Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fan base 12:11 - Aug 18 with 7999 viewsBelsteadCav

I honestly think it’s now one of the worst in the country

I couldn’t believe some of the comments on Twitter last night, worse than hurst, cook out, it’s time to go!

It’s just embarrassing. Saturday will be a horrible atmosphere, I just know it.

We used to have one of the best fan bases around, but we are a shadow of our former selves. If we go behind on Saturday, God help us

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Our fan base on 20:17 - Aug 18 with 619 viewstimothyeo

Jesus wept this forum..

"Best football in a decade" = losing to Cheltenham in League one.

The amount of fans bending over backwards to absolve Cook of all responsibility is bizarre.

All ill say is if it does go wrong I hope none of these posters accuse the owners of slow action etc or bemoan the 'luck' of ITFC when you put managers who have done absolutely zero for us on a pedestal
Our fan base on 20:22 - Aug 18 with 609 viewsTractorWood

Our fan base on 20:17 - Aug 18 by timothyeo

Jesus wept this forum..

"Best football in a decade" = losing to Cheltenham in League one.

The amount of fans bending over backwards to absolve Cook of all responsibility is bizarre.

All ill say is if it does go wrong I hope none of these posters accuse the owners of slow action etc or bemoan the 'luck' of ITFC when you put managers who have done absolutely zero for us on a pedestal

20 games and 4 wins. It's not gone well so far.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Our fans have a glass jaw.... on 21:14 - Aug 18 with 562 viewspatrickswell

Our fans have a glass jaw.... on 15:36 - Aug 18 by unstableblue

... we've lost all confidence in our club and team

Probably quite rightly, given what we've subjected to.

Its a fact that our fans were poor against Morecombe is a fact - funnily they were better against Newport, where there was kind of nothing to lose.

But following a rapturous welcome onto the pitch, but once the team didn't immediatly score and pepper the opposition goal, its slowly dimmed, then they score and we hit the canvas.... out of it. We didn't even really rally after the goal..

Now twitter and alike are awash with huge negativity to Cook, the project, our state.

It will all channel through to the players and atmosphere on Saturday, the MK Dons coaches (ex-Ipswich to boot with a point to prove) will just be chipping the players to go hard and fast first to put us on the back foot - a right hook to our glass jaw and the stand will go silent.

So its down to the players to stand up and the manager to fire up and set-up.

I'm already not confident.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

It's a lot of pages to read through, but I think this is pretty much spot on in terms of diagnosing the mood of the fans over a long period of time, and why they have become the way that the OP describes them. It hasn't happened in a vacuum. It's been a process of sustained disappointment, failure and mediocrity labelled out pretty much continuously since the 2008/09 season with only the best years of the McCarthy era and at a push the start of 2019/20 to alleviate it.

This is the 3rd "new dawn" that we've witnessed in the last 12 years after Keane's arrival in 2009 and Hurst's in 2018. Both of those saw initial promising signs fail to deliver results and we had to wait until October in both cases to register a league win. And when those wins came, neither of them heralded a charge up the table. The fans have seen this movie twice before and you can't blame them for throwing popcorn at the screen because the title sequence is showing more of the same, at a lower level of football.

For myself, as I said, I feel rock bottom has been reached in a sense with last night's result and the near thing against Morecambe and going out of the cup to Newport reserves. There are no more embarrasments to plumb in upcoming games which may just relax the team enough to do something.
Our fan base on 23:04 - Aug 18 with 503 views_sanctimoanious_

Our fan base on 18:02 - Aug 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Brendan Rodgers never finished 8th at Liverpool

Ah crap, please accept a million apologies. 7th.
Our fan base on 11:21 - Aug 19 with 413 viewsthegloryyears

Our fan base on 12:17 - Aug 18 by RedX

It has creeped in over the years due to neglect of the club/team from Evans. It really is a pity as we have something good going here, and it's about to take off. Putting pressure on a man after 3 league games is absolutely shocking.

Some of it also comes from the Sky Sports era attitude. Change, change, change, if things aren't going your way quick enough.

Some of the greatest managers in the game had very slow starts at their clubs. Some of them would never have been known if they were managing in the modern game.

We have something good going on here...
what losing to Burton and Cheltenham and getting a point against a tiny seaside town...
yes it cant get any better...!
Our fan base on 12:13 - Aug 19 with 387 viewsElephantintheRoom

It was ever thus. All you have to do is listen to the away 'support' at away games to realise it is far from something restricted to social media - but is deeply ingrained in those who attach themselves to the club..

There is also a curious need to constantly abuse one player - occasionally, it's someone like Graham Harbey from outside the club - but more often than not it is a home grown player - and usually a defender who gets the treatment currently being enjoyed by Lankaster.

The vile abuse can be somewhat amusing - an abiding memory many years ago is George Santos at Cardiff, subject to a constant stream of screamed foul expletives - and then he scored - resulting in riotous celebrations from the serial abusers with no sense of irony at all

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Our fan base on 15:49 - Aug 20 with 325 viewsjayessess

Our fan base on 18:26 - Aug 18 by Kropotkin123

(b) three league games and one largely youth team game.

(c) Already gave the Burley example, but this doesn't count because people want to make up new clauses, because it doesn't fit the point they are failing to make.

Expectations or not, his first season was a disaster. 9-0 loss to Man Utd is the biggest Premier League loss to date. We didn't score for a club record amount of time.

Just thought of an example that does fit (better than Burley IMO)... Daniel Farke...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024