Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changes for tomorrow 16:33 - Oct 15 with 3277 viewsGarv

Two players I don't think overly suit games like tomorrow is likely to be - Evans and Fraser.

I'd be keen to see El Mizouni partner Morsy, and Celina - assuming he's not knackered - on the left with Chaplin retaining his no.10 spot.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Changes for tomorrow on 16:37 - Oct 15 with 2538 viewsblueislander

Why would Evans and Fraser not be suited to this game, yet El Mizuino and Celina are?
Changes for tomorrow on 17:10 - Oct 15 with 2456 viewsGarv

Changes for tomorrow on 16:37 - Oct 15 by blueislander

Why would Evans and Fraser not be suited to this game, yet El Mizuino and Celina are?

Well, you want Celina in the team really but at the same time you don't want to take Chaplin out, so Fraser would have to be the one to go. I don't think he offers much if the game becomes a scrap. You can say the same about BC but I think he's more likely to produce something out of nothing.

Similarly, I just feel Idris would be more useful than Evans if the midfield gets tight and crowded.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Changes for tomorrow on 17:14 - Oct 15 with 2447 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina isn't quite the luxury player people make out — his running is decent and he adds a fair bit more urgency than Fraser, who of course has his own merits.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Changes for tomorrow on 17:28 - Oct 15 with 2401 viewschicoazul

I’d like to see a bit more muscularity in what will be a tough physical game so I’d bring in Coulson for 1P and Piggott for Fraser with Chaplin wide left.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Changes for tomorrow on 18:54 - Oct 15 with 2252 viewsstrikalite

Quite happy to bring in El Miz for Evans tomorrow yes, think his energy and the fact he's going back to Cambridge will have him chomping at the bit..
Changes for tomorrow on 21:29 - Oct 15 with 2091 viewschrismakin

Aluko on the left for me to add a bit of steel to the side. Idris for Evans as I find him more 'physical'.
Coulsen in for Penney. Although if not fit I wonder if we might see donacien on left and toto on right hence the tryout of it last week.

I'm not a firm believer of trying to stick to the same team just because you won, I'd play those available who suit the game better. We got bullied at Accrington.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Changes for tomorrow on 21:30 - Oct 15 with 2091 viewsReuser_is_God

Changes for tomorrow on 21:29 - Oct 15 by chrismakin

Aluko on the left for me to add a bit of steel to the side. Idris for Evans as I find him more 'physical'.
Coulsen in for Penney. Although if not fit I wonder if we might see donacien on left and toto on right hence the tryout of it last week.

I'm not a firm believer of trying to stick to the same team just because you won, I'd play those available who suit the game better. We got bullied at Accrington.

What a load of utter sh1te.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Changes for tomorrow on 21:36 - Oct 15 with 2068 viewsMarkoW1

Changes for tomorrow on 17:28 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

I’d like to see a bit more muscularity in what will be a tough physical game so I’d bring in Coulson for 1P and Piggott for Fraser with Chaplin wide left.

Interesting, Coulson who’s only about 60kg , you’d bring in for physicality plus out of the 4 games he’s played, he’s only managed to finish 1
Chaplin has to play- he has goals in him
Login to get fewer ads

Changes for tomorrow on 21:39 - Oct 15 with 2050 viewschrismakin

Changes for tomorrow on 21:30 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

What a load of utter sh1te.

Go on then. Delight us with your selection.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Changes for tomorrow on 21:55 - Oct 15 with 2014 viewsReuser_is_God

Changes for tomorrow on 21:39 - Oct 15 by chrismakin

Go on then. Delight us with your selection.

No changes.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Changes for tomorrow on 22:04 - Oct 15 with 1986 viewsKieran_Knows

Hladky
Donacien Edmundson Burgess Penney
Evans Morsy
Burns Chaplin Fraser
Bonne

Don’t change a winning side. Celina and Edwards to come on around the 65 minute mark, but the game will already be wrapped up as we’ll be 2-0 up from goals from Chaplin and Bonne. A third goal in the 80th minute, another by Bonne. Late consolation from Cambridge in the 88th minute.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Changes for tomorrow on 22:25 - Oct 15 with 1933 viewsPinewoodblue

El Miz has played more league games for Cambridge Utd than he has Town; if anyone knows what they are about he is the man.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Changes for tomorrow on 22:51 - Oct 15 with 1869 viewschrismakin

Changes for tomorrow on 21:55 - Oct 15 by Reuser_is_God

No changes.

