Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) 12:18 - Aug 20 with 10435 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 20 with 1645 viewsBluefish

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:53 - Aug 20 by WilbrahamBlue

How will you cope Bluefish.....

...if these penalties aren't missed.
...if Bonne uses his head on the line.
...if these 60 minute periods of serious promise turns into 90.
...when these talented/highly desired players (from our direct rivals and even the league above) play together more and develop an improved understanding of each other.
...when we start to climb the table, score some goals and win some games...

I'm genuinely intrigued as to your angle when the inevitable upturn in results starts to manifest...

Would you have it within yourself to get onboard with change?

I'll be delighted and jump around like a lunatic. Some of you are really weird that you don't grasp that.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:01 - Aug 20 with 1642 viewsChurchman

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:39 - Aug 20 by Vic

Would it be a disaster though! Certainly not good, but the CEO, chairman and Owners have all at time said that the goal is promotion ASAP, either this season or next so I’m not sure it’s promotion or bust for them. I suspect a sustained push in the P/O’s would just about be enough to keep him on. But anything less will see him gone pretty sharpish. I reckon if we’re not looking like having a push for the PO’s by November his cards will,be marked and we’ll have a new manager before the January window.

That said, I still expect PC to get this show on the road.

No, kicking him out wouldn’t be a disaster. The most important thing is getting the club right and they’ve made progress in that. It would be a set back though. I agree with Vic’s view that a sustained push to the playoffs would see him retained - progress, in other words. I think they will do that in time. He has a good track record. If they are looking an off the pace shambles still at the end of October, he’ll be gone.

He needs support and to be judged on this season, not last. It’s his team now and he’s fully accountable. Without going over old ground, the circumstances when he was appointed were unusual to say the least.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:18]
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:02 - Aug 20 with 1640 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:38 - Aug 20 by WilbrahamBlue

We cant afford NOT to give him this season, unless something has to go stratospherically wrong over the next 2 months.

Like someone coming in mid-season needing to get to know the team and players is far less risky?

He's been given the tools now we need to let him live or die on his sword. Top six is the realistic minimum for Cook by Christmas wouldn't you agree? and if we have developed a consistent playing style, score some goals and have become more cohesive there's the platform to go on surely?

Of course we can afford not to give him the season and you seem to agree that if by Christmas we're not meeting expectations then he should go. Based on what you've said, if come Christmas we're bottom 6 and performances aren't improving, surely he'd have to go?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:05 - Aug 20 with 1631 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 20 by Bluefish

I'll be delighted and jump around like a lunatic. Some of you are really weird that you don't grasp that.

Looking forward to the video evidence......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:09 - Aug 20 with 1623 viewsBloomBlue

I do rate him and I'm sure it will come good.

If I had one concern every manager hits a brickwall eventually, so you'll see a manager who has success at other clubs and then move to another club and fails (the brickwall). Managers who remain successful throughout their career you can count on one hand.
But I really don't think that will Cook's brickwall here this season, he will get us promoted.
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:15 - Aug 20 with 1612 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:28 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Would you have given Hurst the full season?

Would you have given Robson or Burley a full season?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:16 - Aug 20 with 1611 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:15 - Aug 20 by Illinoisblue

Would you have given Robson or Burley a full season?

Yes. Now can you answer my question please?

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:19 - Aug 20 with 1593 viewsLower_North

I rate him as best man for the job at the mo. Ask the question again in 2 months time.

Think about it, bin him and you who you going to get in? Don't tell me Eddie bloody Howe.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:20 - Aug 20 with 1590 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 14:13 - Aug 20 by Pendejo

So far, no.

We should have stumbled into play offs last season, end of season form so bad but only missed out by very few points. A man of his reputation should have been able to achieve that.

Now with multiple signings there's no immediate sign of progress, before anyone mentions gelling... Exhibit X - Morecambe, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday

Do you genuinely see no signs of progress at all? serious question.

the 180 degree upturn in the quality of the players we have signed? the first 60 minutes of the very last game we played? Going behind twice and coming back in the first game with a new 11 v Morecombe? The incisive interchange between Chaplin and Fraser for Frasers goal that literally NEVER happened under Lambert? Players celebrating goals together, rather than turning round/head down walking back to the centre circle? Young vibrant players with personality and skill?

Things are very different now and the potential for progress is staggeringly different to 2020, why are more Ipswich fans not using this change to creep out of their incessantly pessimistic ways and jump on for the ride?

