Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. 00:26 - Sep 29 with 6396 viewsLord_Lucan

So, I wonder up the steps to my designated seat. I haven't been to a game in a while so I'm not sure where I'm sitting but one of my mates plonks me down.

Next to me on my immediate right is a very suave looking cherry who I assume is one of our lot. Turns out, after a brief chin wag that it isn't.

Anyhoo, I have a few brief conversations with this guy about the game but I must admit I am more drawn to the guys style. The bloke is 100% dapper and knows how to dress and I am admiring him. You cannot buy looking cool, there's a load of tickets out there who can afford it but they will never look first class.

I'm waffling.

Turns out after a couple of nods and how's your fathers that I met BLUEBEAT tonight, although neither of us knew it at the time.

Next time we'll have a beer baby!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:16 - Sep 29 with 1673 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:25 - Sep 29 by bluefunk

It was good to meet you Lucan, thank you for your kind words, and what’s in a name anyway - cheers fella, BLUEFUNK! Oh and Bluebeat is a board legend, I’m more of a hanger on
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:26]

Was there any inappropriate touching? He seems quite smitten.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:46 - Sep 29 with 1620 viewsbluefunk

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:16 - Sep 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Was there any inappropriate touching? He seems quite smitten.

a gentleman never tells.....
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:46 - Sep 29 with 1620 viewsKeno

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:12 - Sep 29 by NthQldITFC

Intro: 'Dedicated Follower of Fashion'

Will Paul Weller be involved in the songwriting?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:51 - Sep 29 with 1601 viewsHerbivore

When I first read Lucan's OP I assumed he'd sat down next to Crazee.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:25 - Sep 29 with 1554 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:12 - Sep 29 by NthQldITFC

Intro: 'Dedicated Follower of Fashion'

Followed by a little ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

Poll: If it were one or the other

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:31 - Sep 29 with 1523 viewsBluespeed225

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:27 - Sep 29 by leitrimblue

I demand to be in the opposite corner to the mod section. All that prince of Wales check an sideburns way to much for me

That is spooky, as at the Sheff Weds game, I was sporting , though not POW, a subtle check in the trouser dept, as i was straight t out with the wife from the match. This thread has inspired me to maintain a higher level of sartorial elegance from now on at games. I do like Autumn!
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:38 - Sep 29 with 1491 viewsleitrimblue

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:31 - Sep 29 by Bluespeed225

That is spooky, as at the Sheff Weds game, I was sporting , though not POW, a subtle check in the trouser dept, as i was straight t out with the wife from the match. This thread has inspired me to maintain a higher level of sartorial elegance from now on at games. I do like Autumn!

Bit a dogtooth? I'm quite a scruffy fecker nowadays. Cross between yer man from big Lebowski an a mountain farmer
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:53 - Sep 29 with 1467 viewsKeno

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:38 - Sep 29 by leitrimblue

Bit a dogtooth? I'm quite a scruffy fecker nowadays. Cross between yer man from big Lebowski an a mountain farmer

so which one are you??

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:56 - Sep 29 with 1458 viewsSamWhiteUK

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:33 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

That's amazing! TWTder's right next to each other and neither of you knew????

Is it that unlikely? TWTD has quite a large userbase. If they had met at a concert in Belgium then I'd agree
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:56 - Sep 29 with 1456 viewsleitrimblue

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:53 - Sep 29 by Keno

so which one are you??

The one behind I guess
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:06 - Sep 29 with 1419 viewsMetal_Hacker

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:53 - Sep 29 by Keno

so which one are you??

He prefers to bowl than bat
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 15:06]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:23 - Sep 29 with 1377 viewsEwan_Oozami

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:56 - Sep 29 by SamWhiteUK

Is it that unlikely? TWTD has quite a large userbase. If they had met at a concert in Belgium then I'd agree

I was meaning that while there are lots of people on here who know each other irl, even many longstanding board members don't know what each other looks like!

Whereas I, of course, am easily recognisable in my battenberg mask! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:26 - Sep 29 with 1367 viewsBeckets

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 10:44 - Sep 29 by artsbossbeard

In fairness, our group has moved there en-masse this season as we've now all got rid of the kids and it's back to the good ol' J block days.

I’m in Block J. I think I might need to sharpen myself up on the sartorial front by the sounds of it!
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:52 - Sep 29 with 1312 viewsKeno

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 14:56 - Sep 29 by SamWhiteUK

maybe Phil/Gav could issue us all with a special TWTD lapel badge to wear so the next time I go to a concert in Belgium I'll recognise the other TWTDers?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:55 - Sep 29 with 1293 viewsleitrimblue

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:52 - Sep 29 by Keno

maybe Phil/Gav could issue us all with a special TWTD lapel badge to wear so the next time I go to a concert in Belgium I'll recognise the other TWTDers?

You can't miss me, I'm the one standing directly behind you. White cowboy hat an dashing good looks
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:17 - Sep 29 with 1244 viewsKeno

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 15:55 - Sep 29 by leitrimblue

You can't miss me, I'm the one standing directly behind you. White cowboy hat an dashing good looks

was that a Mars Bar in your pocket or where you just pleased to see me?

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:26 - Sep 29 with 1208 viewsleitrimblue

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:17 - Sep 29 by Keno

was that a Mars Bar in your pocket or where you just pleased to see me?

It's actually both Ken. I do have a king size Mars bar in my pocket. ( I always take my own confectionery to gigs in Belgium as I find Belgian chocolate a tad rich) But I'm also obviously very very pleased to see yer
Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:27 - Sep 29 with 1207 viewsLord_Lucan

I bumped into TWTDer and professional annual TWTD BBQ provider EdwardStone in Amsterdam.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 1197 viewsKieran_Knows

JW said you was on form last night!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:56 - Sep 29 with 1146 viewsKeno

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:26 - Sep 29 by leitrimblue

It's actually both Ken. I do have a king size Mars bar in my pocket. ( I always take my own confectionery to gigs in Belgium as I find Belgian chocolate a tad rich) But I'm also obviously very very pleased to see yer

King size??

seemed more fun sized to me

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 17:29 - Sep 29 with 1100 viewsLord_Lucan

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 16:29 - Sep 29 by Kieran_Knows

JW said you was on form last night!

Yes, the big bald lump was within close shot of me. I had a pre match beer with JW senior.

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 17:32 - Sep 29 with 1096 viewsMullet

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 13:06 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

A musical will be written about it in years to come...

Musical? More like Strangers at a Game innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 17:46 - Sep 29 with 1066 viewsDubtractor

Poor old Bluebeat, one minute a bona fide legend, the next just a forgotten afterthought.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 17:57 - Sep 29 with 1043 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 17:46 - Sep 29 by Dubtractor

Poor old Bluebeat, one minute a bona fide legend, the next just a forgotten afterthought.

I shouldn't worry, he has been lying low since coming in 10 songs early on the numbers music thread. That or busily looking for a song with 384 in the title.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Tonight I met an absolute 100% board legend for the first time. on 21:35 - Sep 29 with 915 viewsSuperCoops

I would never put Bluebeat in the "board legend" category. Boring leg end, maybe.

N to the T.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024