Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour 23:44 - Sep 21 with 6797 viewsDarth_Koont

Wow! What a sh1tshow. You have to go back to IDS to see as dysfunctional and lost an opposition as this.

The only winners are an independent Scotland. Possibly Wales and Northern Ireland too at this rate.

As bad as that sounds, not sure what else gives Westminster and our media the kick up the @rse it needs.

Pronouns: He/Him

Labour on 17:16 - Sep 22 with 823 viewsRyorry

Labour on 15:51 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

There was a new multi billion pound promise every day - topped off by the WASPI pension promise where a few days before the election they basically said they'd gift every woman in the country born between 1950 and 1960 £30k at a cost of £60bn.

It seemed mental, and looked like a plan for if they were in power for a 50 year term, not a 5 year one - taking percentages of businesses, buying back all the utilities and train franchises in a single term.

It lacked credibility - nothing to do what I was told - anyone with half a brain could see it

I still voted for them, because I couldn't stick Johnson and his cronies - but it wasn't much to shout about at the time
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 15:53]

It was discussed on here, I remember the thread. Posters that the majority (including those politically left-leaning) would consider quite well informed, intelligent & sensible were saying off their own bat (not because they'd seen it throught the prism of any media) that there were some good things in the 2019 manifesto but it was waaaay too much in too short a time, and how were Labour going to pay for all that anyway.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Labour on 17:17 - Sep 22 with 820 viewslowhouseblue

Labour on 17:11 - Sep 22 by giant_stow

Lets swap the electorate then, the bastads. Do you think the US would take them? Or maybe a correctional loan deal with the noble Nordic countries would be in order? We could take their enlightened souls and send them ourselves.

the way the electorate let corbyn down was a disgrace. he'd won the argument and he had the most popular policies but the electorate betrayed him.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour on 17:20 - Sep 22 with 804 viewsgiant_stow

Labour on 17:17 - Sep 22 by lowhouseblue

the way the electorate let corbyn down was a disgrace. he'd won the argument and he had the most popular policies but the electorate betrayed him.

Yes, I'll never forgive me or us for that - we're all scum and horribly un-Swedish.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Labour on 17:20 - Sep 22 with 802 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 16:05 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

You just totally ignore what was going on in the party between 2017 and 2019, there definitely wasn't factionalism going on there - even when people had left the party they still had their seats targetted in unwinnable constituencies just to prove a point.

But you are just so rude on here, so condescending with how you argue and belittle and I am not going to go back and forth on this because of that. We'll never agree, but your attitude about it is so pious and arrogant.

Oh please. You’re trying to tell me about Labour, politics and the country and you’re just giving me Times Radio.

For example, did you read the Labour Leaks? What did you make of it considering it and the Forde Report have barely been discussed anywhere? What do you make of the current purges against Jewish members for “antisemitism”?! What do you make of letting islamophobes like Trevor Phillips back into the party? Starter and his General Secretary riding roughshod over procedure, party democracy and even the EHRC recommendations?

This is the stuff the newspapers are barely murmuring about when all of it would have been front page with Corbyn and rehashed on Radio 4, Newsnight etc.

Labour on 17:23 - Sep 22 with 782 viewsRyorry

Labour on 17:20 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Oh please. You’re trying to tell me about Labour, politics and the country and you’re just giving me Times Radio.

For example, did you read the Labour Leaks? What did you make of it considering it and the Forde Report have barely been discussed anywhere? What do you make of the current purges against Jewish members for “antisemitism”?! What do you make of letting islamophobes like Trevor Phillips back into the party? Starter and his General Secretary riding roughshod over procedure, party democracy and even the EHRC recommendations?

This is the stuff the newspapers are barely murmuring about when all of it would have been front page with Corbyn and rehashed on Radio 4, Newsnight etc.

Listening to you is like listening to someone saying they wish we'd stuck with Hurst, his ideas were so great, who needs to actually win anything anyway.

Labour on 17:24 - Sep 22 with 780 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 15:45 - Sep 22 by hype313

"They are pretty scummy and more interested in kicking the left than kicking out the Tories"

Given they lost two elections by considerable margin do you not think that by getting rid of the people that were responsible for those losses should be purged?

They won the argument, great, on that basis we should have kept with Lambert as he was constantly saying how great things were.

I think you’ve got that @rse about face.

The Labour right were pretty blatant in their sabotage and undermining Corbyn and his message.

Labour on 17:25 - Sep 22 with 771 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:23 - Sep 22 by Ryorry

Listening to you is like listening to someone saying they wish we'd stuck with Hurst, his ideas were so great, who needs to actually win anything anyway.

