Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 07:57 - Oct 8 with 1482 viewsquad

Why is he still at the club? Seriously?

Surely some club somewhere have offered something for him? Why wouldn't we just take any offer we could get even if it's a pathetic one?
Kayden Jackson on 08:18 - Oct 8 with 1413 viewsWallingford_Boy

Don’t.. it really does make no sense.

We have a thousand players in his position and yet he’s given chances and does nothing.

Only two left backs, Kenlock comes in, does well, yet doesn’t have a squad place.

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson on 08:18 - Oct 8 with 1414 viewsHerbivore

I know. It's really hard to fathom why a player our fans think is useless who we're desperate to offload doesn't have a queue of suitors lining up to make us an offer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 08:23 - Oct 8 with 1386 viewsWallingford_Boy

Kayden Jackson on 08:18 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

I know. It's really hard to fathom why a player our fans think is useless who we're desperate to offload doesn't have a queue of suitors lining up to make us an offer.

I’d have thought a league two side may have asked for a loan, if nothing else!

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson on 08:23 - Oct 8 with 1378 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 08:18 - Oct 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Don’t.. it really does make no sense.

We have a thousand players in his position and yet he’s given chances and does nothing.

Only two left backs, Kenlock comes in, does well, yet doesn’t have a squad place.

He set up our first goal on Tuesday. Not sure that equates to "does nothing". Cook had praise for him after the game.

Kayden Jackson on 08:24 - Oct 8 with 1365 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 08:23 - Oct 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Well if they listen to the experts like you they'd go nowhere near him.

Kayden Jackson on 08:37 - Oct 8 with 1304 viewsquad

Kayden Jackson on 08:23 - Oct 8 by Wallingford_Boy

We should have made it a condition to Colchester that if they wanted to take Dobra on loan then they would have to take Jackson on loan too. Jackson might actually have done well for them.
Kayden Jackson on 08:37 - Oct 8 with 1299 viewsmutters

I suspect that there were offers but it was not to his liking. It may have involved dropping down a league or even a paycut.

He only has less than a year left on his contract and then he is free to decide what he wants to do

Edit:
The crazier thing in hindsight is that we took up the option for another year back before we starting completely terraforming the club
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 8:38]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Kayden Jackson on 08:44 - Oct 8 with 1243 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Kayden Jackson on 08:37 - Oct 8 by mutters

I suspect that there were offers but it was not to his liking. It may have involved dropping down a league or even a paycut.

He only has less than a year left on his contract and then he is free to decide what he wants to do

Edit:
The crazier thing in hindsight is that we took up the option for another year back before we starting completely terraforming the club

Presumably he’ll go for nothing in the Summer.

I have never been a fan but to be fair he’s always put a shift in when he’s played.
Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 08:47 - Oct 8 with 1222 viewsquad

Edit:

Yeah, didn't think of it like that. I guess we can't force him to go if he chooses not to. And if he's on a half decent salary here for just going through the motions then he's not likely to want out unless a decent offer comes in from elsewhere (which it probably won't).

Seems like Jackson is just putting off the inevitable though. After the year left on his contract and then he will be forced to take a paycut and drop down a league anyway you would think.
Kayden Jackson on 08:59 - Oct 8 with 1161 viewsMookamoo

You have to assume the club were expecting offers for Jackson or Norwood. With Bonne being able to be recalled, that only leaves Pigott and possibly Aluko that can play 9. Paying Jackson for another year gives us a little wiggle room.
Kayden Jackson on 09:09 - Oct 8 with 1106 viewshype313

Edit:

Taking up the option worked for Hawkins and Drinan, admittedly we didn't get a huge amount but somethings better than nothing.

I'm in no doubt the club thought their would be clubs coming in for Jackson, maybe it was a perfect storm of him wanting too much money, not enough interest or us looking to recoup some of that £1.7m, post covid that was always going to be an ask.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kayden Jackson on 09:11 - Oct 8 with 1102 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 08:47 - Oct 8 by quad

Yeah, didn't think of it like that. I guess we can't force him to go if he chooses not to. And if he's on a half decent salary here for just going through the motions then he's not likely to want out unless a decent offer comes in from elsewhere (which it probably won't).

