Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Janoi 09:37 - Oct 19 with 1805 viewschicoazul

Why does my man get ignored so much by so many? People are acting like KVY is the player he was two years ago. Janoi is strong fast decent on the ball and to an extent he frees up the opposite full back to get forward more. He is also a banter era legend. The defence in terms of stats and outcomes is also much better with him in it. He’s our best right back and our best overall defender.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Janoi on 10:01 - Oct 19 with 1738 viewsSteve_M

Hmmm, think there is some over-playing of his performances at the moment. In tight games his lack of ability on the ball shows a bit, even if he does look a lot more confident now than at any time in his Town career.

One of several players badly at fault for Cambridge's first goal Saturday too, there should have been cover but he came far too far over.

And I was never convinced by KVY's defending in his brief spell of games in 2019. It's too early to write him off totally though, missing part of pre-season is probably as much a factor as his injuries at present.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Janoi on 10:08 - Oct 19 with 1694 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He’s a good footballer.

But that pairing of Penney/JD doesn’t really work. Too similar, I know he had a poor start to the season but KVY, I feel should still be in the team. Gives you so much more going forward, and I think his poor start wasn’t helped by the lack of cover in midfield.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Janoi on 10:10 - Oct 19 with 1673 viewsCotty

Blubfishesque
Janoi on 10:15 - Oct 19 with 1643 viewsnodge_blue

I don't think he does? He seems to have had alot of praise on here recently.

Ive thought it a little over the top. He's largely been a stay at home full back who has made a few tackles. Thats great but its not much more than Id expect from a full back.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Janoi on 10:36 - Oct 19 with 1591 viewsBlueBlood90

Janoi on 10:01 - Oct 19 by Steve_M

Hmmm, think there is some over-playing of his performances at the moment. In tight games his lack of ability on the ball shows a bit, even if he does look a lot more confident now than at any time in his Town career.

One of several players badly at fault for Cambridge's first goal Saturday too, there should have been cover but he came far too far over.

And I was never convinced by KVY's defending in his brief spell of games in 2019. It's too early to write him off totally though, missing part of pre-season is probably as much a factor as his injuries at present.

I agree. I don't think he's looked like a world beater by any means. Just been reasonably solid and consistent which is fair enough but nothing special.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Janoi on 10:38 - Oct 19 with 1581 viewstextbackup

he's been hugely bigged up the last 8/9 weeks

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Janoi on 10:45 - Oct 19 with 1553 viewsTractorJack

You can say he's decent on the ball but we do struggle progressing the ball a lot at the moment and he is definitely a contributing factor to this.
Janoi on 10:55 - Oct 19 with 1517 viewsDinnernotTea

He and Penney wouldn't get into any top 10 side in this league. That's our big problem right now.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Login to get fewer ads

Janoi on 10:58 - Oct 19 with 1510 viewsitfcjoe

KVY offers so much more, but we've only seen him in the side when full backs were playing the suicidally high positions - so not seen him playing in a properly set up team

We do lose something defensively with KVY over JD, but overall we should gain - and if we want to be the free flowing attacking team who romp up the league then I think we need to get KVY and Coulson into the team

MNothing against JD, but he is what he is - a bog standard defender who does his job well 90% of the time. That's not enough for the League 1 allstars

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Janoi on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 1504 viewsDinnernotTea

Janoi on 10:55 - Oct 19 by DinnernotTea

He and Penney wouldn't get into any top 10 side in this league. That's our big problem right now.

In fact 4 out of our back 5 wouldn't. Only Edmundson looks good back there. Cook loves to tinker the midfield but after being terrible all season at the back largely keeps the same 5.

Janoi on 11:01 - Oct 19 with 1497 viewsReuser_is_God

Good few months but still one of the the worst I’ve seen a Town shirt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Janoi on 11:04 - Oct 19 with 1493 viewsDinnernotTea

Janoi on 11:01 - Oct 19 by Reuser_is_God

In the final third it's a car crash and non league quality at times.

