Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) 17:02 - Aug 6 with 12296 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 19:20 - Aug 6 with 1930 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:33 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

It'll generate more revenue for the club which is a good thing, but personally find it all a bit embarrassing. Still, we've suffered much more embarrassment than this in the last few years so can't say I'm that bothered.

Not withstanding my post above, a semi-regular TWTD poster has just text me saying it’s no more embarrassing than recent incumbents of the shirt, which I think is a fair point!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 19:21]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 19:27 - Aug 6 with 1907 viewsjayessess

bit cringe, but the club will make some money and no harm will be done

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 19:47 - Aug 6 with 1865 views44_not_out

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

So tinpot, I know I’m not the target market and sure will be good for the club - just find it a bit embarrassing

Maybe but is it anymore tinpot than people doing podcasts (I know I’m not the target audience) and think they are ‘in the know’ when in reality they know, no more than anyone else.

For gods sake, the club have seen a huge marketing opportunity and have seized on it. Whether you are the target audience or not, it further enhances our profile, that let’s face it, was becoming less and less appealing.

Move on with the times. I was cynical about skateboarding in the Olympics but have found it really enjoyable
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:00 - Aug 6 with 1832 viewsstonojnr

so will he appear in the squad list in the programme for every home match ?

squad number yeah why not, shame all those fans of his who have already bought one, have to buy another if they want his name/number though.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:04 - Aug 6 with 1828 viewsblaggers

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:15 - Aug 6 by J2BLUE

Great publicity.

He's just been announced as the headline act for the NFL season kick off concert.

He is a megastar.

Can you imagine if he rocks up to the NFL opener in an Ipswich shirt?

Poll: What happens next?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:06 - Aug 6 with 1824 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:18 - Aug 6 by textbackup

£5 says we don't order in enough "1" or "7" 's to keep up with demand

That was the old Ipswich mate. The Evans era of nothingness and dejection.

These yanks have their sh*t together and we’re going up as champions.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:12 - Aug 6 with 1814 viewsRamRob

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:33 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

It'll generate more revenue for the club which is a good thing, but personally find it all a bit embarrassing. Still, we've suffered much more embarrassment than this in the last few years so can't say I'm that bothered.

I find it embarrassing that people are so worried about being embarrassed by something their football club does.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:20 - Aug 6 with 1799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

Yeah I just find it a bit embarrassing that we're putting our sponsor on the squad list, he's not a footballer, he's got no place being there as far as I'm concerned. Hope it generates extra money, Ed seems like a nice lad, but it's a bit sickly for my taste is all. As I say, no big deal but I don't think we need to be quite so reverent to a sponsor, regardless of who they are.

As shirt sponsor, he is paying money into the club. By being a member of the squad, can this be considered a negative salary and taken into account in the financial limitations?

I am sure it couldn't be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:22 - Aug 6 with 1789 viewsTrequartista

Will his kit be sponsored by Ipswich Town?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:29 - Aug 6 with 1774 viewsStrimmer

This is new ground for Ipswich Town football club but it doesn't even get on the leaderboard in the big list of football club commercial embarrassments.

Man United's Official Noodle Partners? Rooney '32Red' at Derby?

Come on, this is nothing by comparison and harmless with it. The world's biggest touring artist get a meaningless shirt assignation, not even a popular number at that.

Squad numbers didnt even EXIST 20 odd years ago and now its hallowed ground never to be besmerched?

I'm laughing, but the tinpottery lot need to get a grip, sorry for having fun!

Poll: Was it a punch?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 21:05 - Aug 6 with 1743 viewsDurovigutum

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:04 - Aug 6 by blaggers

Can you imagine if he rocks up to the NFL opener in an Ipswich shirt?

I suspect he will...

And how do we know the club haven't registered him with the FA? It doesn't cost anything and I don't think Framlington Rovers have signed him?
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 21:23 - Aug 6 with 1724 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 21:36 - Aug 6 with 1707 viewsJamestownPrince

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:10 - Aug 6 by Chris_ITFC

God, that's tinpot.

(All things Ed have been great up to now)

Bearing in mind we have had Vemud ReadyBrekkie Skaard and Johnathon Buster Douglas playing for us, never mind have a sqaud number I have seen worse.

Michael Foot was the oldest registered player on record (in the UK at least) aged 90 - one season he was registered with the Squad number 90.

also....

John Ryan (born 1 May 1950)[1] is an entrepreneur involved in the cosmetic surgery business in the United Kingdom and the former chairman[2] of his hometown club Doncaster Rovers, which he has supported since being a boy.