If you compare club progress solely on points after 5% of the season you're a lost cause.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:36]
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:29 - Aug 20 with 1547 views_sanctimoanious_

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 20 by Bluefish

so you're not prepared to support the team in getting better but jump on the bandwagon when we ARE better? Just seeing where you're at.
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 1545 viewsjayessess

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:29 - Aug 20 by _sanctimoanious_

so you're not prepared to support the team in getting better but jump on the bandwagon when we ARE better? Just seeing where you're at.

Is it jumping on the bandwagon to support the team in the stadium, but moan about bad results on here?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:31]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:41 - Aug 20 with 1517 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:31 - Aug 20 by jayessess

Is it jumping on the bandwagon to support the team in the stadium, but moan about bad results on here?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 16:31]

less bandwagon... more weird?
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 1509 viewsnorfsufblue

My only criticism would be that we should have made sure we won that Newport game with a unchanged side as far as possible . The quicker you get a win the better and I view this as an opportunity lost but still with him for a good while yet
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:50 - Aug 20 with 1507 viewsbobbyramsey

I can't believe I'm actually reading this fukin crap after three league games.

The state of you lot, how old are you?
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:51 - Aug 20 with 1505 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:41 - Aug 20 by WilbrahamBlue

How is that weird? You can support the team for 90 minutes at the game but still be critical when discussing the performance on here. Nothing weird about it.

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:54 - Aug 20 with 1501 viewscressi

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:37 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

When Lambert left, and for a few months before there were 2 outstanding candidates for the job that were unemployed and within reach and that was Paul Cook and Danny Cowley for me - I personally preferred Cowley, but I couldn't really argue against those with Cook - but they were very much 1a and 1b.

The first choice was Michael Appleton, and with the way we've recruited this summer, I don't think it's too much to think that had we had the takeover earlier they'd have agressively pursued him and likely got him - but wasn't to be.

It's very difficult re patience - we assume the Americans won't be, but Ashton was incredibly patient with Lee Johnson - and the recruitment has been done for Paul Cook, on long contracts and we've gone all in backing him.....we need him to succeed, and so does Ashton

I think the club will be patient, I think he'll have to totally fail - and I don't see that happening - but none of us know how the new regime will be

Maybe when we have two settled centre backs and kvy gets up to speed we will get lift off very impressed with Burgess a real centre half big tough and orrible
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:57 - Aug 20 with 1495 views_sanctimoanious_

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:16 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

In hindsight it probably would've been a slightly better option.
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:02 - Aug 20 with 1477 viewsHerbivore

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:50 - Aug 20 by bobbyramsey

I can't believe I'm actually reading this fukin crap after three league games.

The state of you lot, how old are you?

96 years young.

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:06 - Aug 20 with 1472 viewsjayessess

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:41 - Aug 20 by WilbrahamBlue

Why is it weird? I want us to win, so I offer as much support as I can when it matters. What we say on here doesn't matter, so I don't feel obliged to withhold criticism.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:17 - Aug 20 with 1445 viewslegoman

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 13:50 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

The squad had just picked up 10 points in 4 games against fellow top 8-9 clubs - it's not right to say they'd checked out.

Lambert taking the backward step and Gill picking the team had lifted the spirits - we'd gone from boring passive passing football to a more direct game and had picked up results.

Fluke results!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:23 - Aug 20 with 1434 viewsBluefish

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:29 - Aug 20 by _sanctimoanious_

You are really weird. I am struggling to follow what you are making up

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:24 - Aug 20 with 1432 viewsBluefish

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:51 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

How is that weird? You can support the team for 90 minutes at the game but still be critical when discussing the performance on here. Nothing weird about it.

Quite

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 20 with 1427 views_sanctimoanious_

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:23 - Aug 20 by Bluefish

You are really weird. I am struggling to follow what you are making up

Aaaaaaaah you’re one of those guys! I get it now, sorry pal!
Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:31 - Aug 20 with 1419 viewsBluefish

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 20 by _sanctimoanious_

Aaaaaaaah you’re one of those guys! I get it now, sorry pal!

Cool. I'm pleased

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 17:32 - Aug 20 with 1419 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone on here NOT rate Paul Cook? (n/t) on 16:16 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

With hindsight, yes, as it makes no sense to back a manager with new players and then not give him chance to work with them

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024