Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre Midfield 22:47 - Jul 27 with 2348 viewsNazemariner

Missing both Evans and Nolan tonight, but we looked particularly weak in that department, against a very average midfield pairing of Wiredu and Chilvers. Feel we might need an experienced campaigner in there.
Centre Midfield on 23:08 - Jul 27 with 2200 viewsPortman_Pie

Nolan is an after thought in this team. Utter garbage - and needs to be ejected to move forward.
Anyone who can’t see this is still following H*rst.
Centre Midfield on 23:16 - Jul 27 with 2142 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Centre Midfield on 23:08 - Jul 27 by Portman_Pie

Nolan is an after thought in this team. Utter garbage - and needs to be ejected to move forward.

I think he will surprise people this season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Centre Midfield on 23:18 - Jul 27 with 2119 viewschrismakin

That's the spirit pick on a kid being given his chance.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Centre Midfield on 23:33 - Jul 27 with 2050 viewsNazemariner

Centre Midfield on 23:18 - Jul 27 by chrismakin

That's the spirit pick on a kid being given his chance.

Not picking on anyone, just pointing out that two unknown midfielders playing in a L2 side bossed the midfield tonight.
It was the glaring problem tonight despite at times Harper going a lot right on 23:34 - Jul 27 with 2038 viewsunstableblue

We need Evans fit and perhaps a back up loanee

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

It was the glaring problem tonight despite at times Harper going a lot right on 23:35 - Jul 27 with 2023 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was the glaring problem tonight despite at times Harper going a lot right on 23:34 - Jul 27 by unstableblue

We need Evans fit and perhaps a back up loanee

The last thing we need is a back up loanee,

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Centre Midfield on 23:36 - Jul 27 with 2024 viewschrismakin

Centre Midfield on 23:33 - Jul 27 by Nazemariner

Not picking on anyone, just pointing out that two unknown midfielders playing in a L2 side bossed the midfield tonight.

Well yes playing against a midfield that consisted of a small kid getting his chance.

Evans is back sat. So dont panic.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It was the glaring problem tonight despite at times Harper going a lot right on 23:46 - Jul 27 with 1949 viewsChurchman

It was the glaring problem tonight despite at times Harper going a lot right on 23:35 - Jul 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

The last thing we need is a back up loanee,

I agree. The fewer loanees the better. If they are on loan with a view to signing them and they’re better than what we have, I can just about live with that. Otherwise we are just doing the big boys work for them developing their players or getting them fit.

It’s bad enough having our best young players stripped away for a packet of Quavers without any say in the matter. We can control the number and quality of loanees and hopefully we will going forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Centre Midfield on 01:51 - Jul 28 with 1776 viewsIllinoisblue

Centre Midfield on 23:08 - Jul 27 by Portman_Pie

He may be a surly scouse ginger but he’s got a goal in him. Could be a decent impact sub

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Centre Midfield on 01:52 - Jul 28 with 1779 viewsSharkey

I think Wiredu is a really interesting player. I don't understand why Charlton did not give him a bit more time.
Centre Midfield on 02:55 - Jul 28 with 1708 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

In an ideal world we keep hold of Downes… but I am aware that is probably wishful thinking

I’m a bit surprised McGavin hasn’t had a look in yet, given when he has played in the 1st team he’s done alright and certainly never let us down (albeit that was pre Cook’s arrival) just wondering whether he’s got a role to play this season, given he’s a bit older and physically developed than the likes of Humphries etc.
Centre Midfield on 06:07 - Jul 28 with 1508 viewsFartman

Centre Midfield on 02:55 - Jul 28 by King_of_Portman_Rd

In an ideal world we keep hold of Downes… but I am aware that is probably wishful thinking

I’m a bit surprised McGavin hasn’t had a look in yet, given when he has played in the 1st team he’s done alright and certainly never let us down (albeit that was pre Cook’s arrival) just wondering whether he’s got a role to play this season, given he’s a bit older and physically developed than the likes of Humphries etc.

Nolan is underrated by the fans, and willfit well into the Cook style of play.
McGiven isn’t rated and Downes isn’t liked by Cook. If he was, he would have been given a new chance. That boy is very talented, just needs help in the temper departement and some polishing of his descionmaking process.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Centre Midfield on 08:32 - Jul 28 with 1102 viewsitfcjoe

I think that is now the top priority signing, more so than CB from what I've heard.

If Evans were to get injured for 3 months, we'd be absolutely screwed in there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Centre Midfield on 08:35 - Jul 28 with 1088 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Centre Midfield on 02:55 - Jul 28 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Agree with your assessment of McGavin, but I don’t think that “doing OK” is going to be enough in our brave new world. I suspect that his future lies elsewhere

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Centre Midfield on 10:48 - Jul 28 with 872 viewsThe_Realist_09

Deffo need cover in there. Humphries was bullied physically last night. Harper has quality but needs someone in there talking to him. It was noticeable how much Cook was doing this from the side-line regarding positioning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024