Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien & Nsiala 12:07 - Oct 20 with 3858 viewsBlueNomad

They were totally slaughtered for being Hurst signings ("dross" etc) and have had strange Town careers but now they are mainstays in the current squad. Well done to both of them, it says alot about their character.
Donacien & Nsiala on 12:12 - Oct 20 with 2826 viewsHerbivore

The issue was they were signed to play in the Championship and weren't good enough for that level. Both have shown they are capable performers at this level. Toto has a mistake in him but is generally a good defender. Donacien is probably now getting his most sustained run in the team and is performing well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:22 - Oct 20 with 2768 viewshomer_123

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:12 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

The issue was they were signed to play in the Championship and weren't good enough for that level. Both have shown they are capable performers at this level. Toto has a mistake in him but is generally a good defender. Donacien is probably now getting his most sustained run in the team and is performing well.

Indeed. I would suggest that, as Championship defenders, they both are not quite what we'd be looking for, though JD seems to be improving with a run of games.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:31 - Oct 20 with 2711 viewspositivity

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:22 - Oct 20 by homer_123

Indeed. I would suggest that, as Championship defenders, they both are not quite what we'd be looking for, though JD seems to be improving with a run of games.

to be fair to donacien, lambert gave him zero chances in the championship to show what he could do at that level

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:33 - Oct 20 with 2688 viewshomer_123

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:31 - Oct 20 by positivity

to be fair to donacien, lambert gave him zero chances in the championship to show what he could do at that level

And he is improving currently, so not beyond but right now, neither would be your ideal defenders in the Champ.

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:40 - Oct 20 with 2654 viewsJakeITFC

It's quite funny really, probably two players who we've tried quite hard to get rid of in every year since we've been here but we have been stuck with (in part due to the mad contracts we gave them).

Donacien is probably having his best spell for us atm, but his signing has to go down as one of the worst/funniest we've made given the circumstances around it.

Nsiala I just can't have as a competent defender because of the way that he just makes mistakes constantly. Another two almost unbelievable errors last night for a player that has 200+ senior matches and turns 30 next season.

You are certainly right that they both have character in abundance, and neither of them have ever let us down in terms of effort, endeavour or attitude. Happy to have them around, but think we can improve on both.
Donacien & Nsiala on 12:44 - Oct 20 with 2635 viewstextbackup

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:40 - Oct 20 by JakeITFC

It's quite funny really, probably two players who we've tried quite hard to get rid of in every year since we've been here but we have been stuck with (in part due to the mad contracts we gave them).

Donacien is probably having his best spell for us atm, but his signing has to go down as one of the worst/funniest we've made given the circumstances around it.

Nsiala I just can't have as a competent defender because of the way that he just makes mistakes constantly. Another two almost unbelievable errors last night for a player that has 200+ senior matches and turns 30 next season.

You are certainly right that they both have character in abundance, and neither of them have ever let us down in terms of effort, endeavour or attitude. Happy to have them around, but think we can improve on both.

"Nsiala I just can't have as a competent defender because of the way that he just makes mistakes constantly. Another two almost unbelievable errors last night for a player that has 200+ senior matches and turns 30 next season."

exactly where i am with him. you can feel the worry in the crowd when he has it, at times i'm even sure teams mates look at him, then opt to go elsewhere.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:46 - Oct 20 with 2611 viewsmarchy

By which logic I wonder if Jon Nolan, who I keep forgetting is even here, is miraculously going to reappear from his injury and tear this league to shreds.

Nah.
Donacien & Nsiala on 12:47 - Oct 20 with 2591 viewsIllinoisblue

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:46 - Oct 20 by marchy

By which logic I wonder if Jon Nolan, who I keep forgetting is even here, is miraculously going to reappear from his injury and tear this league to shreds.

Nah.

Very oddly quiet on him and Norwood. Will we ever see either of them again in a Town shirt?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:50 - Oct 20 with 2551 viewsKeaneish

What did you think of Nsiala’s performance last night?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:56 - Oct 20 with 2509 viewsmonty_radio

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:44 - Oct 20 by textbackup

"Nsiala I just can't have as a competent defender because of the way that he just makes mistakes constantly. Another two almost unbelievable errors last night for a player that has 200+ senior matches and turns 30 next season."

exactly where i am with him. you can feel the worry in the crowd when he has it, at times i'm even sure teams mates look at him, then opt to go elsewhere.

Is it rather that we've become used to L1 strikers not being efficient in their conversion rate, but haven't quite accorded L1 defenders the same leniency.

On the Donacien/Lambert thing - although many did indeed slate Janoi, many others continually noted that he's never let us down, and that Lambert's agenda of "he's a centre-back" was almost wilfully negligent.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:07 - Oct 20 with 2465 viewshomer_123

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:50 - Oct 20 by Keaneish

What did you think of Nsiala’s performance last night?

