Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) 17:02 - Aug 6 with 12297 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:10 - Aug 7 with 1429 viewsChurchman

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 6 by Funge

I mean, he doesn't, in all honesty - but it doesn't really matter that much.

Compared to having the ME logo adjoining Sir Bobby's face on the North Stand/ Cobbold corner, or having the gambling equivalent of the My Little Pony logo on our shirts - I'm not really bothered.

Yep, this is my view. When I first read it I smiled and thought with his sponsorship he can have a squad number, exec box and his own mascot suit for all I care.

Thinking about it, yes, it’s a little cringeworthy but if it sells a few more shirts, adds a little more publicity where’s the harm.

Embarrassing is an owner who refused to face the media for years, an ME logo plastered about, a rubbish gambling sponsor and a team needing an oxygen tent after 45 minutes football.

Sheehan’s music? Not for me, but he is good for the club.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:34 - Aug 7 with 1399 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:04 - Aug 6 by N2_Blue

Why?

I couldn't care less, but i don't see why it's embarrassing. It's good PR publicity and it's really not anything to be upset or embarrassed about.

This club has done many things in recent times that are embarrassing but this isn't one of them

I just think it’s a bit indulgent, and when he is in team photo, back of programme etc it’s way OTT for a sponsor. It’s not like he has saved the club he’s just chucked a bit of money at it.

I like Ed, have got the home shirt, and the previous Divide shirt, went to the gig and think what he’s done so far has been great - personally find this a bit tinpot and the sort of thing held up as embarrassing in the game.

It’s no big deal though surely that some think this way, it doesn’t mean anything for what they think for the rest of the changes but every thing has to be so polarised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:34 - Aug 7 with 1396 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 00:16 - Aug 7 by timothyeo

You can want change, and even like the change, whilst still being critical of individual decisions.

Yep. And I can be critical of the people who criticise the decisions.

This is such a great PR stunt, which will bring in extra revenue to help the team financially (not just in shirt sales, but exposure). I can't believe anyone's upset by it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:44 - Aug 7 with 1377 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:34 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

I just think it’s a bit indulgent, and when he is in team photo, back of programme etc it’s way OTT for a sponsor. It’s not like he has saved the club he’s just chucked a bit of money at it.

I like Ed, have got the home shirt, and the previous Divide shirt, went to the gig and think what he’s done so far has been great - personally find this a bit tinpot and the sort of thing held up as embarrassing in the game.

It’s no big deal though surely that some think this way, it doesn’t mean anything for what they think for the rest of the changes but every thing has to be so polarised

He's not just a sponsor though is he? His connection with ITFC is a much bigger deal, so much so that the mainstream media regularly covers it.

I also fail to see how it'll be "held up as embarrassing in the game." What on earth does that even mean?! Being beaten by Lincoln on BBC 1 is "embarrassing in the game." I imagine most people, as I did, will just think 'clever bit of PR' and move onto who's on Strictly and what's for dinner.

In what way are you embarrassed? For someone who regularly appears on a youtube podcast, i wouldn't have had you down as someone who embarrasses so easily.

If the bigger boys take the piss just ignore them!

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:55 - Aug 7 with 1347 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:44 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's not just a sponsor though is he? His connection with ITFC is a much bigger deal, so much so that the mainstream media regularly covers it.

I also fail to see how it'll be "held up as embarrassing in the game." What on earth does that even mean?! Being beaten by Lincoln on BBC 1 is "embarrassing in the game." I imagine most people, as I did, will just think 'clever bit of PR' and move onto who's on Strictly and what's for dinner.

In what way are you embarrassed? For someone who regularly appears on a youtube podcast, i wouldn't have had you down as someone who embarrasses so easily.

If the bigger boys take the piss just ignore them!

I think some people may be over analysing other peoples opinions

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:58 - Aug 7 with 1339 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:55 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

I think some people may be over analysing other peoples opinions

I think some people don't want to answer the question because they've realised being embarrassed about this is a little bit silly.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:03 - Aug 7 with 1326 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:58 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think some people don't want to answer the question because they've realised being embarrassed about this is a little bit silly.

Yes that’s definitely it, all those who are saying it’s a bit cringe, embarrassing or tinpot are wrong and there is one correct opinion on this that it is great and there is no room for any grey areas

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:06 - Aug 7 with 1316 viewsRomeo4

Nothing to see here. Move on everyone. This is such a non-issue. Some people like it some people don’t. That’s life folks.

Let’s forget about any negativity today and get excited for the game which heralds a new chapter in the history of the club we all love. COYB!!
Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:09 - Aug 7 with 1313 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:03 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Yes that’s definitely it, all those who are saying it’s a bit cringe, embarrassing or tinpot are wrong and there is one correct opinion on this that it is great and there is no room for any grey areas

Not at all. I have my opinion, you have yours, I have my opinion on your opinion, you have yours on mine.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) (n/t) on 08:20 - Aug 7 with 1300 viewsBryanPlug

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 00:02 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

For someone who wanted change at the club, you don't seem to be dealing with it so well now that it's here!