No. Because I actually want to see results from politics. You seem to think it’s about platitudes.

Labour on 17:26 - Sep 22 with 755 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour on 17:17 - Sep 22 by lowhouseblue

They were duped into not voting for a Corbyn government by the Israel lobby and their untrustworthy Zionist agents like Luciana Berger and Margaret Hodge.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 17:28]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Labour on 17:27 - Sep 22 with 762 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 15:35 - Sep 22 by noggin

Denmark hasn't, they still have the Danish Krone. I agree with you otherwise.

You’re absolutely right. Brain fart and probably because trips to Denmark always seemed to involve lots of beer.

Labour on 17:29 - Sep 22 with 751 viewsRyorry

Labour on 17:25 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

No. Because I actually want to see results from politics. You seem to think it’s about platitudes.

No you don't. If you actually wanted results, you'd be supporting Starmer & doing your damndest to get the tories out instead of pontificating about your noble ideals from your pure ivory tower.

Real politics requires pragmatism & compromise - two things you've never been prepared to give even a passing nod to.

Labour on 17:32 - Sep 22 with 738 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:26 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

They were duped into not voting for a Corbyn government by the Israel lobby and their untrustworthy Zionist agents like Luciana Berger and Margaret Hodge.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 17:28]

I don’t think they’re “Zionist agents”. But the rest is true. Having people put responsibility for totally unconnected antisemitism at Corbyn’s door is pretty dodgy behaviour.

I’d actually like to know why they did it and how it feels now the spotlight of attention has slid away from them.

Labour on 17:36 - Sep 22 with 719 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:29 - Sep 22 by Ryorry

No you don't. If you actually wanted results, you'd be supporting Starmer & doing your damndest to get the tories out instead of pontificating about your noble ideals from your pure ivory tower.

Real politics requires pragmatism & compromise - two things you've never been prepared to give even a passing nod to.

Haha! Yes, sorry this is the grown ups now, right?

I can say Labour are sh/t and the Tories are a bit sh/tter, and neither are fit for purpose. To pretend otherwise, encourages more of the same and a much poorer deal for the people in this country.

Labour on 17:44 - Sep 22 with 706 viewsRyorry

Labour on 17:36 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Haha! Yes, sorry this is the grown ups now, right?

I can say Labour are sh/t and the Tories are a bit sh/tter, and neither are fit for purpose. To pretend otherwise, encourages more of the same and a much poorer deal for the people in this country.

The fact that you won't countenance Labour as they are right now simply to GTTO & for them to then work from there to improve things for the country, puts you firmly in the non-grown ups camp.

Labour on 17:46 - Sep 22 with 705 viewsnoggin

Labour on 17:11 - Sep 22 by giant_stow

Lets swap the electorate then, the bastads. Do you think the US would take them? Or maybe a correctional loan deal with the noble Nordic countries would be in order? We could take their enlightened souls and send them ourselves.

We don't want you righties over here, we care about each other.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Labour on 17:46 - Sep 22 with 705 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:13 - Sep 22 by positivity

i've been a labour member since before "new labour", and corbyn's leadership has put us back decades.

i like him as a man, and i like the majority of his policies, but his leadership style was disastrous and has stained our reputation for so many people. to use an itfc comparison, it was like leaving hurst and doig in charge for 2 full seasons despite consecutive relegations

starmer's a lot better, but has no chance with the current media, i'm not sure anyone would.

he is, however, sweeping a lot of the previous regime's toxicity away and the next person should benefit from this

Sorry, but that’s mostly nonsense.

The fabricated smears, lies and unthinkingly repeated narrative against Corbyn were beyond anything I’ve ever seen in British public life.

And what “toxicity” was swept away? People who supported Palestine?! I think you really need to read the Labour leaks and hear from the other side before you talk about toxicity and indeed leadership style given what was going on within HQ and the Labour PLP.

Labour on 17:47 - Sep 22 with 699 viewsJ2BLUE

Labour on 00:16 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Not sure what polling you’re looking at but it’s on a knife-edge – even before campaigning where the Yes campaign came from a long, long way back last time.

And what’s going to be the Unionist campaign this time after the last one has been comprehensively dismantled by reality?

Stop ducking the underlying issues, get your house in order and you might have a chance.

Stop ducking the underlying issues, get your house in order and you might have a chance.

What does this even mean? I'd like Scotland to leave. Can't go the next 50 years with you threatening to leave every few years to get more money thrown at you.

