Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking 20:36 - Aug 7 with 1843 viewsBluearmy71

The dawn of the brand new era starts with the first game of said dawn in anger and what do we get from some of you, negativity and bloody questioning of PC's way to build this new squad!!

There is no point in moaning or complaining after one game ffs just take a closer look at those players out there today and once they do gel (and tbf to most of us we do understand its gonna take time to do so) we are going to be formidable in this league without doubt!!

Someone the other day commented that Penny was rubbish, well he had a great game today, i didn't want to name individuals for praise as we could all see how well all the debutants did, midfield looked so good, so much promise there!!

JUST BE HAPPY AT WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS, BE EXCITED BY THE PLAYERS WE HAVE NOW, AND LET THINGS FALL INTO PLACE!! AND IF YOU REALLY CAN'T BE POSITIVE ABOUT TODAY THEN YOU NEED TO FIND YOUR INSTANT GRATIFICATION FIX ELSEWHERE!!

I'm buzzing thinking of how this season can go once we really get started!!

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 20:59 - Aug 7 with 1770 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think you're letting yourself get distracted by the minority.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:22 - Aug 7 with 1679 viewschrismakin

Theres not been much negativity really. Not compared to what I thought there might be.

Your post does indeed tho show how opinions in football really does vary. Penney for me wasnt great for example. But thats why we love the game its full of opinions.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:22 - Aug 7 with 1683 viewsJ2BLUE

The response has been very fair. Poor result but we can see the plan and the potential.

With TWTD, Facebook, Twitter, podcasts and blogs you are always going to find negativity. IF we win the league there'll be someone moaning that we bought it and it's hollow.

People really need to look at the 90% for the real reaction. Ignore the 5% either side at the extreme ends.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:26 - Aug 7 with 1651 viewswkj

You're always going to get that though. On here, other football teams, film fanatics.

A lot of good questions were raised today, and a lot of good points were made. Fans will always question manager decisions, especially when things go off script. Cook didn't do much wrong today is my thought, though, I do think the club may have been a bit to slow to look at the back line.

Doesn't mean 'Cook Out' though does it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:31 - Aug 7 with 1619 viewstimothyeo

Weird OP, the general response has been positive.

I've been in a tiny minority in my view that the result isn't good enough, on top of the poor end to last season, Cook has everything to prove.
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:36 - Aug 7 with 1590 viewspatrickswell

I think if there is an underwhelmed feeling from some posters it’s because of the typical Ipswich thing of “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day and we’re going to make a statement by....er...grabbing an injury time draw with a team who’ve never played at this level before.”
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:50 - Aug 7 with 1507 viewsMullet

You were like this after Hursts first game or two in fairness.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:00 - Aug 7 with 1461 viewsBonchosBicycle

Penney wasn't at his best (I hope) today. Had some good moments where you could see what he was capable of but his first touch let him down too often. I absolutely agree with everything else.

We should have been 2-0 winners apart from a couple of horrible pieces of defending. Both our goals came from open play and showed what we will be able to do once we get settled. We don't even have the full squad in place yet.

The new owners seem to have made it as clear as they can that they know this is not going to be easy. But they are here to build something over years, not one match. I'm going to give all involved the chance to do that and everyone at the club right now has my full backing.
Login to get fewer ads

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:10 - Aug 7 with 1416 viewsSeablu

You’re a classic example of the modern social media disease.

You’re finally feeling happy with the direction of the club, after 12 years of utter apathetic decline?

You saw some green shoots of recovery today, that just might see us finally moving in the right direction?

Great, you and I agree.

Difference is, I don’t subsequently feel the need to crawl through the social media swamp, discover some trolls and muppets who weren’t happy and then howl about it in shouty caps.

Unless you secretly love the contradiction, don’t go looking for it.
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:14 - Aug 7 with 1386 viewsBluearmy71

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:50 - Aug 7 by Mullet

You were like this after Hursts first game or two in fairness.

