Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? 20:25 - Aug 19 with 6440 viewsPippin1970

8 or 9 for myself, late 70s , then obviously those 3 yrs when we dominates under Robson. Living up in Yorkshire at time with mainly Leeds fans at school.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:29 - Aug 19 with 1905 viewsHciwspi

I was six and it was May 1978! I guess I could be accused of being a glory hunter? 😜
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 22:30]
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:44 - Aug 19 with 1871 viewsVic

7 or 8 I reckon, late 60’s. My first game at PR was v Wolves sometime late 60’s I think we lost 0:1 and I think Derek Dougan scored. But I have searched but can’t find this anywhere so must have got the scorer wrong!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:49 - Aug 19 with 1865 viewsSuperblue95

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/4537642.stm

10. Start as you mean to go on and all that. Been a pretty miserable 16 years

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:52 - Aug 19 with 1862 viewsBlue_Order

First game was 1995 in the Anglo-Italian Cup when I was 8. Became a proper fan in ‘97, just as David Johnson signed. He was my first ITFC hero.

My stepdad was a Rangers fan so he’d take me up to Ibrox with him back then, and my mum would take me to Portman Road. Started going to less Rangers games and more Ipswich as I got older.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:56 - Aug 19 with 1854 viewsgtsb1966

I started supporting when I was 7 years old in 1973. My first live game was Carlisle at home on the 30th November 1974 . We won 3-1.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:59 - Aug 19 with 1846 viewsLord_Lucan

About 1976 when I was 11 and my family very unfairly moved to Silly Suffolk

I think my first game might have been Derby at home.

My first ever football game I attended was funnily enough West Ham v Ipswich around 1973
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 22:01]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 22:33 - Aug 19 with 1789 viewsjaykay

1957 when i was 8. my uncle took me to see ipswich v notts county and we lost two one

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 22:45 - Aug 19 with 1787 viewsArnieM

11yrs old …. And that was wasaaay back in the Neolithic period, when dinosaurs roamed the land , and Defoe Rd was a cul de sac at the Thurleston school! The year - 1969! I was actually a Liverpool fan , then I saw the light , and was converted . 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 23:05 - Aug 19 with 1772 viewsChurchman

I played it as long as I can remember, but I began to get interested in ‘proper’ football at I guess about 7 years old, though there wasn’t much on tv apart from Match of the Week and the Cup Final, until I was old enough to see MOTD. I was 8 when I saw my first game and was totally hooked from there on in. I wasn’t given a choice in who I supported. Oh well…
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 07:07 - Aug 20 with 1672 viewssolomon

7 years old, early 70’s
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 07:43 - Aug 20 with 1652 viewsKieran_Knows

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 22:45 - Aug 19 by ArnieM

11yrs old …. And that was wasaaay back in the Neolithic period, when dinosaurs roamed the land , and Defoe Rd was a cul de sac at the Thurleston school! The year - 1969! I was actually a Liverpool fan , then I saw the light , and was converted . 👍

Crofts boy Arnie?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 07:50 - Aug 20 with 1643 viewsBeattie78

7 years old. First game in Feb 1958, two days after the Munich air crash. 2-2 draw against Derby. Within 4 years we were champions of England. Glory hunter!

LexdenBlue62

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 08:04 - Aug 20 with 1638 viewsSaleAway

About 20... As a kid in a non-footbally family, I was ostensibly a Liverpool fan for my childhood ( in a glory hunting type way), but never really felt a connection. Moved to Ipswich to work at BT during my degree ( 1998), and started going to games for something to do... an early peak, and then its been downhill ever since!

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 08:05 - Aug 20 with 1634 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Aged 45 just before Magilton was sacked....been living the dream ever since. Do I win a prize?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 08:09 - Aug 20 with 1627 viewsDanTheMan

Probably around 8ish when I could appreciate it a bit more.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 08:10 - Aug 20 with 1625 viewsellerblue

I was 6 years old first match in 1957, with my father and 3 uncles all town mad, stood on wooden stool in the chicken run, seen the good times and the bad times, it is in my blood and tattoed on my arm and always proud to be a town fan.

Heinsberg Blue

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 08:38 - Aug 20 with 1601 viewsmuccletonjoe

13 it was 1973 , I was living in Norfolk , so didn't really have any other choice.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 08:44 - Aug 20 with 1594 viewsIpswichKnight

Around 5 in 81, living in the West Midlands we did have season tickets for Villa but Dad had been following Town since he got married and moved to Colchester in 73 ( picked the right time to start following Ipswich! ). I was the only Town fan at school when we moved to S.E. London in 83 remember going to all the Town away games in the South East.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 09:35 - Aug 20 with 1559 viewsDJR

I started supporting Ipswich when I was 8, having moved there when I was 7, but I couldn't persuade my father to take me until I was 9. My first game was Ipswich v Sunderland on 4 April 1969, a one nil win. I even got to see Ray Crawford play in his testimonial game at the end of that season.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 09:47 - Aug 20 with 1546 viewsBlueBadger

5 or 6. My dad took me a few times to see Sir Bobby's team playing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 10:07 - Aug 20 with 1522 viewsbobwya

In 1952 when I was 7 Can't remember who against- my memory's not brilliant these ďayß!
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 10:23 - Aug 20 with 1503 viewsPiercingBlue

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 10:30 - Aug 20 with 1500 viewsBluespeed225

Loved the name John O’Rourke as a kid, so Dad would update me on things, then he took me, April 72’, lost to Sheffield Utd, hooked. PR, apart from my Aunts house on Chantry where’s she lived since 56’, is the longest connection in my life.
How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 11:00 - Aug 20 with 1470 viewsArnieM

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 07:43 - Aug 20 by Kieran_Knows

Crofts boy Arnie?

Nope, I used to live in the flats right next to the school in Defoe Rd …. I Was alway late for school too lol !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 11:09 - Aug 20 with 1456 viewslongtimefan

How old were you when you started supporting Ipswich? on 21:18 - Aug 19 by blueislander

Viljoen hat-Rick ?

Only two. As I recall, one was a penalty and one a header from a corner. Whymark and Clarke also scored
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024