Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobbers loan 11:35 - Aug 25 with 3498 viewsDyland

Tough one. Our best attacking player along with Edwards? But yes, inconsistent final ball and needs playing time. Worth keeping as off the bench for 25 minutes most games? Or short term loan with clause he has to start.

I'd rather he got his minutes in our team, but hey, waddafack do I know.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 11:35]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dobbers loan on 14:55 - Aug 25 with 279 viewsjayessess

Dobbers loan on 14:45 - Aug 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Not really - one is the highest rated products at a Premier League Academy and one is a highly rated youngster at a league one team. Whilst nice to blood our own, we aren't on that path anymore unless they are exceptional. A loan for Dobra to a League One club makes perfect sense IMO.

On the basis of the 180 minutes I've seen them on the pitch together this season, I think you'd struggle to make the case that Barry's a better player right at this moment.

There's a logic that says Barry's not our player and only 18, whilst Dobra is our player and 20, therefore it suits us (and Villa) if Barry's a squad player and Dobra's playing regularly somewhere else. But I don't think you can make the case that Barry's actually performing better right now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dobbers loan on 14:56 - Aug 25 with 279 viewstractorboy1978

Dobbers loan on 14:45 - Aug 25 by JammyDodgerrr

Not really - one is the highest rated products at a Premier League Academy and one is a highly rated youngster at a league one team. Whilst nice to blood our own, we aren't on that path anymore unless they are exceptional. A loan for Dobra to a League One club makes perfect sense IMO.

He's a lad that has only just turned 18 (with only 1 first team appearance to his name) who will be raw and inconsistent. Dobra was showing signs of beginning to look far more polished in pre-season and he comfortably outshone Barry against Newport.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 14:57]
Dobbers loan on 15:05 - Aug 25 with 252 viewstractorboy1978

Dobbers loan on 14:55 - Aug 25 by jayessess

On the basis of the 180 minutes I've seen them on the pitch together this season, I think you'd struggle to make the case that Barry's a better player right at this moment.

There's a logic that says Barry's not our player and only 18, whilst Dobra is our player and 20, therefore it suits us (and Villa) if Barry's a squad player and Dobra's playing regularly somewhere else. But I don't think you can make the case that Barry's actually performing better right now.

I'm not sure just going out and playing more games necessarily makes him better either. I'd like to think we back our coaches to improve him on the training ground and mold him into the type of player that fits PC's style/team. And he can be in and around better players like Fraser and Chaplin whom can he learn off.
Dobbers loan on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 242 viewsBLUEBEAT

Dobbers loan on 11:40 - Aug 25 by homer_123

Do you think that Chaplin is ahead of Dobra? Not sure there is actually that much in it.

A centimetre. Maybe two.

Poll: W or W

Dobbers loan on 15:13 - Aug 25 with 231 viewsDyland

Dobbers loan on 14:14 - Aug 25 by _sanctimoanious_

Well if he hasn’t, how are people claiming him to be our joint best attacking player? What’s his goal and assist return to justify such glorious hype?

The only "glorious hype" here is in your post :)

I'm not making some authoritative claim, it's just an opinion. Based on his ability to beat players more than anything. I can think him and Edwards are our two best attacking players even though neither have scored. It is nuanced.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024