Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… 10:08 - Sep 17 with 2306 viewsBiGDonnie

What’s your starting 11?

Walton
KVY Woolf Edmundson Coulson
Morsey Harper
Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:10 - Sep 17 with 2011 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Walton
KVY Burgess Edmundson Coulson
Morsey Evans
Burns Celina Chaplin
Norwood

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:11 - Sep 17 with 2005 viewshype313

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:10 - Sep 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Walton
Morsey Evans
Burns Celina Chaplin
Norwood

Norwood over Bonne?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:22 - Sep 17 with 1973 viewsjayessess

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:11 - Sep 17 by hype313

Norwood over Bonne?

Even now there's this weird love for Norwood, isn't there? Literally every facet of Macauley Bonne's game is better, he's quicker, makes better runs, holds the ball up better, his finishing is a million times better. That's before you even get to Norwood's "controversial" personality.

Against West Ham I watched Norwood do his customary thing where he just air shots a perfectly decent cross, something he's done more times in his Ipswich career than I can count and thought "phew, so glad we've got better now". It's beyond me how he re-appears in these conversations.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:29 - Sep 17 with 1946 viewshype313

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:22 - Sep 17 by jayessess

Even now there's this weird love for Norwood, isn't there? Literally every facet of Macauley Bonne's game is better, he's quicker, makes better runs, holds the ball up better, his finishing is a million times better. That's before you even get to Norwood's "controversial" personality.

Against West Ham I watched Norwood do his customary thing where he just air shots a perfectly decent cross, something he's done more times in his Ipswich career than I can count and thought "phew, so glad we've got better now". It's beyond me how he re-appears in these conversations.

The thing is Norwood does have positive aspects to his game, he can actually be a threat, but ability wise he's behind Bonne for me, great asset to have coming off the bench to bully tired teams, but certainly not the main man.

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 13:33 - Sep 17 with 1820 viewshomer_123

Yeah, fantasy isn't it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:04 - Sep 17 with 1782 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:22 - Sep 17 by jayessess

A fully fit Norwood brings much more to the system and for me, would be one of the top strikers in the league. We just haven't been lucky enough to see it but he is exactly the type of striker you want in a 4-2-3-1. Bonne is great, don't get me wrong, but i would prefer him off the bench.

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:07 - Sep 17 with 1767 viewstextbackup

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:11 - Sep 17 by hype313

Norwood over Bonne?

Norwood is a bully..... that couldnt bully westham's kids the other night.

stupid fouls, poor touch.

bonne is streets ahead of him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 1754 viewshype313

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:04 - Sep 17 by JammyDodgerrr

A fully fit Norwood brings much more to the system and for me, would be one of the top strikers in the league. We just haven't been lucky enough to see it but he is exactly the type of striker you want in a 4-2-3-1. Bonne is great, don't get me wrong, but i would prefer him off the bench.

Madness, He's a far better player in my humble opinion.

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:14 - Sep 17 with 1740 viewschicoazul

Walton
Woolf
Janoi
Toto
KVY left back
Evans
Morsy
Chaplin
Fraser
Edwards
Bonne

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:51 - Sep 17 with 1701 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:09 - Sep 17 by hype313

Madness, He's a far better player in my humble opinion.

Bonne is almost certainly a better player and in the championship i would want Bonne. I just think for *this* system and where we are now, from the off Norwood would offer more.

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:56 - Sep 17 with 1684 viewshype313

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:51 - Sep 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Bonne is almost certainly a better player and in the championship i would want Bonne. I just think for *this* system and where we are now, from the off Norwood would offer more.

He's scored 4 in 5 in a team that has no functionality bridging the gap between midfield and up front, he hasn't had a number 10 to link up, yet he still scores. Once we get our midfield and number 10 sorted out and then add Celina in he will be lethal in this division.

For me Norwood is an inferior player, but can add some bite in the last 20.

Oh and Bonne is one of our own.

