Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where are the Dino Mick lovers now 19:39 - Sep 25 with 2968 viewsITFC_Blood

Cardiff in shocking form and tanked 5 v 1

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:40 - Sep 25 with 2330 viewswkj

Probably the same place they always were - over it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:40 - Sep 25 with 2324 viewshomer_123

What was the Bolton score?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:42 - Sep 25 with 2297 viewsStenvict

He's left, move on.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:43 - Sep 25 with 2280 viewsOldboy

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:40 - Sep 25 by homer_123

What was the Bolton score?

We scored 2.
Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:43 - Sep 25 with 2280 viewsSuperCoops

Stop living in the past. Let it go.
Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 19:55 - Sep 25 with 2228 viewsEastTownBlue

The posts last season each time Cardiff won were tedious. The posts this season when they lose are tedious.
Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:02 - Sep 25 with 2068 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That will be Cardiff comfortably mid-table in the Championship? I bet their fans would swap places with us in a heartbeat wouldn't they?

I can understand why so many are still obsessed with him that you and others are starting threads about him still. I just hope that soon we will get back to the heights he achieved with us and hopefully even beyond. Then, perhaps, you and others will cease your obsession.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:02 - Sep 25 with 2058 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:02 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

That will be Cardiff comfortably mid-table in the Championship? I bet their fans would swap places with us in a heartbeat wouldn't they?

I can understand why so many are still obsessed with him that you and others are starting threads about him still. I just hope that soon we will get back to the heights he achieved with us and hopefully even beyond. Then, perhaps, you and others will cease your obsession.

Oh, and for a better take on this, that is Mogga's Blackburn doing the tonking. Oh for a manager like Mogga right now!

Login to get fewer ads

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:04 - Sep 25 with 2046 viewschrismakin

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:02 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

well if history repeats itself, when mick leaves cardiff will end up where town are.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:10 - Sep 25 with 2029 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:04 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

well if history repeats itself, when mick leaves cardiff will end up where town are.

Doesn't that depend on Cardiff being able to appoint someone as bad as Hurst?

You surely are not suggesting that a complete revamp of the squad and relegation were anything to do with McCarthy?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:20 - Sep 25 with 2004 viewschrismakin

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:10 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Doesn't that depend on Cardiff being able to appoint someone as bad as Hurst?

You surely are not suggesting that a complete revamp of the squad and relegation were anything to do with McCarthy?

Well each of wolves, sunderland and town went down after Mick left. IF cardiff follow suit, it can't be a coincedence.

I think Mick is a great 'Now' manager and builds a side to do it's job at that time, but it's not one which helps a club when he leaves.

Long term we still had players moaning about new managers because they weren't mick. Reminds me of the Damned utd when it showed the relationship the old leeds boss had with the players that Clough coudn't match.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 22:23]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:28 - Sep 25 with 1977 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:20 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

Well each of wolves, sunderland and town went down after Mick left. IF cardiff follow suit, it can't be a coincedence.

I think Mick is a great 'Now' manager and builds a side to do it's job at that time, but it's not one which helps a club when he leaves.

Long term we still had players moaning about new managers because they weren't mick. Reminds me of the Damned utd when it showed the relationship the old leeds boss had with the players that Clough coudn't match.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 22:23]

McCarthy took over Sunderland in the Championship and left them in the Premier League. They appointed Roy Keane who took them down.

He took over Wolves in the Championship and left them in the Premier League.

I am quite sure that, had he been properly backed with Ipswich he would have taken us to the Premier League as well. Instead he did a good job with the funding he had.

If you seriously think McCarthy left Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich in a weaker position than he took them over you really are not aware of the facts.

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:28 - Sep 25 with 1974 viewsJ2BLUE

We have such a pathetic petty fanbase. Constantly taking shots at each other.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:37 - Sep 25 with 1937 viewschrismakin

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:28 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

McCarthy took over Sunderland in the Championship and left them in the Premier League. They appointed Roy Keane who took them down.

He took over Wolves in the Championship and left them in the Premier League.

I am quite sure that, had he been properly backed with Ipswich he would have taken us to the Premier League as well. Instead he did a good job with the funding he had.

If you seriously think McCarthy left Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich in a weaker position than he took them over you really are not aware of the facts.

erm Sunderland got relegated under Mick and replaced by Kevin Ball mid season when back down in the championship.

