Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: There goes Pant 11:16 - Aug 16 with 6337 viewsSteve_M

194/7. Robinson with the wicket.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 11:22]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: There goes Pant on 13:57 - Aug 16 with 837 viewsHerbivore

Cricket: There goes Pant on 13:54 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Kohli used up a couple more overs by batting for a couple after lunch too. He has no more expectation of getting into a winning position than England do.

Of course, 2 wickets in the first over or Burns and Sibley get us 50 off the first 8 overs and it is all different.

Kohli will fancy a dart at this I reckon. Our top 3 don't have it in them to counter attack and put the pressure on so Kohli can have a go at this risk free.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:01 - Aug 16 with 828 viewsgiant_stow

Speaking as a know-nothing, but keen follower, I hope we go for it. We're already in the dog house now and there's one way out - what difference would another loss make?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:03 - Aug 16 with 820 viewsHerbivore

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:01 - Aug 16 by giant_stow

Speaking as a know-nothing, but keen follower, I hope we go for it. We're already in the dog house now and there's one way out - what difference would another loss make?

We just don't have the players to go for it. Our top 3 don't really score runs at any kind of pace.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 with 816 viewsgiant_stow

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:03 - Aug 16 by Herbivore

We just don't have the players to go for it. Our top 3 don't really score runs at any kind of pace.

I'm sure you're right - just speaking hopefully!

Just seems like there's little to lose, having had that flaky draw and gone to pieces this morning.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 with 812 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We’ve got no chance of batting 60 overs on this. Our batting lineup is sh*t on a day one pitch so we’ve no chance here against the likes of bumrah with a new ball on this wicket.

One down already

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 with 809 viewsSaleAway

We are 0-0 in a 5 test series.... there won't be any risks taken, especially with this fragile batting line up. Yes, this morning was frustrating, but just because we threw away a potential win, doesn't mean we should chuck away a draw. 271 would be something like a 3rd highest ever successful run chase at lords.... so I don't think its something we should be thinking about, unless of course, we've cruised to 120-0 without taking any risks, which given our two openers, is not exactly likely.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 with 806 viewsgiant_stow

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 by giant_stow

I'm sure you're right - just speaking hopefully!

Just seems like there's little to lose, having had that flaky draw and gone to pieces this morning.

oh gawd. one down already.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:06 - Aug 16 with 799 viewsSaleAway

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 by SaleAway

We are 0-0 in a 5 test series.... there won't be any risks taken, especially with this fragile batting line up. Yes, this morning was frustrating, but just because we threw away a potential win, doesn't mean we should chuck away a draw. 271 would be something like a 3rd highest ever successful run chase at lords.... so I don't think its something we should be thinking about, unless of course, we've cruised to 120-0 without taking any risks, which given our two openers, is not exactly likely.

ah yes, in the time I wrote that, first wicket gone....

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:07 - Aug 16 with 797 viewsgiant_stow

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:05 - Aug 16 by SaleAway

Looks like facts are already suggesting I should have kept out of this thread!

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:08 - Aug 16 with 785 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"what difference would another loss make?" That isn't the way test cricket is played. We are level in the series. No way we go gung-ho and lose. It will be ultra defensive from us now we have lost a wicket.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 755 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:08 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

"what difference would another loss make?" That isn't the way test cricket is played. We are level in the series. No way we go gung-ho and lose. It will be ultra defensive from us now we have lost a wicket.

And now Sibley gone. Another blob. Our top order is so utterly poor.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 752 viewsjimsymBLUE

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:08 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are absolutely bobbins. 2 down....I have absolutely no clue who replaces the top order but jeez they cant do any worse!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 752 viewsITFC_RDM

This could get very embarrassing, very quickly!
Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 752 viewsReuser_is_God

Fcuk me

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 with 754 viewsSteve_M

Absolutely fked this since 11:30, left India really fired up with a score they can defend.

FFS.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:13 - Aug 16 with 731 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 by gainsboroughblue

And now Sibley gone. Another blob. Our top order is so utterly poor.

At least we are not relying on Hameed!

Sorry for calling that draw. Herbivore I bow to your superior knowledge. Can we make it to tea and hope for rain?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:13 - Aug 16 with 723 viewsartsbossbeard

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Absolutely fked this since 11:30, left India really fired up with a score they can defend.

FFS.

*does rain dance*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:14 - Aug 16 with 719 viewsHerbivore

It's pretty depressing that we have no test class openers in England right now.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:15 - Aug 16 with 707 viewsPinewoodblue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:12 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

FFS.

India aren’t exactly On the defensive. Root might just well have opened, with Bairstow, for all the good out top three contribute.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:15 - Aug 16 with 701 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:13 - Aug 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

At least we are not relying on Hameed!

Sorry for calling that draw. Herbivore I bow to your superior knowledge. Can we make it to tea and hope for rain?

Down to Root and extras.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:15 - Aug 16 with 696 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:14 - Aug 16 by Herbivore

It's pretty depressing that we have no test class openers in England right now.

Burns is so frustrating.

Looks capable one day then awful the next.

Dom Sibley is absolutely terrible.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:20 - Aug 16 with 662 viewsHerbivore

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:15 - Aug 16 by Reuser_is_God

Burns is so frustrating.

I just don't think Burns is good enough. Rubbish at least three quarters of the time then pulls out a scratchy knock to save himself. Sibley I agree is just utter dogsh!t, he only has one shot and even that he often doesn't play well.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:23 - Aug 16 with 638 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:15 - Aug 16 by Reuser_is_God

Burns is so frustrating.

And yet those two are the only two openers who have even been able to semi-establish themselves since Strauss retired on 2012.

TBF to SIbley here, that was a great ball from Shami. Would have beaten better batsmen than him.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:28 - Aug 16 with 605 viewsSaleAway

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:23 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

And yet those two are the only two openers who have even been able to semi-establish themselves since Strauss retired on 2012.

TBF to SIbley here, that was a great ball from Shami. Would have beaten better batsmen than him.

The problem for Sibley, is not getting out to the good balls, early, like today. Its getting out for 30 having seen off the new ball. People accept that openers don't always succeed, but if you do see off the new ball, you then need to cash in, and he doesn't appear capable of doing that, as he doesn't have any scoring shots, so he never alleviates the pressure that builds up.

Cricket: There goes Pant on 14:29 - Aug 16 with 593 viewsITFC_RDM

Should be 3 down. pretty simple catch that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024