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:56 - Sep 17 with 1684 viewsjayessess

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 14:51 - Sep 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Really struggle to see what you mean. In what facet of the game does Norwood offer more?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 15:48 - Sep 17 with 1642 viewspointofblue

Walton
Vincent- Young, Woolfenden, Burgess, Coulson
Carroll, Morsy
Burns, Celina, Edwards
Bonne

Substitutes: Hladky, Penney, Edmundson, Harper, Fraser, Aluko, Pigott

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 15:57 - Sep 17 with 1630 viewsPinewoodblue

Walton
Woolf Edmundson Burgess

Burns. Moray Coulson

Fraser. Celina. Edwards

Bonne

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 17:32 - Sep 17 with 1548 viewsDarth_Koont

Walton
Donacien Edmundson Burgess Coulson
Morsey Harper
Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne

Don’t get me wrong, I like KVY but wonder if we’re better balanced with Donacien and let Burns bomb ahead. Burns’s pace means we don’t need an overlapping FB, he’s proven on a few occasions already he can just as easily knock it into the space and run onto it himself.

As for the other positions Harper, Evans and Carroll look pretty equal fighting for that one place alongside Morsey but Harper looks to have the highest ceiling for that role.

And I’d love to get Fraser in there if only for his couple of passes a game that could easily turn a match. But think he’s still behind Edwards and Celina if they’re on form.

But ridiculous squad strength on paper. Hopefully we start doing something with it starting tomorrow!

Pronouns: He/Him

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 17:57 - Sep 17 with 1521 viewsDinDjarin

Walton
Morsey Carroll
Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 17:58]
Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 1506 viewsTractorFrog

GK - Walton
CB - Edmundson (admittedly haven't seen him play. If not him, then Woolfenden)
CB - Burgess
RB - Vincent-Young
LB - Coulson
CM - Morsy
CM - Harper
RM - Burns
AM - Celina
LM - Edwards
ST - Bonne

SUB - Hladky
SUB - Donacien
SUB - Penney
SUB - Evans
SUB - Fraser
SUB - Chaplin
SUB - Pigott

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 18:10 - Sep 17 with 1501 viewsParky

Walton

KVY
Edmundson
Burgess
Coulson

Morsy
Evans

Burns
Celina
Edwards

Bonne
Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 19:05 - Sep 17 with 1437 viewssuffolkpoker

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 18:10 - Sep 17 by Parky

Walton

KVY
Edmundson
Burgess
Coulson

Morsy
Evans

Burns
Celina
Edwards

Bonne

This would be my team!!

PC you can cheat and parkys team for Saturday!!!

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 23:12 - Sep 17 with 1341 viewsVic

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:10 - Sep 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Walton
Morsey Evans
Burns Celina Chaplin
Norwood

No Edwards?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 08:55 - Sep 18 with 1222 viewsStewart27

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 18:06 - Sep 17 by TractorFrog

GK - Walton
CB - Edmundson (admittedly haven't seen him play. If not him, then Woolfenden)
CB - Burgess
RB - Vincent-Young
LB - Coulson
CM - Morsy
CM - Harper
RM - Burns
AM - Celina
LM - Edwards
ST - Bonne

SUB - Hladky
SUB - Donacien
SUB - Penney
SUB - Evans
SUB - Fraser
SUB - Chaplin
SUB - Pigott

You win
Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 09:25 - Sep 18 with 1198 viewslegoman

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 15:48 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

Walton
Vincent- Young, Woolfenden, Burgess, Coulson
Carroll, Morsy
Burns, Celina, Edwards
Bonne

Substitutes: Hladky, Penney, Edmundson, Harper, Fraser, Aluko, Pigott

Norwood is way better than Piggot though imo.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 09:27 - Sep 18 with 1196 viewsPlums

I’ve just gone through this thread and everyone has picked Walton. On the basis of a really iffy debut, he’s our best keeper? I’m struggling with the logic here. We’ve seen him once, he shipped five and had a stinker but he’s first pick?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 09:33 - Sep 18 with 1189 viewspointofblue

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 09:27 - Sep 18 by Plums

I’ve just gone through this thread and everyone has picked Walton. On the basis of a really iffy debut, he’s our best keeper? I’m struggling with the logic here. We’ve seen him once, he shipped five and had a stinker but he’s first pick?

Look at his replacements though. Saying that, I’m being hypocritical to an extent because I dropped Edmundson for Woolfenden on the basis of a dire debut where he looked out of his depth. The difference is I could see improvement and development in the Woolfenden-Burgess partnership; I can’t say the same in relation to the performances of Hladky or Holy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 10:20 - Sep 18 with 1148 viewslegoman

Imagine the entire squad is fit, available and in some sort of form… on 09:27 - Sep 18 by Plums

This is very true, neither new keeper has done enough to displace Holy at the mo.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024