Wolves got relegated the season Mick left as Terry Connor took over from him in relegation zone

I've not said he didn't do things whilst at the clubs, I even said he was a good 'now' manager but things always went south with him in the end for those clubs which resulted in relegation.

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:47 - Sep 25 with 1911 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:37 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

erm Sunderland got relegated under Mick and replaced by Kevin Ball mid season when back down in the championship.

Wolves got relegated the season Mick left as Terry Connor took over from him in relegation zone

I've not said he didn't do things whilst at the clubs, I even said he was a good 'now' manager but things always went south with him in the end for those clubs which resulted in relegation.

Nope - Sunderland were in the Premier League. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_Sunderland_A.F.C._season

I don't dispute that relegation (back to the division they were in when he arrived) was inevitable for both clubs when he left.

Things going south from a position significantly north of where each club was when he arrived. Don't forget that we were relegation certainties from the Championship when he arrived at Town. Hurst was the reason we went down after he left not the squad that MM had assembled.

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:50 - Sep 25 with 1885 viewsGarv

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:04 - Sep 25 by chrismakin

And he'll take great pride in it I'm sure.

Never understood why he thinks it's such a great boast.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:53 - Sep 25 with 1868 viewschrismakin

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:47 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Nope - Sunderland were in the Premier League. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_Sunderland_A.F.C._season

I don't dispute that relegation (back to the division they were in when he arrived) was inevitable for both clubs when he left.

Things going south from a position significantly north of where each club was when he arrived. Don't forget that we were relegation certainties from the Championship when he arrived at Town. Hurst was the reason we went down after he left not the squad that MM had assembled.

Ah sorry, I read this
However, the club's stay in the top flight was short-lived as Sunderland were once again relegated, this time with a new record-low total of 15 points. McCarthy left the club in mid-season, and he was replaced temporarily by former Sunderland player Kevin Ball.[65]

from this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunderland_A.F.C.

And thought that meant relegated then left mid season in champ.

As i say, no question of his ability to do a task well, but his shelf life is limited and it unfortunatlly doesnt end well.

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:54 - Sep 25 with 1867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:50 - Sep 25 by Garv

The point he is making when he takes pride in it is that he was able to achieve better than his successor can. He has always over-achieved and none of the clubs that have fired him has appointed anyone able to match him.

However, I agree. It is not a good look the way he seems to take delight in it. I get it with us because there was a section of fans that got under his skin and must have left a bitter taste for him. However, as with many of our fans like the OP here, it would be good if he could move on instead.

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:55 - Sep 25 with 1861 viewsJ2BLUE

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:50 - Sep 25 by Garv

Because it shows he was overachieving with a poor budget.

Obviously his approach is a grind out every point and be hard to beat. It's effective but it wasn't the glory days like some on here would have us believe.

I'd rather be where we are now with new owners than still grinding out 15th places under MM and Evans. I'm not excusing any of the managers since or suggesting any of it was good but we needed Evans gone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 23:07 - Sep 25 with 1838 viewsKeaneish

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:55 - Sep 25 by J2BLUE

Because it shows he was overachieving with a poor budget.

Obviously his approach is a grind out every point and be hard to beat. It's effective but it wasn't the glory days like some on here would have us believe.

I'd rather be where we are now with new owners than still grinding out 15th places under MM and Evans. I'm not excusing any of the managers since or suggesting any of it was good but we needed Evans gone.

Agreed. One step back to take two forward. We wait with baited breath…

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 23:17 - Sep 25 with 1791 viewsclive_baker

There’s 100x as many people calling out ‘Mick lovers’ than actual Mick lovers ever posting on here.

Tedious as fook.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 23:33 - Sep 25 with 1738 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s been gone a long time. Get over it. Move on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 23:44 - Sep 25 with 1696 viewspointofblue

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 22:47 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

In fairness, Wolves were 18th, level on points with 17th, when Mick was sacked. They were not cut adrift though had just lost 5-1 to West Brom.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 23:47 - Sep 25 with 1680 viewsVaughan8

I do remember when they were on a good run soon after he joined Them and there were some people on here bringIng it up every week.

Not heard much about him until now.

Wonder what the Cardiff fans are making of it.
Where are the Dino Mick lovers now on 23:54 - Sep 25 with 1664 viewsmagilton

Tbf Blackburn are one of the best teams in the Championship. Cracking squad with some top players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024