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:25 - Aug 7 with 1282 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:09 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not at all. I have my opinion, you have yours, I have my opinion on your opinion, you have yours on mine.

Yea but I’m not trying to explain to you why your opinion is wrong, when it is something that is personal to you.

Opinions are based on lived experiences, views, and a million other things - they aren’t facts.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:28 - Aug 7 with 1271 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) (n/t) on 08:20 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

Are you still jealous that I get some inside info? Very strange, you must have self esteem issues

Squad numbers by itfcjoe 6 Aug 2021 15:28
Just sorting out who wears number 17 this year, big decision

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:36 - Aug 7 with 1244 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:28 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Are you still jealous that I get some inside info? Very strange, you must have self esteem issues

Squad numbers by itfcjoe 6 Aug 2021 15:28
Just sorting out who wears number 17 this year, big decision

This reply is all a bit ‘look at me’ Joe.
You’re better than that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:38 - Aug 7 with 1241 viewsBryanPlug

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:43 - Aug 7 with 1223 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:25 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Yea but I’m not trying to explain to you why your opinion is wrong, when it is something that is personal to you.

Opinions are based on lived experiences, views, and a million other things - they aren’t facts.

You just seem to be popping up having a downer on a lot of things coming out of the club these days. It just seems odd - such a great opportunity for ITFC since Gamechanger came in and there's so many Debbie Downers knocking about. Everything gets analysed, and a lot seem to want to find negatives in everything. I can't even believe this is an issue, so i'm trying to understand why it's embarrassing and what you mean by "held up as embarrassing in the football world."

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:56 - Aug 7 with 1194 viewssolomon

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:11 - Aug 6 by Zx1988

As Chrismakin says - top marketing. Sheeran fans now have an 'official' name/number option to get printed on their shirts.

Frankly it's no more/less cringeworthy than assigning 12 to 'The Fans'.

One things for sure, he won’t pop down to the touch line at half time grab a Mike and launch into a drunken tirade trying to find a 12th man.

Nope I’ll take this celebrity involvement every time.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 09:06 - Aug 7 with 1184 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:36 - Aug 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

This reply is all a bit ‘look at me’ Joe.
You’re better than that.

That poster often has this same false dig at me, it’s a bit pathetic and I can’t let it slide every time

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 09:07 - Aug 7 with 1179 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:43 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

You just seem to be popping up having a downer on a lot of things coming out of the club these days. It just seems odd - such a great opportunity for ITFC since Gamechanger came in and there's so many Debbie Downers knocking about. Everything gets analysed, and a lot seem to want to find negatives in everything. I can't even believe this is an issue, so i'm trying to understand why it's embarrassing and what you mean by "held up as embarrassing in the football world."

I’m not going to like everything the club has done, I’m massively positive going into this season.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 09:52 - Aug 7 with 1110 viewstimothyeo

This is just weird. Why are you so jealous that someone gets a little bit of inside info?
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 1108 viewstimothyeo

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 07:34 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep. And I can be critical of the people who criticise the decisions.

This is such a great PR stunt, which will bring in extra revenue to help the team financially (not just in shirt sales, but exposure). I can't believe anyone's upset by it.

But its personal opinion. Its weird, as joe has said, for you to tell people how they feel about something is wrong.

I've had some messages from non ITFC fans pointing out how cringe it is, so clearly isn't just a few fans inside the club
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) (n/t) on 10:10 - Aug 7 with 1085 viewsGavTWTD

That was unnecessary. Edited

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 10:19 - Aug 7 with 1076 viewsRamRob

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:19 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't Doncaster have some pop singer fan registered in their squad and even play a few minutes at the end of the season quite a few years ago now too?

Think it was a member of one direction

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 11:23 - Aug 7 with 1017 viewsLord_Lucan

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:37 - Aug 6 by Funge

Disagree.

It's a gimmick, and a clever one at that.

Don't care for Sheeran's music at all, but he's local, loaded, and chucking loads of publicity our way. Good luck to him, and excellent for us.

Exactly this, anyone who finds this tin pot or cringeworthy is a silly bollox.

So there!

Edit; Actually I think we should register him as a player and give him 5 minutes of a game.

The publicity would be absolutely off the scale.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 11:27]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 11:27 - Aug 7 with 1000 viewsDigger77

Excellent move by the club. We need to leverage everything we can from the Ed deal, exactly like this.

COYB!
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 11:55 - Aug 7 with 963 viewsDarth_Koont

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 08:25 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

But sh1t opinions can and should be called out. It’s not like they’re personal property to be respected.

People attaching so much – and so much ego – to their opinions is ridiculous.

If people can’t handle their opinions being challenged maybe they should have kept them to themselves? No-one was stopping them do that.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024