What a load of utter sh1te

Changes for tomorrow on 23:17 - Oct 15 with 1814 viewsSomethingBlue

Donacien/Toto was done purely as a needs-must due to circumstance for 10 minutes and will never happen through choice, I don't think it's possible to contort oneself into a different conclusion.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Changes for tomorrow on 00:59 - Oct 16 with 1729 viewsDubtractor

Changes for tomorrow on 22:04 - Oct 15 by Kieran_Knows

Hladky
Evans Morsy
Burns Chaplin Fraser
Bonne

Don’t change a winning side. Celina and Edwards to come on around the 65 minute mark, but the game will already be wrapped up as we’ll be 2-0 up from goals from Chaplin and Bonne. A third goal in the 80th minute, another by Bonne. Late consolation from Cambridge in the 88th minute.

I'd almost agree, but I do tend to agree with the OP about Fraser not being suited to a game that could get a bit more physical, so I'd be tempted to swap him for Celina.

It's not that Celina will dish it out, but I think he can cope with it a bit better, Fraser has seemed a little lightweight to me, albeit a great passer of the ball.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Changes for tomorrow on 01:07 - Oct 16 with 1722 viewscatch74

Wondering if Donacien switches to lb with Penney and Coulson injured - so KVY starts (can also play lb if required), maybe Norwood in to add a bit of bite as a random selection.
Like others, would like to see an unchanged side.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Changes for tomorrow on 03:50 - Oct 16 with 1670 viewswitchdoctor

Changes for tomorrow on 01:07 - Oct 16 by catch74

Wondering if Donacien switches to lb with Penney and Coulson injured - so KVY starts (can also play lb if required), maybe Norwood in to add a bit of bite as a random selection.
Like others, would like to see an unchanged side.

I agree about Norwood…if we find we need a bit of good old fashioned aggression, he’s the bloke to dish it out…
Changes for tomorrow on 07:54 - Oct 16 with 1544 viewsKieran_Knows

Toto at right back? For crying out loud.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Changes for tomorrow on 08:33 - Oct 16 with 1455 viewsChocorange

Agree with OP , need to be all over Hoolahan , has been injured for some of their poorer results and came on when behind at Crewe recently and the game was all Cambridge after that.
Plus Wes will be well up for it as it’s us.

Need to close him down , one way or another , from what I have seen El Miz and Morsy seem most likely to do that.
Changes for tomorrow on 08:44 - Oct 16 with 1424 viewsblueislander

Changes for tomorrow on 03:50 - Oct 16 by witchdoctor

I agree about Norwood…if we find we need a bit of good old fashioned aggression, he’s the bloke to dish it out…

You would play Norwood ahead of Bonne just because he will foul people. ?
Changes for tomorrow on 08:48 - Oct 16 with 1412 viewswitchdoctor

Changes for tomorrow on 08:44 - Oct 16 by blueislander

You would play Norwood ahead of Bonne just because he will foul people. ?

nope…introduced ..as well as Macca if things aren’t going so well..it is allowed to play two up front these days you know.😉
Changes for tomorrow on 08:50 - Oct 16 with 1404 viewsBluesky

Changes for tomorrow on 22:51 - Oct 15 by chrismakin

What a load of utter sh1te

Fifteen All
Changes for tomorrow on 09:02 - Oct 16 with 1385 viewsblueislander

Changes for tomorrow on 08:48 - Oct 16 by witchdoctor

nope…introduced ..as well as Macca if things aren’t going so well..it is allowed to play two up front these days you know.😉

Ah. That is a different. If we are desperate towards the end it would make some sense. It is pretty clear that Cook will always start with his favored formation, and Bonne is by far the best and most effective lone striker.
Changes for tomorrow on 09:12 - Oct 16 with 1358 viewsDubtractor

Changes for tomorrow on 07:54 - Oct 16 by Kieran_Knows

Toto at right back? For crying out loud.

Not sure if that was even the most mad suggestion - Aluko to add steel?!

I think its probably no coincidence that Aluko, who played in the 5-2 defeat to Bolton, hasn't started a league game since. Sure he looked good on the ball, but I'm guessing he didn't do enough of the off the ball stuff for Cook.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Changes for tomorrow on 09:19 - Oct 16 with 1333 viewsArnieM

Changes for tomorrow on 22:04 - Oct 15 by Kieran_Knows

Hladky
Evans Morsy
Burns Chaplin Fraser
Bonne

That’s a scrappy, nervy 1-1 draw then, with the obligatory “ gift “ goal by us to our opponents!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024