Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky 21:06 - Aug 21 with 2367 viewsbilllm

Think he's no better than any other keeper we've had recently, lot of errors,
Hladky on 21:09 - Aug 21 with 2345 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Did the rest of our keepers have three games to prove themselves?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Hladky on 21:14 - Aug 21 with 2300 viewsWD19

Hladky on 21:09 - Aug 21 by JammyDodgerrr

Every keeper we have had in the past 20 years has deteriorated the longer they have been at the club.
His distribution is better.... on 21:16 - Aug 21 with 2284 viewsBloots

...than any of our recent keepers, but apart from that he currently looks as average as the rest of them.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

His distribution is better.... on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 2267 viewsSteve_M

His distribution is better.... on 21:16 - Aug 21 by Bloots

...than any of our recent keepers, but apart from that he currently looks as average as the rest of them.

That bit has at least made us one goal, should have been two. Obviously just having to hit the target to score isn’t great mind.

That said thought he made a decent block when they cut through on our right in the second half.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hladky on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 2260 viewsHighgateBlue

Hladky on 21:14 - Aug 21 by WD19

Every keeper we have had in the past 20 years has deteriorated the longer they have been at the club.

Apart from the ones we allowed to leave in order to be nice to them: Neil Alexander, Bart. I'm sure there must have been a good reason in each case. Probably.
His distribution is better.... on 21:19 - Aug 21 with 2237 viewsHighgateBlue

His distribution is better.... on 21:16 - Aug 21 by Bloots

He should certainly be given longer to prove himself, but I would suggest that so far he has looked worse than most, and overall poor given how few saves he has been called upon to make.
Hladky on 00:07 - Aug 22 with 1921 viewsReusersTown

Nothing like giving him a chance hey?
Hladky on 08:15 - Aug 22 with 1692 viewsHerbivore

He's got to be saving that free kick. That was really poor from him. It's early days but I'm yet to be sold on him. He just doesn't look convincing. Hopefully that will change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky on 08:29 - Aug 22 with 1652 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hladky on 08:15 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

He's got to be saving that free kick. That was really poor from him. It's early days but I'm yet to be sold on him. He just doesn't look convincing. Hopefully that will change.

He came with a very good reputation and was sought after by a few clubs, but he has failed to impress so far.

Definitely at fault with the free kick and hasn’t looked at all commanding.

That said, after going 3 1/2 fames without making a save he has pulled a few good ones off so hopefully his confidence will grow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky on 08:41 - Aug 22 with 1618 viewswkj

I honestly think he is on par with Holy based on his first few games. Hopefully, it improves, otherwise, we may have to rethink this position sooner rather than later.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hladky on 08:49 - Aug 22 with 1594 viewsHerbivore

Hladky on 08:29 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

He came with a very good reputation and was sought after by a few clubs, but he has failed to impress so far.

Definitely at fault with the free kick and hasn’t looked at all commanding.

That said, after going 3 1/2 fames without making a save he has pulled a few good ones off so hopefully his confidence will grow.

He was very highly rated at Salford, so there is hope. I wonder if the pressure and expectation of playing for a much bigger club is weighing on him. It's also quite a different gig playing in goal and only being called on a few times a game. You don't have loads of work but what you do have you need to do well, it takes a lot of concentration. Goalkeeping is probably an easier gig in a struggling side, you're in the game a lot more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hladky on 08:52 - Aug 22 with 1581 viewschrismakin

Hladky on 08:49 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

He was very highly rated at Salford, so there is hope. I wonder if the pressure and expectation of playing for a much bigger club is weighing on him. It's also quite a different gig playing in goal and only being called on a few times a game. You don't have loads of work but what you do have you need to do well, it takes a lot of concentration. Goalkeeping is probably an easier gig in a struggling side, you're in the game a lot more.

And this is why the boooing shouldn't be happening

you've got young players, some playing higher up, some coming down, some just getting used to their surroundings.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Hladky on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 1447 viewsDurovigutum

I noticed that his ball gathering style makes him look clumsy - he keeps his bum high in the air and as he gathers the ball it makes it appear to take longer than it does. His claiming of crosses was good and the second half save when he'd been dropped in it by another lapse midfield pass was very good. He is better than Holy, but how much is yet to be confirmed.
Hladky on 10:12 - Aug 22 with 1431 viewsWD19

Hladky on 10:07 - Aug 22 by Durovigutum

I noticed that his ball gathering style makes him look clumsy - he keeps his bum high in the air and as he gathers the ball it makes it appear to take longer than it does. His claiming of crosses was good and the second half save when he'd been dropped in it by another lapse midfield pass was very good. He is better than Holy, but how much is yet to be confirmed.

He is a much better footballer, which in turn will help the team function better….but as a pure goalkeeper he has so far been less good than Holy at his best.

That said, Holy has not been at his best for a while and changing keepers would damage confidence further. Both of them look like they would benefit from a sports psychologist.
Hladky on 15:17 - Aug 22 with 1272 viewsArnieM

Seems the whole squad and the manager have had only 3 games to prove themselves according to some fans .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hladky on 15:23 - Aug 22 with 1250 viewsSkip_Intro

Hladky on 21:14 - Aug 21 by WD19

strange that isn't it given how 'supportive' so many of our fans are...
Hladky on 15:25 - Aug 22 with 1241 viewsjayessess

Hladky on 08:52 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

And this is why the boooing shouldn't be happening

you've got young players, some playing higher up, some coming down, some just getting used to their surroundings.

To a point? In an ideal world we have the most supportive fanbase in the world, who are nothing but encouraging 100% of the time. In the real world our crowd are going to get frustrated like any other. Football isn't played in sterile conditions, if your ability stops working because you're under pressure then it isn't real ability.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hladky on 18:54 - Aug 22 with 1067 viewsBonchosBicycle

Hladky on 15:25 - Aug 22 by jayessess

To a point? In an ideal world we have the most supportive fanbase in the world, who are nothing but encouraging 100% of the time. In the real world our crowd are going to get frustrated like any other. Football isn't played in sterile conditions, if your ability stops working because you're under pressure then it isn't real ability.

Hladky looks a slight upgrade on Holy. Better with his feet for sure. Watching the Charlton highlights from yesterday though, I wish we'd signed MacGillivray. Stopped that being embarrassing.
Hladky on 19:33 - Aug 22 with 1023 views3_5_2

be interesting to see what people said about Bart early on with us, same I am sure with our fan base

Went on to be a fantastic keeper for us and player of the year last 2 seasons I think at Millwall, where they are hard on slackers

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024