Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) 17:02 - Aug 6 with 12298 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:49 - Aug 6 with 1468 viewsSharkey

Michael Foot scarcely got a game for Plymouth.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:50 - Aug 6 with 1464 viewschrismakin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

So tinpot, I know I’m not the target market and sure will be good for the club - just find it a bit embarrassing

I mean what club wouldn't make use of a global superstar generating important funds to push the club as far they can.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:51 - Aug 6 with 1459 viewsDinDjarin

Think what the players other halves might think when they get probably will get the chance to meet him personally.

Or the players themselves for that matter. Nothing to moan about here.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 6 with 1447 viewsMerseyBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:44 - Aug 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

*Psst*

You don't need to buy one.

Yeah I just find it a bit embarrassing that we're putting our sponsor on the squad list, he's not a footballer, he's got no place being there as far as I'm concerned. Hope it generates extra money, Ed seems like a nice lad, but it's a bit sickly for my taste is all. As I say, no big deal but I don't think we need to be quite so reverent to a sponsor, regardless of who they are.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 6 with 1441 viewstonybied

Would he get a winners medal if we win the league?
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 1428 viewschrismakin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

Yeah I just find it a bit embarrassing that we're putting our sponsor on the squad list, he's not a footballer, he's got no place being there as far as I'm concerned. Hope it generates extra money, Ed seems like a nice lad, but it's a bit sickly for my taste is all. As I say, no big deal but I don't think we need to be quite so reverent to a sponsor, regardless of who they are.

He's no place being there?

If it wasn't for part of his money, possibly not many of the players would be on that squad list.

It's not harming anyone, it's a bit of recognition and it will help the club
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 17:57]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:55 - Aug 6 with 1434 viewsDyland

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:50 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

I mean what club wouldn't make use of a global superstar generating important funds to push the club as far they can.

Regardless, it is the epitome of tinpot.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 1409 viewsFunge

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:55 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

If it wasn't for part of his money, possibly not many of the players would be on that squad list.

I mean, he doesn't, in all honesty - but it doesn't really matter that much.

Compared to having the ME logo adjoining Sir Bobby's face on the North Stand/ Cobbold corner, or having the gambling equivalent of the My Little Pony logo on our shirts - I'm not really bothered.
Login to get fewer ads

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 1407 viewsMerseyBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:55 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

He's not a footballer. It's a space generally reserved for footballers. So yeah, he's got no place being there.

He can be a sponsor, we can do plenty of other publicity work with him, he can have his face plastered on the wall outside for all I care, but sticking him on the squad list is just a bit too far for me. I won't lose any sleep over it, I just don't rate it. Is that OK?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:01 - Aug 6 with 1384 viewschrismakin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

He's not a footballer. It's a space generally reserved for footballers. So yeah, he's got no place being there.

He can be a sponsor, we can do plenty of other publicity work with him, he can have his face plastered on the wall outside for all I care, but sticking him on the squad list is just a bit too far for me. I won't lose any sleep over it, I just don't rate it. Is that OK?

It's a space to be used how the club deems fit.

I've seen clubs give numbers to their fans before so no real difference imo.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:02 - Aug 6 with 1382 viewsMerseyBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 6 by Funge

I mean, he doesn't, in all honesty - but it doesn't really matter that much.

Compared to having the ME logo adjoining Sir Bobby's face on the North Stand/ Cobbold corner, or having the gambling equivalent of the My Little Pony logo on our shirts - I'm not really bothered.

That's fundamentally the point I'm making - it doesn't matter, but I personally find it a bit embarrassing. Everything else has been great as far as I'm concerned, but for me, it's just a touch too far

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 6 with 1371 viewsstopmoaning

The club is a business, and this will make money. Fans can’t want success yet badmouth something like this.
Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:06 - Aug 6 with 1370 viewsMerseyBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:01 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

It's a space to be used how the club deems fit.

I've seen clubs give numbers to their fans before so no real difference imo.

It's a space for players mate. If you want to indulge in this culture of celebrity worship, that's cool, and if it makes the club a few extra quid, that's fine. I'm just not that keen on it and I can't say I blame anyone for feeling the same.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:11 - Aug 6 with 1336 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:06 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

It's a space for players mate. If you want to indulge in this culture of celebrity worship, that's cool, and if it makes the club a few extra quid, that's fine. I'm just not that keen on it and I can't say I blame anyone for feeling the same.

Of you are really not bothered why would you post 5 times (so far) to say so?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:13 - Aug 6 with 1323 viewsMerseyBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:11 - Aug 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

Of you are really not bothered why would you post 5 times (so far) to say so?

