Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cellina (part 2).... 07:51 - Sep 26 with 6968 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....didn't 'take the knee.'
Surely if you do it then you do it as a team? Didn't look good in terms of team dynamics I thought.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:39 - Sep 26 with 1238 viewsNthsuffolkblue

On the face of it, this is disappointing. However, do you know yet why he didn't?

Zaha and Toney decided to stop taking the knee, not because they disagree with the reasons but because they felt it is not having the impact it should be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:47 - Sep 26 with 1227 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:34 - Sep 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do we, I don't follow this stuff too closely!
But, yeah, probably!

That might have come out while he was down here with swansea. But yeah, seems he’s susceptible to a good conspiracy theory.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cellina (part 2).... on 15:46 - Sep 26 with 1159 viewsVic

If a player only does it for what it looks like then it’s just a empty gesture and time to stop the whole thing.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Cellina (part 2).... on 15:54 - Sep 26 with 1144 viewsWeWereZombies

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:39 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

On the face of it, this is disappointing. However, do you know yet why he didn't?

Zaha and Toney decided to stop taking the knee, not because they disagree with the reasons but because they felt it is not having the impact it should be.

I think Zaha was very public about why he 'stands up to racism', and I understand that Toto Nsiala also chooses to stand. Did the entire Sheffield Wednesday team yesterday just mooch about before kick off or where they standing as one?

[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 15:57]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Cellina (part 2).... on 15:57 - Sep 26 with 1139 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cellina (part 2).... on 15:54 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

I think Zaha was very public about why he 'stands up to racism', and I understand that Toto Nsiala also chooses to stand. Did the entire Sheffield Wednesday team yesterday just mooch about before kick off or where they standing as one?

[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 15:57]

It might not have been them specifically but certainly some who have stopped were very clear that it is about the fact nothing is changing rather than them disagreeing with the sentiment.

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:14 - Sep 26 with 1120 viewsBluedicea

He spent the last year in France, very few clubs in France take a knee. They see it as an 'American Gesture' and have been fighting against racism longer than the US with different measures.

As it's not as prevalent in the EU as it is in the US and UK, if you have only just come to the country, you wouldn't be as aware of the furore over it the last 18 months.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:19 - Sep 26 with 1103 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:14 - Sep 26 by Bluedicea

He spent the last year in France, very few clubs in France take a knee. They see it as an 'American Gesture' and have been fighting against racism longer than the US with different measures.

As it's not as prevalent in the EU as it is in the US and UK, if you have only just come to the country, you wouldn't be as aware of the furore over it the last 18 months.

So it might simply be something he wasn't expecting and hadn't had any discussion over?

Without knowing what his reasons are, it is premature to criticise really.

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:29 - Sep 26 with 1094 viewsBluedicea

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:19 - Sep 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

So it might simply be something he wasn't expecting and hadn't had any discussion over?

Without knowing what his reasons are, it is premature to criticise really.

Pretty much

Look at the guy, he had to leave his country of birth(Yugoslavia)due to discrimination and grew up in Norway as a refugee. Not the most likely candidate to be condemned as a racist, when he's been outside of the debates here and in the US so has experienced a different culture to the recent movement.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Login to get fewer ads

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:30 - Sep 26 with 1089 viewsxrayspecs

When the ref blew the whistle, Celina was facing the SW team (none of whom took the knee) and I suspect had no Town players in his line of sight. It may be no more than being unaware the Town team were taking the knee behind him.

He started at Lincoln and given nothing has been mentioned, am assuming that he took the knee then.

We have seen other players forget, in one of the earlier games this season, an opposition player (?) goes to play the ball on the refs whistle and checks himself just in time.

In any event, nothing to see here, is there?
Cellina (part 2).... on 17:54 - Sep 26 with 1040 viewsmonytowbray

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:12 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

I wasn’t expecting him to tbh. We know he’s susceptible to conspiracy theories being a flat earther, so he’s going to be vulnerable to misinformation in general. Probably thinks all his team mates are Marxists!

He’s probably our local MP’s favourite player then.

Good ol’ Tom “Cultural Marxism, abolishment of the nuclear family, overflowing capitalism” Hunt

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Cellina (part 2).... on 19:10 - Sep 26 with 1012 viewsKeaneish

Cellina (part 2).... on 09:54 - Sep 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are you suggesting that he doesn't want to offend racist Kosovans?

