Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Burgess 10:56 - Aug 14 with 6934 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cameron Burgess on 12:15 - Aug 14 with 2013 viewstractorboy1978

Cameron Burgess on 12:20 - Aug 14 with 1975 viewspointofblue

Stuart Watson, Andy Warren, Brenner Woolley and Phil just all be fuming - a breaking story and they’re probably all stuck on the road to Burton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cameron Burgess on 12:43 - Aug 14 with 1836 viewsSaigonTractor

Cameron Burgess on 12:01 - Aug 14 by Sixto6

Burgess & Butcher double signing would probably almost complete our squad - Jackson and Donacien going the other way would be a real bonus !

Although I’d like an experienced CB too.

I think this might be it for centre backs now.

I think Toto might be the experienced centre half this season...
Cameron Burgess on 12:44 - Aug 14 with 1827 viewsKieran_Knows

Cameron Burgess on 12:43 - Aug 14 by SaigonTractor

I think this might be it for centre backs now.

I think Toto might be the experienced centre half this season...

Worrying if that’s the case.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cameron Burgess on 12:51 - Aug 14 with 1758 viewsWD19

Cameron Burgess on 12:44 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

We are in the 3rd Division. Toto, Woolfenden and Donacien are not the worst bench warmers in the world.
Cameron Burgess on 12:52 - Aug 14 with 1749 viewsSaigonTractor

Eh, for League One I'm absolutely fine with it. Burgess, Edmondson, Toto, and Woolfenden is good enough for me, and Doncian is solid cover in an emergency.
Cameron Burgess on 13:06 - Aug 14 with 1628 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Cameron Burgess on 10:59 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

If we pay over the odds like we did for Jackson and Donacien then I will lose my sh*t with this club.

Yeah. Ashton’s knackered, so he’s asked Evan’s to step in on the negotiating for a couple of weeks.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Cameron Burgess on 13:17 - Aug 14 with 1532 viewsjayessess

Cameron Burgess on 12:51 - Aug 14 by WD19

We are in the 3rd Division. Toto, Woolfenden and Donacien are not the worst bench warmers in the world.

Quite. As the Morrell transfer illustrates, it'll be easier said than done to recruit top quality, experienced players who know they're being recruited to sit on the bench.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Burgess on 13:17 - Aug 14 with 1522 viewschicoazul

Nah. Toto was good for the latter half of last season. Depends on his injury now though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cameron Burgess on 13:21 - Aug 14 with 1484 viewsKieran_Knows

Cameron Burgess on 13:17 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

Nah. Toto was good for the latter half of last season. Depends on his injury now though.

We talking about the same Toto who couldn’t get in the side ahead of a pretty cr*p Arsenal loanee and an out of form Woolfenden?

Cameron Burgess on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 1413 viewsfranz_tyson

Cameron Burgess on 12:20 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

Stuart Watson, Andy Warren, Brenner Woolley and Phil just all be fuming - a breaking story and they’re probably all stuck on the road to Burton.

There does seem a dearth of follow-up to this. Thought someone like FLW would jump on this. But it’s match day and maybe everyone is focusing or travelling to the game as you say.

This guy is a sports editor for the BBC Lancashire so feels genuine. Wouldn’t have thought he’d be sharing this just for click bait.
As said before, if Burgess isn’t in the Accrington side today, you’d think this is true.
Cameron Burgess on 13:28 - Aug 14 with 1389 viewschicoazul

Cameron Burgess on 13:21 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

We talking about the same Toto who couldn’t get in the side ahead of a pretty cr*p Arsenal loanee and an out of form Woolfenden?

He played well when he played and I remain convinced we kept McG in the team to keep things sweet with arsenal

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cameron Burgess on 13:32 - Aug 14 with 1335 viewsSixto6

Toto worries me every time he has time on the ball - struggles to read the play or organise the defence, only any good for last ditch tackles or just throwing his body in front of the ball.
4th choice for me !
Cameron Burgess on 13:33 - Aug 14 with 1318 viewsjayessess

I don't know who you think we'll recruit as 3rd/4th choice defender who's going to be much better.

Cameron Burgess on 13:33 - Aug 14 with 1315 viewsKieran_Knows

Cameron Burgess on 13:32 - Aug 14 by Sixto6

Toto worries me every time he has time on the ball - struggles to read the play or organise the defence, only any good for last ditch tackles or just throwing his body in front of the ball.
4th choice for me !

He plays like a 10 year old for me. I think about 3 times last weekend he just got dragged to the ball leaving a gaping big gap behind him. He’s not for me unfortunately, and given the calibre of players we’ve signed, I’m very surprised at the amount of people who are happy for him to stay.

Cameron Burgess on 13:34 - Aug 14 with 1323 viewsITFCBlues

Confirmed by Stuart Watson as well

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-to-sign-accrington-defender-burge

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Cameron Burgess on 13:36 - Aug 14 with 1288 viewsSaigonTractor

Who couldn't get into the squad underneath our clueless former manager? Ahead of a loanee who is now playing in the division above us?

Everyone judges Toto based on his awful start here, ignoring the fact he's been pretty solid for a good while now.
Cameron Burgess on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 1217 viewstextbackup

no point having an attacking line up that we have with toto as our main CB....
I really hope the CBs match that of the attackers we've signed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cameron Burgess on 13:48 - Aug 14 with 1170 viewsjayessess

Cameron Burgess on 13:33 - Aug 14 by Kieran_Knows

He plays like a 10 year old for me. I think about 3 times last weekend he just got dragged to the ball leaving a gaping big gap behind him. He’s not for me unfortunately, and given the calibre of players we’ve signed, I’m very surprised at the amount of people who are happy for him to stay.

If you're going to press high then your centre backs can't sit off, he'll have been told to be pro-active and engage the opposition forwards.

Ultimately we conceded one goal a game with him in the team last season. If that's the quality we drop to when our first choice centre backs can't play, I think we can live with that.

Cameron Burgess on 13:56 - Aug 14 with 1106 viewsTrumptonBlue

Well, neither could the supporters' player of the year.

And if you're going by appearances in the team as the benchmark for quality, Toto in fact played more than any of the other CBs last season.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 13:56]
Cameron Burgess on 14:08 - Aug 14 with 996 viewsJDB23

Not in their squad so you'd think this one looks likely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024