Because people have replied to me? See how it works, you've asked me a question and I'm answering it. I've stated how I feel about it so happy to bow out if that pleases your grace.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:15 - Aug 6 with 1314 viewschrismakin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 6 by stopmoaning

The club is a business, and this will make money. Fans can’t want success yet badmouth something like this.

Thing is. It's not just potential additional shirt sales.
Its numbers and names on the backs of shirts already purchased.

It can also be additional programmes bought online.

People dont fully understand that there are severe ed supporters out there.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:23 - Aug 6 with 1288 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:10 - Aug 6 by Chris_ITFC

God, that's tinpot.

(All things Ed have been great up to now)

Should generate a massive amount of income and publicity for a League one club which hasn't managed to trouble the play off places over the past two seasons.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:23 - Aug 6 with 1291 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 6 by stopmoaning

Of course they can, some people just know they price of everything but the value of nothing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:25 - Aug 6 with 1287 viewsMerseyBlue

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:15 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

Thing is. It's not just potential additional shirt sales.
Its numbers and names on the backs of shirts already purchased.

It can also be additional programmes bought online.

People dont fully understand that there are severe ed supporters out there.

I hate myself for replying to this but I will say no more after this - people do understand that there are "severe Ed supporters" out there and that this will generate money for the club - nobody doesn't understand that, some of us have mentioned that.

What people are less impressed about is that it's pandering to a celebrity, in a culture that already panders to celebrities at every opportunity.

It's great to have Ed involved in the club, it's great to be looking to make smart money in different areas, it's just a bit lame in this specific instant. There are other ways of capitalising on the Ed factor, without doing this. As they're doing it I hope they sell an absolute ton of them, it just makes me feel personally embarrassed - not terribly, but enough to make you blush a bit.

Anyway, I bit, but I've said my piece and I'll leave you all to enjoy the Ed love in! Sorry for, ahem, thinking out loud. Peace and love to you all

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:38 - Aug 6 with 1241 viewschrismakin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:25 - Aug 6 by MerseyBlue

I hate myself for replying to this but I will say no more after this - people do understand that there are "severe Ed supporters" out there and that this will generate money for the club - nobody doesn't understand that, some of us have mentioned that.

What people are less impressed about is that it's pandering to a celebrity, in a culture that already panders to celebrities at every opportunity.

It's great to have Ed involved in the club, it's great to be looking to make smart money in different areas, it's just a bit lame in this specific instant. There are other ways of capitalising on the Ed factor, without doing this. As they're doing it I hope they sell an absolute ton of them, it just makes me feel personally embarrassed - not terribly, but enough to make you blush a bit.

Anyway, I bit, but I've said my piece and I'll leave you all to enjoy the Ed love in! Sorry for, ahem, thinking out loud. Peace and love to you all

Its not an Ed love in.

It's the fact football and its media has moved on over the years and clubs do what they can to make money.

What would you hate more... Ed being given no. 17 or Portman Road being advertised as for sale for naming rights.

People didnt want a betting company as sponsor... even tho they pay more than most sponsors.

We need to embrace the sponsorship in anyway possible to maximise its potential.

Anyone who finds it embarrassing imo needs to think of how different it could be to have magical Vegas back on the shirt and PR being turned into the Vegas arena etc.

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:39 - Aug 6 with 1240 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:38 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

Its not an Ed love in.

It's the fact football and its media has moved on over the years and clubs do what they can to make money.

What would you hate more... Ed being given no. 17 or Portman Road being advertised as for sale for naming rights.

People didnt want a betting company as sponsor... even tho they pay more than most sponsors.

We need to embrace the sponsorship in anyway possible to maximise its potential.

Anyone who finds it embarrassing imo needs to think of how different it could be to have magical Vegas back on the shirt and PR being turned into the Vegas arena etc.

Everyone doesn’t have to love every decision the club makes, even if they can understand them they can still disagree with them or find them embarrassing

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:42 - Aug 6 with 1216 viewschrismakin

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:39 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

Everyone doesn’t have to love every decision the club makes, even if they can understand them they can still disagree with them or find them embarrassing

Of course they can. Likewise people are entitled to like the marketing ploy without it being an Ed love in

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:47 - Aug 6 with 1196 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:42 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

Of course they can. Likewise people are entitled to like the marketing ploy without it being an Ed love in

Well let them then, without trying to explain what they already understand

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 18:52 - Aug 6 with 1169 viewsjaykay

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:26 - Aug 6 by Mookamoo

He is a lovely lad, but I don't really follow him. Why the number 17?

in honour of my birthday. lets say i'm well over double his age

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 1120 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ed Sheeran 17?? (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

So tinpot, I know I’m not the target market and sure will be good for the club - just find it a bit embarrassing

Yes same. It clearly is good marketing and exposure and will benefit the club but does leave a sour taste for me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024