I’m saying that making a public stance isn’t as simple for some people as it is for others. I haven’t been to Kosovo but i have been to Serbia with a British Nigerian friend who had a torrid time. The level of open racism there is virulent compared to anything I’ve seen here.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cellina (part 2).... on 19:26 - Sep 26 with 1007 viewsBluedandy

Classy .... only weeks after joining our football club a player whose family fled a war torn part of Europe now effectively condemned as racist for failing to conform to a performative political ritual.

Orwellian keyboard narcissism at its best ...
Cellina (part 2).... on 19:28 - Sep 26 with 1000 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cellina (part 2).... on 19:26 - Sep 26 by Bluedandy

Classy .... only weeks after joining our football club a player whose family fled a war torn part of Europe now effectively condemned as racist for failing to conform to a performative political ritual.

Who has condemned him as a racist?

Edit....also what does fleeing from ethnic wars in the former Yugoslavia have to do with whether someone does or does not hold dodgy racial opinions ?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 19:33]

Cellina (part 2).... on 07:45 - Sep 27 with 891 viewsJimmy86

Last season I don't think Toto took the knee either if my memory serves me correctly? As other's have said Zaha stopped ages ago, Ivan Toney doesn't do it, Alonso chooses to take a different stance, by pointing at the badge... Lukaku is talking about not doing it anymore too.

Taking the knee is actually proving to be more divisive and was yet another media driven thing... unfortunately the worst mistake they ever made was by aligning it with BLM, as that is political and there are people, myself included, who don't agree with their political beliefs, such as defunding the police, who are there to protect us...

If they had aligned it with kick it out all along, then for the vast majority there would be no issue at all!!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 9:39]
Cellina (part 2).... on 12:44 - Sep 27 with 821 viewsmonytowbray

Cellina (part 2).... on 19:26 - Sep 26 by Bluedandy

I think you're a bit thick if you are buying the culture wars that much mate.

TWTD never forgets…

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:45 - Sep 27 with 817 viewsmonytowbray

Cellina (part 2).... on 07:45 - Sep 27 by Jimmy86

Last season I don't think Toto took the knee either if my memory serves me correctly? As other's have said Zaha stopped ages ago, Ivan Toney doesn't do it, Alonso chooses to take a different stance, by pointing at the badge... Lukaku is talking about not doing it anymore too.

Taking the knee is actually proving to be more divisive and was yet another media driven thing... unfortunately the worst mistake they ever made was by aligning it with BLM, as that is political and there are people, myself included, who don't agree with their political beliefs, such as defunding the police, who are there to protect us...

If they had aligned it with kick it out all along, then for the vast majority there would be no issue at all!!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 9:39]

So you don't understand the issue at all then?

Good to know. Saves bothering ever again.

TWTD never forgets…

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:59 - Sep 27 with 804 viewsJimmy86

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:45 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

So you don't understand the issue at all then?

Good to know. Saves bothering ever again.

Sorry, what?! Don't get your point... I have no particular issue with taking the knee, or not taking the knee.. it's personal choice.. is it having any positive effect though? Or is it just a gesture?

The media have been really pushing it, yet there are now players who are choosing not to take the knee, is that an issue for you?
Cellina (part 2).... on 13:01 - Sep 27 with 794 viewsDanTheMan

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:12 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

I wasn’t expecting him to tbh. We know he’s susceptible to conspiracy theories being a flat earther, so he’s going to be vulnerable to misinformation in general. Probably thinks all his team mates are Marxists!

He's a flat earther?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Cellina (part 2).... on 13:31 - Sep 27 with 763 viewsLankHenners

Cellina (part 2).... on 13:01 - Sep 27 by DanTheMan

He's a flat earther?

One thing I wished I saved over from my old phone is a folder of screenshots from when Celina was last here, of him on Twitter replying to NASA and other user accounts of various astronauts with simply 'fake!' or a flat earther meme of some kind when they posted about new images from space or something.

He deleted (or was likely told to delete) his social media pages that season so unfortunately can't go back and find the originals. Basically I really don't think anyone would want to particularly find out Bersant's views on politics and society based on what he's already put out in the open.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cellina (part 2).... on 13:38 - Sep 27 with 747 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cellina (part 2).... on 19:28 - Sep 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Who has condemned him as a racist?

