uncertain terms that he didn't want him a month or two ago?!

Edit: just read the dobra thread - gotcha
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:20]

Poll: Which would you accept?

Donacien on 10:27 - Jul 28 with 1035 viewsPilgrimblue

Donacien on 20:35 - Jul 27 by wkj

I wont be at all surprised if Donacien does a job this season. He's never had a prolonged run of games here. He was never Championship quality, but it looks like Cook might have the keys to his success.

I thought he had a decent game and linked up well with Dobra. We need good pairings to back each other up. Not sure about left side or central so still work to do for Cook.
Donacien on 10:33 - Jul 28 with 1003 viewsBiGDonnie

You didn't watch the game, did you?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Donacien on 10:38 - Jul 28 with 996 viewsWickets

Donacien on 08:03 - Jul 28 by SamWhiteUK

Yeah, that's nonsense. Chambers pushed Dobra. He was trying to role him as he knows that Dobra can be hot headed. It was obvious for anyone watching.

Chambers got completely turfed out of the club, and this was likely his one chance to send a message back. Even though it was preseason, you think he was going to play nicely nicely? Of course he wasn't. He wanted to win

For me you have it wrong . Judge had a very good game and its a pity that we did not see much of this Alan Judge while he was at Town . Dobra also played well and had several tussles with Judge quite clear Colchester players saw Dobra as a threat and Judge would have most likely been booked had this not been a pre season game . After one clumsy challenge Dobra , who as you rightly say is young and can be a bit hot headed , reacted verbally and Chambo pointed at him telling him to calm down . That is all it was just a storm in a tea cup nothing more .
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:39]
[Redacted] on 10:47 - Jul 28 with 963 viewsvictorywilhappen

Donacien on 10:38 - Jul 28 by Wickets

For me you have it wrong . Judge had a very good game and its a pity that we did not see much of this Alan Judge while he was at Town . Dobra also played well and had several tussles with Judge quite clear Colchester players saw Dobra as a threat and Judge would have most likely been booked had this not been a pre season game . After one clumsy challenge Dobra , who as you rightly say is young and can be a bit hot headed , reacted verbally and Chambo pointed at him telling him to calm down . That is all it was just a storm in a tea cup nothing more .
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 10:39]

[Redacted]
Donacien on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 939 viewsLankHenners

Donacien on 10:33 - Jul 28 by BiGDonnie

You didn't watch the game, did you?

No and he could have pushed him to the floor for all it matters. It’s just funny that something that happens very regularly and is a complete non-issue is getting people wound up because it involves Luke Chambers.

Donacien on 11:05 - Jul 28 with 920 viewsSkip_Intro

Donacien on 10:58 - Jul 28 by LankHenners

No and he could have pushed him to the floor for all it matters. It’s just funny that something that happens very regularly and is a complete non-issue is getting people wound up because it involves Luke Chambers.

It's even funnier that someone who didn't even see the incident is happy to disagree with those who did so strongly and then call people 'freaks' for disagreeing with you...
Donacien on 11:23 - Jul 28 with 864 viewsLankHenners

Donacien on 11:05 - Jul 28 by Skip_Intro

It's even funnier that someone who didn't even see the incident is happy to disagree with those who did so strongly and then call people 'freaks' for disagreeing with you...

If this is the first time you’ve seen a football player shouting and getting a bit confrontational then you’re in for a truly wild ride when you get to see a few more matches.

[Redacted] on 11:25 - Jul 28 with 857 viewsvictorywilhappen

Donacien on 11:23 - Jul 28 by LankHenners

If this is the first time you’ve seen a football player shouting and getting a bit confrontational then you’re in for a truly wild ride when you get to see a few more matches.

[Redacted]
Donacien on 11:28 - Jul 28 with 848 viewsSkip_Intro

Donacien on 11:23 - Jul 28 by LankHenners

It was fun while it lasted...just a casual fling...it's you not me...I'm bored of you now...welcome to the div list
Donacien on 11:28 - Jul 28 with 846 viewsWickets

[Redacted] on 10:47 - Jul 28 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Sorry Bud but this is a total over reaction !
Donacien on 11:30 - Jul 28 with 842 viewsPassionNotAnger

[Redacted] on 10:47 - Jul 28 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Lol - more than football involved - image to protect?

Doesn't quite fit with Norwood still being at Ipswich though does it?
[Redacted] on 11:33 - Jul 28 with 826 viewsvictorywilhappen

Donacien on 11:28 - Jul 28 by Wickets

Sorry Bud but this is a total over reaction !

[Redacted]
Donacien on 14:01 - Jul 28 with 728 viewsbraveblue

Donacien on 20:35 - Jul 27 by AlexGreen

Did that really happen? Chambers squared up to Dobra? Surely, surely not?

He did. But no surprise.
Donacien on 14:08 - Jul 28 with 711 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Donacien on 16:31 - Jul 28 with 631 viewsBiGDonnie

Donacien on 10:58 - Jul 28 by LankHenners

Haha, quality. Sometimes taking a step back for the day isn't a bad thing mate. Come back refreshed tomorrow!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024