Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wes Burns Appreciation Post 09:10 - Sep 29 with 2686 viewsBlueBlood90

Sam Morsy, Lee Evans and Macauley Bonne will deservedly get a lot of praise for their performance last night but I thought Wes Burns was brilliant and always tried to do something positive.

He's been great in nearly every game I've seen him play so far and looks a very, very good signing!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:12 - Sep 29 with 2648 viewsfergalsharkey

Agreed, he would be a big miss should he get injured.

To be fair that side tonight just looked better because of Morsy.

He is quality.

Poll: Cook out?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:14 - Sep 29 with 2627 viewsHerbivore

He's good, like all wingers his performances can be patchy from game to game and even within games but his pace and directness gets us into dangerous areas and his final ball is usually good when he gets there. He's put a few on a plate for Bonne already this season.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 9:41]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:25 - Sep 29 with 2550 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yep he's quality for me - hardly surprising he was the one of the first signings if not THE first this summer

Great to see someone attack a defender - proper old school directness

Poll: If it were one or the other

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:26 - Sep 29 with 2535 viewsfranz_tyson

Looks like we’ll have to manage him with his injury niggles. Burns has been a great signing, but don’t want him to break down.

I guess Aluko is Burns’ deputy. Aluko looks pretty solid and if we’re in a good position after 60-70 mins can understand if he takes over from Burns to look after his fitness.
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:28 - Sep 29 with 2526 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Enjoying watching Wes.
I said last night when he gets on the ball, I’m on the edge of my seat expecting something good to happen.
Clever, skill full with decent pace and more often than not a decent cross.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:30 - Sep 29 with 2509 viewsGarv

How did Fleetwood only get £200k for him?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:30 - Sep 29 with 2506 viewsWickets

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:14 - Sep 29 by Herbivore

He's good, like all wingers his performances can be patchy from game to game and even within games but his pace and directness gets us into dangerous areas and his final ball is usually good when he gets there. He's put a few on a plate for Bonne already this season.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 9:41]

Yer very true . Always a good sign when players form partnerships and these two seem to beginning to do just that . Bonne is so good a finding space in the box getting himself unmarked for those "Tap ins " is an art form !
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:30 - Sep 29 with 2497 viewsN2_Blue

With the exception of Bonne (and because he is a true Blue) i think Burns is rapidly becoming my favourite player.

Love his playing style, love the hair, and comes across as a real decent chap. He's been excellent, even in the games where we have been a bit crap!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:39 - Sep 29 with 2435 viewslazyblue

Agree with all that but even more so they are all leaders on the pitch which is something we have not had for years
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:43 - Sep 29 with 2401 viewsHerbivore

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 09:39 - Sep 29 by lazyblue

Agree with all that but even more so they are all leaders on the pitch which is something we have not had for years

They weren't all looking like leaders on the pitch when we were getting done 5-2 at home to Bolton in fairness. I think it's too early to comment on leadership in the squad generally, certainly having Morsy on the team improves us in that respect.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 10:59 - Sep 29 with 2255 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He's the direct winger we've lacked for a decade! He's so good.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 11:02 - Sep 29 with 2231 viewsGeoffSentence

For large chunks of the game it looked to me as if our tactic was 'Give it to Wes, Wes make something happen'

And it was very effective.

Happily we have a lot of good alternatives for when the opposition shut that route down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 11:11 - Sep 29 with 2181 viewsBlueNomad

I thought he was the best opposition player last season. When we signed him I really believed the club was showing ambition.
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 11:16 - Sep 29 with 2130 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That timed run in behind the left back he does three times a game is absolutely deadly.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 1892 viewsbicesterblue4

He was excellent last night, high quality cross for the first goal, made it look easier than it was

His volley that nearly knocked the defender out would have been a spectacular, couldn't tell from the Cobbold or the highlights, does anyone know if it was on target or not
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 18:21 - Sep 29 with 1871 viewsRozz

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 18:16 - Sep 29 by bicesterblue4

He was excellent last night, high quality cross for the first goal, made it look easier than it was

His volley that nearly knocked the defender out would have been a spectacular, couldn't tell from the Cobbold or the highlights, does anyone know if it was on target or not

Difficult to tell from iFollow but Mills & Brenner both thought it was goalbound. I didn't think it travelled far enough to call either way.

Agree with the earlier poster though, his run in behind their left back and cutback to Bonne is an absolute weapon and we always look like scoring. Keep it up lad!
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 18:32 - Sep 29 with 1828 viewsReuser_is_God

Decided he needs a proper song whilst walking the dog just now....

Wesley Burns Wesley Burns
Running down the wing
Wesley Burns Wesley Burns
Makes the Ipswich sing
Feared by the yellows
Loved by the blues
Wesley Burns Wesley Burns Wesley Burns
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 18:33]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 19:06 - Sep 29 with 1745 viewsmatt92

Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 11:02 - Sep 29 by GeoffSentence

For large chunks of the game it looked to me as if our tactic was 'Give it to Wes, Wes make something happen'

And it was very effective.

Happily we have a lot of good alternatives for when the opposition shut that route down.

Doncaster shut that route down for the last 15-20 minutes last night and when Celina moved out to the left he produced Bonne's goal... then, of course, Celina and Burns were subbed and Chaplin and Aluko looked sharp too - so you're right on the money there
Wes Burns Appreciation Post on 19:14 - Sep 29 with 1704 viewsBluearmy71

Loved him since we signed him upon realising he was the player for Fleetwood that scored against us, I then viewed his highlights reel and could not wait to see him perform for us!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024