And by like this you mean Positive, can't understand why anyone would want to throw any negativity after 1 game is played, its called giving them a fair crack of the whip before throwing judgement towards anyone then yeah so early on in the managers first full season with his squad, why would anyone want to thrown negativity at that?? I'm right behind it every time. they need building up right now, they need to see we are fully behind them and imo being negative about anyone doesn't help, after a couple of months fine but now is a no go for me.
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:18 - Aug 7 with 1357 viewsMullet

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:14 - Aug 7 by Bluearmy71

And by like this you mean Positive, can't understand why anyone would want to throw any negativity after 1 game is played, its called giving them a fair crack of the whip before throwing judgement towards anyone then yeah so early on in the managers first full season with his squad, why would anyone want to thrown negativity at that?? I'm right behind it every time. they need building up right now, they need to see we are fully behind them and imo being negative about anyone doesn't help, after a couple of months fine but now is a no go for me.

It sounds like you need that.

Assuming anything than full frontal positivity is negative, or that realism has no place in the discussion is completely daft. It’s made this place poorer of late so you’re far from the only one.

Today wasn’t good enough. It wasn’t a disaster either. That’s down to way more things than people having a chat about football on social media.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:20 - Aug 7 with 1345 viewsBloomBlue

A number of people are unhappy with the result, I actually don't think it was a bad result. Too many were expecting an easy 3, 4-0 win it was never going to be that, Morecambe newly promoted were always going to be up for it all promoted teams are for the first few games. Yes we made some mistakes but every player at L1 level is going to make mistakes, but I saw enough today to get excited about the season ahead
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:23 - Aug 7 with 1324 viewsBluearmy71

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:26 - Aug 7 by wkj

You're always going to get that though. On here, other football teams, film fanatics.

A lot of good questions were raised today, and a lot of good points were made. Fans will always question manager decisions, especially when things go off script. Cook didn't do much wrong today is my thought, though, I do think the club may have been a bit to slow to look at the back line.

Doesn't mean 'Cook Out' though does it.

Again why the need for questions so early...the first game!!

You mention a script, what was the script cos I certainly didn't go to today's game with anything on my mind apart from seeing how all the new players do, or is the script the one that we should have beaten Morcombe so therefore some people expectations were dealt a blow, there was a lot of pressure on us today as none of us had really played together at all in a game that mattered, nothing wrong with optimism but to go expecting the dream start was silly imo, I think people should question their own expectations this early on tbh.
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:32 - Aug 7 with 1289 viewsBluearmy71

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:10 - Aug 7 by Seablu

You’re a classic example of the modern social media disease.

You’re finally feeling happy with the direction of the club, after 12 years of utter apathetic decline?

You saw some green shoots of recovery today, that just might see us finally moving in the right direction?

Great, you and I agree.

Difference is, I don’t subsequently feel the need to crawl through the social media swamp, discover some trolls and muppets who weren’t happy and then howl about it in shouty caps.

Unless you secretly love the contradiction, don’t go looking for it.

You are a classic example of a tw@t who doesn't know what he is on about, I don't do social media so don't judge me like that!

And fyi I will write my posts however I damn well please, i don't post for anyone else's benefit but my own!

The only difference I see between us is that I am not judgemental and you are, that's the biggest thing to come from your post, quite sad really!!
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:35 - Aug 7 with 1276 viewsChurchman

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:31 - Aug 7 by timothyeo

Weird OP, the general response has been positive.

I've been in a tiny minority in my view that the result isn't good enough, on top of the poor end to last season, Cook has everything to prove.

Well done weaving last season into today’s result. Neatly done. Personally, I’m struggling to see the relevance.

I suspect if we’d won, you’d have hammered the performance. If we’d battered them 5-0 you’d have found something with the last refuge being ‘only Morecambe, what about last season’ or ‘it’d have been 7-0 with better tactics’ etc

The general response has not been positive. Just about anyone who follows this club will be disappointed with the result. So will the players and staff. Unlike their predecessors, standards are being set at this club now. The response of realistic people on here has been understanding in that a new team is being formed and it takes time.

Nor have you been in a tiny minority. You are one of many that want him gone as soon as possible.

Cook has nothing whatsoever to prove actually. He’s done it with other clubs and I’ve no doubt after he leaves this club he will do it with another. Unlike his predecessors all the way back to Royle, he has a track record of success and no failures
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 22:36]
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:35 - Aug 7 with 1275 viewsBluearmy71

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:18 - Aug 7 by Mullet

It sounds like you need that.

