Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) 17:02 - Aug 6 with 12301 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 1299 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 11:55 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

But sh1t opinions can and should be called out. It’s not like they’re personal property to be respected.

People attaching so much – and so much ego – to their opinions is ridiculous.

If people can’t handle their opinions being challenged maybe they should have kept them to themselves? No-one was stopping them do that.

Have you actually read this thread?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 1292 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:07 - Aug 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Have you actually read this thread?

Yes — I was reacting to the implied “all opinions are valid as they’re lived experiences”.

Most of the time perceived experiences.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 1283 viewsGavTWTD

But sh1t opinions can and should be called out. It’s not like they’re personal property to be respected.

If people can’t handle their opinions being challenged maybe they should have kept them to themselves? No-one was stopping them do that.

Opinions should be respected, especially when you're discussing something that really isn't that controversial. I can totally see both sides of the argument, but having Ed around is an amazing coup for the club and a gift for the marketing department who are doing a pretty good job in capitalising on it.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:17 - Aug 7 with 1248 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:10 - Aug 7 by GavTWTD

Opinions should be respected, especially when you're discussing something that really isn't that controversial. I can totally see both sides of the argument, but having Ed around is an amazing coup for the club and a gift for the marketing department who are doing a pretty good job in capitalising on it.

Nah. Sorry, Gav.

Respecting crap opinions, political ideologies, faiths etc. is why it takes years, decades and centuries to do the things that are objectively the most beneficial thing to do.

Getting sniffy about Sheeran being given a squad number is the thin end of the wedge 😀

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 1216 viewsLord_Lucan

Oh I have only just read the thread properly and notice that some have got quite agitated and personal.

Just a shout to Joe to say that my previous post wasn't a dig at you but a general off the cuff comment.

I can't see why it's turned into an argument to be fair.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 1195 viewslowhouseblue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:17 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

Nah. Sorry, Gav.

Respecting crap opinions, political ideologies, faiths etc. is why it takes years, decades and centuries to do the things that are objectively the most beneficial thing to do.

Getting sniffy about Sheeran being given a squad number is the thin end of the wedge 😀

gav is undoubtedly 100% correct about sheeran.

but beyond that there probably isn't a single interesting or significant question which has a single undisputable answer. there's always a multiplicity of legitimate arguments. not being able to see them must be very limiting.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:34 - Aug 7 with 1194 viewsitfcjoe

About half the people in the thread think it’s a bit tinpot and cringed, whilst also understanding why the club have done it - it’s hardly a particularly outrageous or sh*t opinion to hold

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 1188 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:14 - Aug 6 by DinDjarin

His birthday is the 17th.

He is probably the biggest and most current solo artist on the planet and one of our own.

We could pull fans in from all corners of the globe and if we ever make it to the premiership having him on board would be an even bigger pull than it is now.

One Club, One Love.

Ah right, that explains it cheers. I read that the club had seen him in a number 17 shirt and that's why they made the offer. All makes sense now.

It's an amazing opportunity for the club. A match made in heaven really.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:39 - Aug 7 with 1173 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:33 - Aug 7 by lowhouseblue

gav is undoubtedly 100% correct about sheeran.

but beyond that there probably isn't a single interesting or significant question which has a single undisputable answer. there's always a multiplicity of legitimate arguments. not being able to see them must be very limiting.

There’s a “multiplicity of legitimate arguments”??!

Science and indeed human knowledge would disagree with that. There can often be competing arguments and theories but you don’t hand out legitimacy willy-nilly. And certainly not because of “muh feelings”.

I think people should try limiting their opinions a little more using facts and a more objective view.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:40 - Aug 7 with 1168 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:17 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

Nah. Sorry, Gav.

The thin end of the wedge is people saying stop moaning, we get more money so it is good for the club……because that always ends well!