Edit....also what does fleeing from ethnic wars in the former Yugoslavia have to do with whether someone does or does not hold dodgy racial opinions ?
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 19:33]

So you're not calling him a racist but you're suggesting he might have dodgy racial opinions?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cellina (part 2).... on 14:51 - Sep 27 with 694 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cellina (part 2).... on 13:38 - Sep 27 by The_Flashing_Smile

So you're not calling him a racist but you're suggesting he might have dodgy racial opinions?

I think what I said is that being a refugee does not mean that isn't a possibility for anybody which is the implication in the postcI replied to.
I think it is pretty clear that my issue is with that of team dynamics and a united front.

Cellina (part 2).... on 14:53 - Sep 27 with 691 viewsmonytowbray

Cellina (part 2).... on 12:59 - Sep 27 by Jimmy86

Sorry, what?! Don't get your point... I have no particular issue with taking the knee, or not taking the knee.. it's personal choice.. is it having any positive effect though? Or is it just a gesture?

The media have been really pushing it, yet there are now players who are choosing not to take the knee, is that an issue for you?

If you don’t see why BLM has been heavily critical of the police in handling protesting last year, historical corruption/racism they’ve never owned or their lacklastre objection to the policing bill then you don’t get it. In fact I’d argue you are part of the “institutional” side of things, by denying facts, data, history and reality the system ticks on as is.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 14:54]

TWTD never forgets…

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:02 - Sep 27 with 663 viewsJimmy86

Cellina (part 2).... on 14:53 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

If you don’t see why BLM has been heavily critical of the police in handling protesting last year, historical corruption/racism they’ve never owned or their lacklastre objection to the policing bill then you don’t get it. In fact I’d argue you are part of the “institutional” side of things, by denying facts, data, history and reality the system ticks on as is.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 14:54]

Ohhh ok, fair enough... I personally don't agree with defending the police.. that's just my own opinion.. people moan about the police, but I am a fan of them and law enforcement in general.. they put themselves in harm's way every time they go on duty, to protect us.. yes they've made mistakes along the way, they're human and not robots... I would hope that the ethics and standards are upheld in the strongest possible terms if their conduct has been Sub standard, or worse still, illegal.. then the law and legal system they are there to uphold deals with them accordingly.. they do a very tough job to the best of their ability in a time where every idiot stands and films it on their smart phone.. we need more police on the streets, instead of less I'd have thought?

Anyway, taking the knee is an anti racism gesture, which sadly doesn't do anything to stop these ignorant, racist bigots and that is the issue.. fact they get down on 1 knee, making themselves smaller, instead of standing proud and tall like Zaha and Toney do, sadly doesn't do anything apart from divide people.. there are other ways of combating racism instead of taking the knee
The difference between "defunding" and "defending"..... on 16:08 - Sep 27 with 650 viewsBloots

Cellina (part 2).... on 16:02 - Sep 27 by Jimmy86

Ohhh ok, fair enough... I personally don't agree with defending the police.. that's just my own opinion.. people moan about the police, but I am a fan of them and law enforcement in general.. they put themselves in harm's way every time they go on duty, to protect us.. yes they've made mistakes along the way, they're human and not robots... I would hope that the ethics and standards are upheld in the strongest possible terms if their conduct has been Sub standard, or worse still, illegal.. then the law and legal system they are there to uphold deals with them accordingly.. they do a very tough job to the best of their ability in a time where every idiot stands and films it on their smart phone.. we need more police on the streets, instead of less I'd have thought?

Anyway, taking the knee is an anti racism gesture, which sadly doesn't do anything to stop these ignorant, racist bigots and that is the issue.. fact they get down on 1 knee, making themselves smaller, instead of standing proud and tall like Zaha and Toney do, sadly doesn't do anything apart from divide people.. there are other ways of combating racism instead of taking the knee

....really is quite intrinsic to your discussion here!

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

The difference between "defunding" and "defending"..... on 16:16 - Sep 27 with 633 viewsJimmy86

The difference between "defunding" and "defending"..... on 16:08 - Sep 27 by Bloots

....really is quite intrinsic to your discussion here!

If the police or any other law enforcement agency are in the wrong then there is no defending that... they should be held accountable, the same as everyone else.. people moan about there never being a copper about when you need one etc. If we defund the police then there will be even less about, surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024