Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobbers loan 11:35 - Aug 25 with 3456 viewsDyland

Tough one. Our best attacking player along with Edwards? But yes, inconsistent final ball and needs playing time. Worth keeping as off the bench for 25 minutes most games? Or short term loan with clause he has to start.

I'd rather he got his minutes in our team, but hey, waddafack do I know.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 11:35]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dobbers loan on 11:37 - Aug 25 with 3149 viewsMediocre_Quick

Best attacking player? Has the potential to be, but Chaplin is ahead of him
Dobbers loan on 11:40 - Aug 25 with 3130 viewshomer_123

Dobbers loan on 11:37 - Aug 25 by Mediocre_Quick

Do you think that Chaplin is ahead of Dobra? Not sure there is actually that much in it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dobbers loan on 11:41 - Aug 25 with 3124 viewsDyland

Dobbers loan on 11:37 - Aug 25 by Mediocre_Quick

Aye. Dobra and Edwards. Imho.

Dobbers loan on 11:48 - Aug 25 with 3077 viewsMediocre_Quick

Dobbers loan on 11:40 - Aug 25 by homer_123

Do you think that Chaplin is ahead of Dobra? Not sure there is actually that much in it.

Watching Chaplin and how he plays and has played, and that he's been playing regularly for fairly decent teams since he was 18, I'd say he edges Dobra, but Dobra 100% has the potential to be another stand out star for us
Dobbers loan on 11:52 - Aug 25 with 3050 viewsSitfcB

Was disappointed with him on Saturday, didn’t make an impact.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dobbers loan on 11:53 - Aug 25 with 3044 viewsjayessess

I think 20 consecutive games for another L1 club will be better for his development at this stage. It's pretty clear he's not going to start regularly for Cook at the moment.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dobbers loan on 12:02 - Aug 25 with 3011 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just season-long loans now or can he be loaned until January/loaned from January?

I think two of Fraser, Edwards, Chaplin, Barry and even Aluko would be more likely to start over the next months. And the bench or FLT matches may be not enough for Dobra.

So a few months loan may make sense and get him back for when injuries may be a factor. Alternatively, let him fight for his place now and if he’s not getting chances send him out in January.

But I’d rather not see a season-long loan at all. For me, Dobra is too close to being a valuable player fo us now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dobbers loan on 12:04 - Aug 25 with 2999 viewsSimonds92

Best attacking player? Lol.
Plenty of opportunities to impress in league 1 and force his way in to the team consistently and he's never done it. I'm not writing him off completely, playing regularly should hopefully improve him but the hype for the guy is ridiculous.
Login to get fewer ads

Dobbers loan on 12:08 - Aug 25 with 2955 viewsjayessess

Dobbers loan on 12:02 - Aug 25 by Darth_Koont

Is it just season-long loans now or can he be loaned until January/loaned from January?

I think two of Fraser, Edwards, Chaplin, Barry and even Aluko would be more likely to start over the next months. And the bench or FLT matches may be not enough for Dobra.

So a few months loan may make sense and get him back for when injuries may be a factor. Alternatively, let him fight for his place now and if he’s not getting chances send him out in January.

But I’d rather not see a season-long loan at all. For me, Dobra is too close to being a valuable player fo us now.

The rule for loans is just that you can only move clubs during transfer windows. September to January is perfectly possible.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dobbers loan on 12:09 - Aug 25 with 2938 viewsIllinoisblue

Dobbers loan on 12:04 - Aug 25 by Simonds92

Plenty of opportunities to impress in league 1 and force his way in to the team consistently and he's never done it. I'm not writing him off completely, playing regularly should hopefully improve him but the hype for the guy is ridiculous.

Has he ever been given a run of games to show what he can do?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dobbers loan on 12:28 - Aug 25 with 2859 viewsDyland

Dobbers loan on 12:04 - Aug 25 by Simonds92

I don't know what more he needed to do. I mean before the new squad. He was consistently a stand out player under Lambert.

