Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perhaps it’s just me 18:30 - Aug 14 with 2317 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

But I thought we played really well second half. Battered them, hit the post, missed a penalty and they had 1 shot and scored. A draw was a harsh result but a loss was a robbery.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:34 - Aug 14 with 2261 viewspatrickswell

Ultimately, this is just another variation on The Football is Better Now.
Perhaps it’s just me on 18:36 - Aug 14 with 2250 viewstextbackup

unfortunately many haven't learnt from the ME take over, they think money equals success, and 5-0 wins weekly.

its a poor start results wise, not doubting that.... has there been many positive indivual moments, yes, have they clicked at times, yes..... will that happen more often as season progresses, im very sure of it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:37 - Aug 14 with 2221 viewsNthsuffolkblue

When we find our scoring boots we are going to batter someone aren't we?

Having said that, a series of single goal wins would be much more preferable.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:37 - Aug 14 with 2226 viewsBarcaBlue

I don't think we created a singe clear cut chance. The second half was a bit better than the long ball first but it wasn't a great watch. Apart from Edwards I can't think of anything positive of note. Burton weren't great either so a dull draw would probably have been about right.
Perhaps it’s just me on 18:42 - Aug 14 with 2163 viewsN2_Blue

Good to see you positive.

I hope you'll reign the HMS Piss the league in now....well at least until we are top....which could be a long time away this season....or a few decades ;)

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:44 - Aug 14 with 2151 viewsdavblue

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:36 - Aug 14 by textbackup

unfortunately many haven't learnt from the ME take over, they think money equals success, and 5-0 wins weekly.

its a poor start results wise, not doubting that.... has there been many positive indivual moments, yes, have they clicked at times, yes..... will that happen more often as season progresses, im very sure of it.

Too many of our fan base are taken in with the number of signings also.

We’ve signed some decent players this summer, lots I don’t know but I don’t think it will be until November before we start to see consistency in performances we’ve got to string some wins in there before we hopefully start to motor.

Genuinely think play offs will be our finishing spot this year which I’m comfortable with after the changes we’ve made.
Perhaps it’s just me on 18:45 - Aug 14 with 2137 viewsjas0999

Didn’t have too many shots at goal though. That’s the issue.
Perhaps it’s just me on 18:54 - Aug 14 with 2093 viewsHighgateBlue

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:34 - Aug 14 by patrickswell

Ultimately, this is just another variation on The Football is Better Now.

Yes, but for so so many fans that is THE goal. Hounding out Mick has no rationale otherwise. Many were happy to trade points for prettiness. Horses for courses, I say. But I prefer a win. At least I think I do. I don't really remember what one's like. Cook has not had too many of them, has he? That's the honest truth thus far...
Login to get fewer ads

Perhaps it’s just me on 19:08 - Aug 14 with 2041 viewsIllinoisblue

I know we all see it differently, but battered them? Blimey

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Perhaps it’s just me on 19:14 - Aug 14 with 1984 viewsBluefish

We barely had a shot on sustainedattacking possession. We are literally doing the proved performances thing for a 3rd time. It was no better than last seasons. We were disappointed and had no clear plan

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Perhaps it’s just me on 19:41 - Aug 14 with 1847 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good post Rommy.

While coming back from the game though disappointed I never asked myself: 'where are we going from here?'. There is plenty to look forward to.

We had had a bunch of sh1tehouses in the team in the last 3 seasons and two worst managers. Now we have a brand new team that needs a time to understand each other.

Promising second half but sometimes you don't what you deserve in football.
Perhaps it’s just me on 19:57 - Aug 14 with 1769 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps it’s just me on 19:14 - Aug 14 by Bluefish

We barely had a shot on sustainedattacking possession. We are literally doing the proved performances thing for a 3rd time. It was no better than last seasons. We were disappointed and had no clear plan

Burton is the home of brewing is it not Fishers?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:35 - Aug 14 with 1627 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Perhaps it’s just me on 18:37 - Aug 14 by BarcaBlue

I don't think we created a singe clear cut chance. The second half was a bit better than the long ball first but it wasn't a great watch. Apart from Edwards I can't think of anything positive of note. Burton weren't great either so a dull draw would probably have been about right.

We didn't create a single clear-cut chance and yet scored, hit the woodwork and had a penalty saved?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:38 - Aug 14 with 1609 viewsBluefish

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:35 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

We didn't create a single clear-cut chance and yet scored, hit the woodwork and had a penalty saved?

Pretty much yes. I was an own goal, a cross hit the bar and it was the softest penalty ever

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:49 - Aug 14 with 1577 viewsitfcjoe

I may be being a negative on the performance - but for the life of me I can’t see in any way how that second half can be described as ‘battering’ them.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:51 - Aug 14 with 1549 viewsBluefish

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:49 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

I may be being a negative on the performance - but for the life of me I can’t see in any way how that second half can be described as ‘battering’ them.

Improved performance equals battering them apparently these days

Burton were the better side overall.

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:52 - Aug 14 with 1530 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

They had one shot and we had about 75% possession second half.

Maybe I’m just wrong and/or drunk. My mate also thought we battered them second half fwiw. And he’s an unbiased arsenal fan

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:53 - Aug 14 with 1517 viewspointofblue

Yes, I think battered is excessive but we were the better team in the second half and, as Cook said, we looked like the only team who were going to score. And then...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:54 - Aug 14 with 1498 viewsBluefish

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:52 - Aug 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Maybe I’m just wrong and/or drunk. My mate also thought we battered them second half fwiw. And he’s an unbiased arsenal fan

Maybe we battered them 2nd half but they must have anhilated us 1st half

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:57 - Aug 14 with 1473 viewsitfcjoe

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:52 - Aug 14 by The_Romford_Blue

We had a lot more of the ball, but it was all in front of them - the penalty a key moment obviously but other than that we didn’t create anything at all.

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:58 - Aug 14 with 1452 viewssidmouthblue

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:54 - Aug 14 by Bluefish

Maybe we battered them 2nd half but they must have anhilated us 1st half

Very early in the season to be getting bent out of shape but I must admit I was hoping for a bit more of a convincing start to the season but many many games still to play
Perhaps it’s just me on 21:01 - Aug 14 with 1420 viewsitfcjoe

Perhaps it’s just me on 20:58 - Aug 14 by sidmouthblue

Very early in the season to be getting bent out of shape but I must admit I was hoping for a bit more of a convincing start to the season but many many games still to play

Yep, appreciate very early and try not to worry but today felt a real backward step performance wise

Perhaps it’s just me on 21:06 - Aug 14 with 1363 viewspointofblue

Perhaps it’s just me on 21:01 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

Yep, appreciate very early and try not to worry but today felt a real backward step performance wise

Though Burton away was always going to be tougher than Morecambe and Newport at home. Someone else said it, but one positive (as we scrabble for them) is we haven't played consistently to the standard we would like to see but, based on chances, probably deserved four points and to go through in the Carabao Cup. The question is will it click, and obviously we hope it will.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Perhaps it’s just me on 21:06 - Aug 14 with 1359 viewsBluefish

Perhaps it’s just me on 21:01 - Aug 14 by itfcjoe

It wasn't a backwards step at all, we have been stepping backwards under Cook throughout. We just didn't step forward like we are waiting for

Perhaps it’s just me on 21:07 - Aug 14 with 1350 viewsTIB

Second half definitely better. Atkins had KVY in his back pocket though, little disappointed not to see KVY try and beat him more. Edwards was a breath of fresh air, causes them problems minute he came on. Sh*t result but we keep building.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024