I'm sure after the initial teething issues Scotland would succeed. Might need to choose between free movement with the EU and free movement with the UK though. Good luck with that one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour on 17:48 - Sep 22 with 697 viewsnoggin

Labour on 17:20 - Sep 22 by giant_stow

Yes, I'll never forgive me or us for that - we're all scum and horribly un-Swedish.

Not all of you but a large number, mostly the English.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 17:50]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Labour on 17:49 - Sep 22 with 694 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:44 - Sep 22 by Ryorry

The fact that you won't countenance Labour as they are right now simply to GTTO & for them to then work from there to improve things for the country, puts you firmly in the non-grown ups camp.

Phil’s got better things to do and so have I.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 18:31]

Labour on 17:54 - Sep 22 with 672 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour on 17:46 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

The fabricated smears, lies and unthinkingly repeated narrative against Corbyn were beyond anything I’ve ever seen in British public life.

And what “toxicity” was swept away? People who supported Palestine?! I think you really need to read the Labour leaks and hear from the other side before you talk about toxicity and indeed leadership style given what was going on within HQ and the Labour PLP.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leak-report-corbyn-electio

....definitely never happened!

An election night chat log shows that 45 minutes after the exit poll revealed that Labour had overturned the Conservative majority, one senior official said the result was the “opposite to what I had been working towards for the last couple of years”, describing themselves and their allies as “silent and grey-faced” and in need of counselling. (Lowhouse??)
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 17:55]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour on 17:56 - Sep 22 with 664 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:47 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

What does this even mean? I'd like Scotland to leave. Can't go the next 50 years with you threatening to leave every few years to get more money thrown at you.

I'm sure after the initial teething issues Scotland would succeed. Might need to choose between free movement with the EU and free movement with the UK though. Good luck with that one.

Your ducking why Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and indeed large swathes of the English regions are less well off than our closest neighbours. Certainly less well represented too but that’s the crux right there.

If the UK can’t reset its priorities and do a much better job of looking after all its citizens then it’s going to break up. And that will still leave England to deal with its own problems and massive inequalities.

I’m sure we’ll do something like we’ve already done on the island of Ireland re: free movement over the Irish border. I wouldn’t worry about that.

Labour on 17:56 - Sep 22 with 663 viewsJ2BLUE

Labour on 17:46 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

The Palestine thing, while admirable and right, really seemed to put a lot of people off. The cold truth is that most people couldn't give a sh1t. Clearly not a good position but probably a truthful one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour on 18:00 - Sep 22 with 650 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour on 17:54 - Sep 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leak-report-corbyn-electio

....definitely never happened!

An election night chat log shows that 45 minutes after the exit poll revealed that Labour had overturned the Conservative majority, one senior official said the result was the “opposite to what I had been working towards for the last couple of years”, describing themselves and their allies as “silent and grey-faced” and in need of counselling. (Lowhouse??)
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 17:55]

Blairite w@nkers gonna w@nk

Senior officials from the right of the party spoke of their opposition to policy positions adopted by the party under both Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, but also that of his predecessor Ed Miliband. In one 2015 exchange, a member of staff said: “Brace yourself. [Shadow chancellor John] McDonnell just called for corporation tax to go up.” Another replied: “You’re kidding me. I can’t quite believe it.
Commenting after this portion of the report was posted on social media, former shadow health secretary and leadership candidate Andy Burnham said: “Seems right to me. Always felt like the party machine opposed my pro-public NHS and social care policies between 2010 and 2015. Not sure I had even-handed treatment from them in either the 2010 or 2015 leadership elections.”

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour on 18:01 - Sep 22 with 645 viewsDarth_Koont

Labour on 17:56 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

The Palestine thing, while admirable and right, really seemed to put a lot of people off. The cold truth is that most people couldn't give a sh1t. Clearly not a good position but probably a truthful one.

Then that really does say more about the state of this country. Casual islamophobia has been a problem for decades. Throw in a screwed-up imperialist view of the Middle East and that’s another bit of the house to get in order.

Labour on 18:04 - Sep 22 with 619 viewsgiant_stow

Labour on 17:48 - Sep 22 by noggin

Not all of you but a large number, mostly the English.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 17:50]

Maybe extermination is the answer? Could be the only way to get the Jez in power where he belongs.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Labour on 18:04 - Sep 22 with 616 viewsRyorry

Labour on 17:49 - Sep 22 by Darth_Koont

Phil’s got better things to do and so have I.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 18:31]

Abuse of that ilk indicates you've lost the argument.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024