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 1143 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:34 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

About half the people in the thread think it’s a bit tinpot and cringed, whilst also understanding why the club have done it - it’s hardly a particularly outrageous or sh*t opinion to hold

That’s just your opinion though. 😀

If you did a SWOT analysis about this decision do you think it would turn out to be a good or bad decision? And how much should we care about people who have made the choice to be embarrassed?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:46 - Aug 7 with 1132 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:40 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

The thin end of the wedge is people saying stop moaning, we get more money so it is good for the club……because that always ends well!

You’re just ruining it for yourself.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:48 - Aug 7 with 1117 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:44 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

That’s just your opinion though. 😀

If you did a SWOT analysis about this decision do you think it would turn out to be a good or bad decision? And how much should we care about people who have made the choice to be embarrassed?

Well considering I’ve literally said I can totally understand why the club is doing it surely it’s fairly obvious the side I come down on the overall decision rather than my opinion on whether I like it or not

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:52 - Aug 7 with 1096 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:48 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Well considering I’ve literally said I can totally understand why the club is doing it surely it’s fairly obvious the side I come down on the overall decision rather than my opinion on whether I like it or not

Great! And with your opinion being so disposable and easy to change if you really wanted to then it doesn’t even matter.

COYB!

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:54 - Aug 7 with 1086 viewslowhouseblue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:39 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

There’s a “multiplicity of legitimate arguments”??!

Science and indeed human knowledge would disagree with that. There can often be competing arguments and theories but you don’t hand out legitimacy willy-nilly. And certainly not because of “muh feelings”.

I think people should try limiting their opinions a little more using facts and a more objective view.

"Science and indeed human knowledge would disagree with that."

it's really very sweet that you think your views are uniquely objective and correct. they're not.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:56 - Aug 7 with 1070 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:54 - Aug 7 by lowhouseblue

"Science and indeed human knowledge would disagree with that."

it's really very sweet that you think your views are uniquely objective and correct. they're not.

It’s sweet you think you have a point.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:17 - Aug 7 with 1023 viewsRamRob

Exactly, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they have to deal with the response when they choose to share it, there will always be people who have the opposite opinion, and they have the right to share that in response and so on

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:22 - Aug 7 with 1011 viewsRamRob

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 09:54 - Aug 7 by timothyeo

But its personal opinion. Its weird, as joe has said, for you to tell people how they feel about something is wrong.

I've had some messages from non ITFC fans pointing out how cringe it is, so clearly isn't just a few fans inside the club

Probably more because those fans of other clubs are jealous that a celebrity with that high a profile is actively involved in promoting our club.
Criticising other clubs is what all fans do as "bantz"

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:24 - Aug 7 with 1007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 12:40 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Wonder if people will have the same view if/when we sell naming rights to PR?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:28 - Aug 7 with 987 viewsRamRob

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:24 - Aug 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I wouldn't mind, now they've closed off one end it's more of a close or cul-de-sac now

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:35 - Aug 7 with 957 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:24 - Aug 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

False Equivalence Stadium?

Pompous Plums Arena?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:38 - Aug 7 with 929 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:35 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

Pompous Plums Arena?

But it would be great for the club, think about how it would look on a SWOT analysis…

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:40 - Aug 7 with 915 viewsLord_Lucan

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:35 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

Pompous Plums Arena?

I think TWÄTD Stadium is nailed on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:43 - Aug 7 with 897 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:38 - Aug 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But it would be great for the club, think about how it would look on a SWOT analysis…

The pomposity is in even thinking it’s all about money. That’s Joe and his silly “price of everything, value of nothing” hyperbole.

I think it’s a nice gesture in its own right. Any money, exposure and amusement at seeing people embarrassed by it are pure bonuses.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:44 - Aug 7 with 878 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 13:43 - Aug 7 by Darth_Koont

The pomposity is in even thinking it’s all about money. That’s Joe and his silly “price of everything, value of nothing” hyperbole.

I think it’s a nice gesture in its own right. Any money, exposure and amusement at seeing people embarrassed by it are pure bonuses.

Funny how that nice gesture is for a world famous, multi millionaire supporter rather than say, giving a number to a random season ticket holder isn’t it? Of course it’s all about money

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024