After expanding a cosmetic surgery company, which he sold in 2002, he created his own MYA (Make Yourself Amazing) line of surgical clinics in 2007.[3] Ryan has written an autobiography, Dare To Dream, which has been on sale since February 2010.[4]

Ryan entered The Guinness Book of Records as the oldest footballer to appear for a professional British club when he came on as a substitute in the 89th minute for Doncaster Rovers against Hereford United in a Conference National match on 26 April 2003, at the age of 52 years and 11 months.[5][6] He was allocated the number 28.[7]
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 1696 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:18 - Aug 6 by GavTWTD

Well, I've added him to our squad list so you'll be able to predict him as first scorer if you wish...

Let's face it, Ed Sheeran is far more likely to score than most on here.

Is the 17 significant in any way? I've got no idea what any of his songs or albums are called.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 1665 viewsJamestownPrince

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 21:41 - Aug 6 by Swansea_Blue

Is the 17 significant in any way? I've got no idea what any of his songs or albums are called.

I can't imagine that Ed is going to cover "Seventeen" by Winger...

Fantastic song but the that would be the end of his career!!!
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:14 - Aug 6 with 1635 viewsDinDjarin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 21:41 - Aug 6 by Swansea_Blue

His birthday is the 17th.

He is probably the biggest and most current solo artist on the planet and one of our own.

We could pull fans in from all corners of the globe and if we ever make it to the premiership having him on board would be an even bigger pull than it is now.

One Club, One Love.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:19 - Aug 6 with 1623 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 20:29 - Aug 6 by Strimmer

This is new ground for Ipswich Town football club but it doesn't even get on the leaderboard in the big list of football club commercial embarrassments.

Man United's Official Noodle Partners? Rooney '32Red' at Derby?

Come on, this is nothing by comparison and harmless with it. The world's biggest touring artist get a meaningless shirt assignation, not even a popular number at that.

Squad numbers didnt even EXIST 20 odd years ago and now its hallowed ground never to be besmerched?

I'm laughing, but the tinpottery lot need to get a grip, sorry for having fun!

Didn't Doncaster have some pop singer fan registered in their squad and even play a few minutes at the end of the season quite a few years ago now too?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:22 - Aug 6 with 1615 viewsJamestownPrince

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 22:19 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Didn't Doncaster have some pop singer fan registered in their squad and even play a few minutes at the end of the season quite a few years ago now too?

John Ryan bought them out from a bad position and languishing in the conference - said if they had won the league before the last game he would come on as a sub in the last game.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:00 - Aug 6 with 1576 viewsSitfcB

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:06 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

It's a space for players mate. If you want to indulge in this culture of celebrity worship, that's cool, and if it makes the club a few extra quid, that's fine. I'm just not that keen on it and I can't say I blame anyone for feeling the same.

Reading gave their fans a squad number, now that’s tinpot.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:04 - Aug 6 with 1570 viewsN2_Blue

So tinpot, I know I’m not the target market and sure will be good for the club - just find it a bit embarrassing

Why?

I couldn't care less, but i don't see why it's embarrassing. It's good PR publicity and it's really not anything to be upset or embarrassed about.

This club has done many things in recent times that are embarrassing but this isn't one of them

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:29 - Aug 6 with 1549 viewsN2_Blue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:04 - Aug 6 by N2_Blue

Why?

I couldn't care less, but i don't see why it's embarrassing. It's good PR publicity and it's really not anything to be upset or embarrassed about.

This club has done many things in recent times that are embarrassing but this isn't one of them

on the BBC news homepage...2nd most read story currently.

not bad publicity at all!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:58 - Aug 6 with 1525 viewstimothyeo

Yep undeniably tinpot but I'm sure they'll make some sales to line the pension fund. Saying that, money made on shirt sales is pretty minimal isn't it? Such a huge chunk goes to the manufacturer.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 00:02 - Aug 7 with 1525 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

For someone who wanted change at the club, you don't seem to be dealing with it so well now that it's here!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 00:16 - Aug 7 with 1498 viewstimothyeo

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 00:02 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

For someone who wanted change at the club, you don't seem to be dealing with it so well now that it's here!

You can want change, and even like the change, whilst still being critical of individual decisions.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 01:35 - Aug 7 with 1470 viewsBugs

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 23:58 - Aug 6 by timothyeo

Yep undeniably tinpot but I'm sure they'll make some sales to line the pension fund. Saying that, money made on shirt sales is pretty minimal isn't it? Such a huge chunk goes to the manufacturer.

A bit cringe maybe, tinpot defiantly not.

In fact it would be far, far more tinpot not to try and make the most of one of the biggest global music stars on the planet..... and I think as a lovely chap Mr Sheeran seems to be, the fellas music is bland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024