Janoi on 11:10 - Oct 19 with 1470 viewsSomethingBlue

He's clearly a decent guy, a good pro and someone the fans should have a lot of time for — has never let us down when many others have, and it takes some character to be in his current position after the number of times we've tried to get rid. But we do need to improve on him, realistically.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Janoi on 11:20 - Oct 19 with 1439 viewstextbackup

Janoi on 10:58 - Oct 19 by itfcjoe

KVY offers so much more, but we've only seen him in the side when full backs were playing the suicidally high positions - so not seen him playing in a properly set up team

We do lose something defensively with KVY over JD, but overall we should gain - and if we want to be the free flowing attacking team who romp up the league then I think we need to get KVY and Coulson into the team

MNothing against JD, but he is what he is - a bog standard defender who does his job well 90% of the time. That's not enough for the League 1 allstars

thats the things, with him in there we havent exactly been watertight..... so could a KVY in there just mean we leak as many goals, but he might create us the 3rd, so we win 3-2, or draw 3-3!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Janoi on 11:48 - Oct 19 with 1378 viewsgordon

Toto is our best defender by miles, Janoi second in my view. The new lot aren't fit to lace their boots.
Janoi on 12:14 - Oct 19 with 1296 viewsDinnernotTea

Janoi on 11:20 - Oct 19 by textbackup

thats the things, with him in there we havent exactly been watertight..... so could a KVY in there just mean we leak as many goals, but he might create us the 3rd, so we win 3-2, or draw 3-3!

I'd try Burns at RWB. Played there before and with Aluko in front of him think it would work well. If changes needed Burns pushes on with Donacien to come on.

21 conceded in 12 so something needs to change.

Janoi on 12:54 - Oct 19 with 1213 viewschicoazul

Janoi on 11:48 - Oct 19 by gordon

Toto is our best defender by miles, Janoi second in my view. The new lot aren't fit to lace their boots.

Wrong way round but I agree.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Janoi on 13:21 - Oct 19 with 1131 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Scoring goals isn’t our problem though, we don’t need to improve on that. So putting attacking talent in RB to sacrifice defensive talent at RB is mental
Janoi on 13:31 - Oct 19 with 1081 viewschicoazul

We are a free flowing attacking team.

Janoi on 13:54 - Oct 19 with 1036 viewsHighgateBlue

Janoi on 11:48 - Oct 19 by gordon

Or indeed the boots of last year's player of the season (binned by Cook, top of the table currently).
Janoi on 14:04 - Oct 19 with 1015 viewsitfcjoe

Janoi on 13:31 - Oct 19 by chicoazul

We are a free flowing attacking team.

We really aren't - as much as we are making a big deal about how many shots we seem to concede from, the same is true in the other direction.

At Accrington we didn't have a single shot after the Bonne goal, vs Shrewsbury not a single shot after the Bonne goal.....whilst we had a good first half v Cambridge, in the second half despite a really nice 15-20 minutes of play we had 4 shots in the second half and none of them were even a half chance.

We either create good chances, or are good at scoring hard chances or face bad goalkeeping - and we either concede good chances, or they are good at finishing/bad goalkeeping

Even on Mullet's table which has us on 6th for xG it is 15.22 scored and 11.91 conceded....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Janoi on 14:04 - Oct 19 with 1009 viewsDavoIPB

Janoi on 13:54 - Oct 19 by HighgateBlue

Or indeed the boots of last year's player of the season (binned by Cook, top of the table currently).

Our defence was still bad last year. Very poor in a lot of the goals we gave away. We are more solid in the air now which was always a problem last year. System still not quite right for the players we have in defence.
Janoi on 17:36 - Oct 19 with 827 viewschrismakin

Janoi on 11:01 - Oct 19 by Reuser_is_God

What a load of old Sh1te
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 17:37]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024