Seems like Jackson is just putting off the inevitable though. After the year left on his contract and then he will be forced to take a paycut and drop down a league anyway you would think.

We took up a year's option on him, this situation is entriely on the club.

Kayden Jackson on 09:24 - Oct 8 with 1049 viewsWallingford_Boy

Kayden Jackson on 08:24 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

Well if they listen to the experts like you they'd go nowhere near him.

I'm sure thats what clubs do when they try to buy players "hey we'd best do our research first and head over to a fans forum".

LOL

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson on 09:26 - Oct 8 with 1045 viewsjayessess

Kayden Jackson on 09:09 - Oct 8 by hype313

Taking up the option worked for Hawkins and Drinan, admittedly we didn't get a huge amount but somethings better than nothing.

I'm in no doubt the club thought their would be clubs coming in for Jackson, maybe it was a perfect storm of him wanting too much money, not enough interest or us looking to recoup some of that £1.7m, post covid that was always going to be an ask.

Hawkins was just under contract, Drinan we took up the option. I doubt we got a fee for either. Mansfield and Leyton Orient weren't in a position to pay anything and would've had plenty of out-of-contract options to look at.

Drinan I'd guess we got no more than a sell-on clause, Hawkins we'll have done well to not still be paying a portion of his wages.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kayden Jackson on 09:48 - Oct 8 with 982 viewsWickets

Kayden Jackson on 08:18 - Oct 8 by Herbivore

Yup you can only sell if there is a buyer !
Kayden Jackson on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 942 viewsElephantintheRoom

Something to do with a well remunerated contract I suspect

And the fact that he knows he'll probably be here longer than Cook.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Kayden Jackson on 10:08 - Oct 8 with 923 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Such an unbelievably frustrating footballer. Probably as frustrating to watch as anyone we’ve had in my lifetime following Town.

There are some obvious attributes and he has scored a few goals for us, but my god does he have an awful first touch for a professional footballer and seemingly no composure when he gets a second on the ball

It would be peak Ipswich if he left for free and ended up tearing it up for someone else
Kayden Jackson on 10:20 - Oct 8 with 853 viewsWickets

Kayden Jackson on 10:08 - Oct 8 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Such an unbelievably frustrating footballer. Probably as frustrating to watch as anyone we’ve had in my lifetime following Town.

There are some obvious attributes and he has scored a few goals for us, but my god does he have an awful first touch for a professional footballer and seemingly no composure when he gets a second on the ball

It would be peak Ipswich if he left for free and ended up tearing it up for someone else

Yes i have to agree as he has pace to burn and i can remember him scoring a great header in front of the Sir Bobby and a good composed finish for a late winner against AFC Wimb. But his first touch is so often terrible . Tuesday night was a fine example of what a Jekyll and Hyde footballer he is .
Kayden Jackson on 10:25 - Oct 8 with 833 viewstractorboy1978

Kayden Jackson on 09:26 - Oct 8 by jayessess

Hawkins was just under contract, Drinan we took up the option. I doubt we got a fee for either. Mansfield and Leyton Orient weren't in a position to pay anything and would've had plenty of out-of-contract options to look at.

Drinan I'd guess we got no more than a sell-on clause, Hawkins we'll have done well to not still be paying a portion of his wages.

He's on more at Mansfield than he was on here, as mad as that sounds.
Kayden Jackson on 10:55 - Oct 8 with 744 viewsGarv

I don't rate him but he's clearly got something at this level. I just think you have to be so measured in playing to his strengths to get anything out of him, and other players are more adaptable...or simply have more strengths.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kayden Jackson on 11:25 - Oct 8 with 690 viewsbournemouthblue

Kayden Jackson on 08:44 - Oct 8 by PrideOfTheEast

Presumably he’ll go for nothing in the Summer.

I have never been a fan but to be fair he’s always put a shift in when he’s played.

or a small sum in January, we should have been looking to loan him back with a recall close essentially

Perhaps we have considered it, Colchester would have seemed the obvious choice, we must have had some interest surely?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024