Assuming anything than full frontal positivity is negative, or that realism has no place in the discussion is completely daft. It’s made this place poorer of late so you’re far from the only one.

Today wasn’t good enough. It wasn’t a disaster either. That’s down to way more things than people having a chat about football on social media.

You need to grasp what one game means in the bigger picture if you think you are a realist imo Mullet,
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:36 - Aug 7 with 1262 viewsBluearmy71

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 21:36 - Aug 7 by patrickswell

I think if there is an underwhelmed feeling from some posters it’s because of the typical Ipswich thing of “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day and we’re going to make a statement by....er...grabbing an injury time draw with a team who’ve never played at this level before.”

Shouldn't expect anything in football!!
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:39 - Aug 7 with 1230 viewschrismakin

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:35 - Aug 7 by Bluearmy71

You need to grasp what one game means in the bigger picture if you think you are a realist imo Mullet,

Tbf. What has he said that is wrong?

You should know I'm seen as MR positive when it comes to town.. but hes right when he says today wasnt good enough otherwise we would have won the game.

However there is plenty to take from it and it gave me high hopes for the season.

That said. IF we didnt improve our defence then no it wont go anywhere. (I'm well aware we prob will sort it)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:59 - Aug 7 with 1162 viewsBluearmy71

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:39 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Tbf. What has he said that is wrong?

You should know I'm seen as MR positive when it comes to town.. but hes right when he says today wasnt good enough otherwise we would have won the game.

However there is plenty to take from it and it gave me high hopes for the season.

That said. IF we didnt improve our defence then no it wont go anywhere. (I'm well aware we prob will sort it)

"Assuming anything than full frontal positivity is negative, or that realism has no place in the discussion is completely daft. It’s made this place poorer of late so you’re far from the only one."

Trying to say I have no sense of realism and that full on positivity is the way I think things should be, it looks as though he cannot grasp the fact that this was the first competitive game our players have played together, they need to know that we as their supporters understand the situation fully and get behind them while they concentrate on what a fully cohesive team they can become, all the nit picking doesn't help that, not after one f**king game!, Like I have said often in 6 to 8 weeks is plenty of time for them to gel, maybe not be quite the finished article by then but that imo is a more reasonable time frame for negativity, criticism and/or good old fashioned moaning to be thrown..........Not after 1 game!!
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 23:04 - Aug 7 with 1129 viewstimothyeo

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:35 - Aug 7 by Churchman

Well done weaving last season into today’s result. Neatly done. Personally, I’m struggling to see the relevance.

I suspect if we’d won, you’d have hammered the performance. If we’d battered them 5-0 you’d have found something with the last refuge being ‘only Morecambe, what about last season’ or ‘it’d have been 7-0 with better tactics’ etc

The general response has not been positive. Just about anyone who follows this club will be disappointed with the result. So will the players and staff. Unlike their predecessors, standards are being set at this club now. The response of realistic people on here has been understanding in that a new team is being formed and it takes time.

Nor have you been in a tiny minority. You are one of many that want him gone as soon as possible.

Cook has nothing whatsoever to prove actually. He’s done it with other clubs and I’ve no doubt after he leaves this club he will do it with another. Unlike his predecessors all the way back to Royle, he has a track record of success and no failures
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 22:36]

Bizarre post. I'd have been delighted with a solid, convincing win. Why on earth wouldn't i?

The reality is weve not seen one from the entirety of Cooks tenure so far and shockingly, his performance last season is still fresh in the memory, and is as relevant as his previous successes, if youre going to use them.

He certainly does have it all to prove at ITFC, let's hope he does it.
I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 23:05 - Aug 7 with 1126 viewsSeablu

I just don't understand some of the forums members thinking on 22:32 - Aug 7 by Bluearmy71

You are a classic example of a tw@t who doesn't know what he is on about, I don't do social media so don't judge me like that!

And fyi I will write my posts however I damn well please, i don't post for anyone else's benefit but my own!

The only difference I see between us is that I am not judgemental and you are, that's the biggest thing to come from your post, quite sad really!!

I was wrong.
You’re just an attention seeking no-mark with a compulsive urge to spill a load of pointless guff onto the internet.
Sorry to have misjudged you so wrongly, sweetheart.
I hope you’ve achieved the hugs and cuddles you so desperately crave before bed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024