Dobbers loan on 12:34 - Aug 25 with 2838 viewsMediocre_Quick

Dobbers loan on 12:28 - Aug 25 by Dyland

I don't know what more he needed to do. I mean before the new squad. He was consistently a stand out player under Lambert.

It wasn't hard to stand out amongst that sh*te we had though
Dobbers loan on 12:45 - Aug 25 with 2786 viewsDarth_Koont

Dobbers loan on 12:08 - Aug 25 by jayessess

The rule for loans is just that you can only move clubs during transfer windows. September to January is perfectly possible.

Cheers for that. Hoped that was the case but always assume I don’t know the latest regulations.

I think a half-season loan would work now or later. Probably now because we’ve got so many other players we need to look at.

Pronouns: He/Him

Dobbers loan on 12:57 - Aug 25 with 2727 viewsBluefish

I wouldn't loan him out, I've seen more from him this season than most of the others and I've seen enough in previous seasons too. The issue however is the fact we have signed so many other players so we might have to loan him out if the new lots automatically get to be ahead of him. It seems crazy to sign so many including a young loanee and a player such as Aluko when we have Dobra already

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Dobbers loan on 13:10 - Aug 25 with 2679 viewsGavTWTD

I think his contract is up soon isn't it?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

true dat (n/t) on 13:10 - Aug 25 with 2675 viewsDyland

Dobbers loan on 12:34 - Aug 25 by Mediocre_Quick

It wasn't hard to stand out amongst that sh*te we had though

Dobbers loan on 13:10 - Aug 25 with 2672 viewstractorboy1978

Dobbers loan on 12:57 - Aug 25 by Bluefish

I wouldn't loan him out, I've seen more from him this season than most of the others and I've seen enough in previous seasons too. The issue however is the fact we have signed so many other players so we might have to loan him out if the new lots automatically get to be ahead of him. It seems crazy to sign so many including a young loanee and a player such as Aluko when we have Dobra already

Loaning Barry in to loan Dobra out is mental.
Dobbers loan on 13:11 - Aug 25 with 2666 viewsDyland

Dobbers loan on 13:10 - Aug 25 by GavTWTD

I think his contract is up soon isn't it?

Lean over and ask Phil you sausage. Or are you guys working remote?

Dobbers loan on 13:16 - Aug 25 with 2657 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobbers loan on 13:11 - Aug 25 by Dyland

Lean over and ask Phil you sausage. Or are you guys working remote?

2023 with an option for a further season.
Dobbers loan on 13:17 - Aug 25 with 2650 viewslazyblue

not nearly our best attacking player and needs to go out on loan as currently he has no end product.
I don't disagree re end product (n/t) on 13:49 - Aug 25 with 2564 viewsDyland

Dobbers loan on 13:17 - Aug 25 by lazyblue

not nearly our best attacking player and needs to go out on loan as currently he has no end product.

Dobbers loan on 13:52 - Aug 25 with 2551 viewsghostofescobar

Dobbers loan on 13:16 - Aug 25 by PhilTWTD

2023 with an option for a further season.

Is that Dobra or you and Gav working remotely?

GhostOfEscobar

Dobbers loan on 14:14 - Aug 25 with 2494 views_sanctimoanious_

Dobbers loan on 12:09 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

Has he ever been given a run of games to show what he can do?

Well if he hasn’t, how are people claiming him to be our joint best attacking player? What’s his goal and assist return to justify such glorious hype?
Dobbers loan on 14:41 - Aug 25 with 2410 viewsreusersfreekicks

Seems to be same old story, loan someone in who is no better and loan our player out. Meh from me
Dobbers loan on 14:45 - Aug 25 with 2393 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Dobbers loan on 13:10 - Aug 25 by tractorboy1978

Loaning Barry in to loan Dobra out is mental.

Not really - one is the highest rated products at a Premier League Academy and one is a highly rated youngster at a league one team. Whilst nice to blood our own, we aren't on that path anymore unless they are exceptional. A loan for Dobra to a League One club makes perfect sense IMO.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024