Did well but still a mistake in him, as we saw first half. Possibly not the most cultured defender but, hey, a clean sheet last night.

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 2368 viewsBlueStreak

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:44 - Oct 20 by textbackup

But he is a very good defender and that is what you need at this level.

I would take that any day in contrast to a defender who can't really defend but can play some nice balls out the back in League One.

Championship, different story. But for now he is a must.
Donacien & Nsiala on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 2363 viewsvanmunt

You must be mad, everyone knows Chambers was the better RB.. /s
Donacien & Nsiala on 13:31 - Oct 20 with 2319 viewstextbackup

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:24 - Oct 20 by BlueStreak

But he is a very good defender and that is what you need at this level.

I would take that any day in contrast to a defender who can't really defend but can play some nice balls out the back in League One.

Championship, different story. But for now he is a must.

he's a defender, average, which yeah i guess is enough at this level next to others with more quality.

very good, imo, is pushing it waaaaaaay too far.

there will be games where he'll win 90% of his duels, others where he'll spent an entire game kicking lumps of grass instead of the ball.

as said in another thread, like the bloke, and seems a really nice addition to the squad, likeable etc..... but thats about it for me.

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:40 - Oct 20 with 2282 viewsBlueStreak

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:31 - Oct 20 by textbackup

he's a defender, average, which yeah i guess is enough at this level next to others with more quality.

very good, imo, is pushing it waaaaaaay too far.

there will be games where he'll win 90% of his duels, others where he'll spent an entire game kicking lumps of grass instead of the ball.

as said in another thread, like the bloke, and seems a really nice addition to the squad, likeable etc..... but thats about it for me.

I dunno, I think he is a monster in the air and that is half the battle at this level. There aren't many teams that play it through us. It is normally either the one over the top or them picking off the loose balls following a knock down.

If we have someone that good in the air then it potentially nullifies a lot of the opposition threats. Maybe I am over egging him a bit, but for me it is clear that you need a defender like that to at least compete at the top of the table.

I don't think we lose at Cambridge with him in there, the second goal wouldn't have happened imo. Same as Cheltenham, don't think we lose that game either.
Donacien & Nsiala on 13:42 - Oct 20 with 2253 viewsHerbivore

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:07 - Oct 20 by homer_123

Did well but still a mistake in him, as we saw first half. Possibly not the most cultured defender but, hey, a clean sheet last night.

Indeed. On what we've seen to date, I'm not entirely convinced that Burgess represents an upgrade either though. It does feel like we shopped at Waitrose for our attacking options and then quickly nipped to the local Spar on the way home for some defenders.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 14:17]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:44 - Oct 20 with 2247 viewspositivity

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:07 - Oct 20 by homer_123

can't think of a defender who hasn't got a mistake in them.

toto has made very few last season and this

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:51 - Oct 20 with 2190 viewstextbackup

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:40 - Oct 20 by BlueStreak

I dunno, I think he is a monster in the air and that is half the battle at this level. There aren't many teams that play it through us. It is normally either the one over the top or them picking off the loose balls following a knock down.

If we have someone that good in the air then it potentially nullifies a lot of the opposition threats. Maybe I am over egging him a bit, but for me it is clear that you need a defender like that to at least compete at the top of the table.

I don't think we lose at Cambridge with him in there, the second goal wouldn't have happened imo. Same as Cheltenham, don't think we lose that game either.

i'll tell ya who arbon was banging the drum for the whole way there yesterday, james wilson.

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:52 - Oct 20 with 2174 viewsJakeITFC

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:51 - Oct 20 by textbackup

i'll tell ya who arbon was banging the drum for the whole way there yesterday, james wilson.

Haha he bloody loves him.
Donacien & Nsiala on 13:53 - Oct 20 with 2174 viewsBlueStreak

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:51 - Oct 20 by textbackup

If you could have kept him fit, he would have been perfect now. Look at what they are doing at Plymouth as an example of that. always like him, just the classic town injury list.
Donacien & Nsiala on 14:12 - Oct 20 with 2109 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've backed them throughout.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Donacien & Nsiala on 14:12 - Oct 20 with 2111 viewshomer_123

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:42 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Indeed. On what we've seen to date, I'm not entirely convinced that Burgess represents an upgrade either though. It does feel like we shopped at Waitrose for our attacking options and then quickly nipped to the local Spar on the way home for some defenders.

That last sentence made me chuckle.

Donacien & Nsiala on 14:14 - Oct 20 with 2101 viewshype313

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:42 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Lol, so true.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Donacien & Nsiala on 14:47 - Oct 20 with 1977 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien & Nsiala on 12:40 - Oct 20 by JakeITFC

Spot on, on both players.

... and yet we have some weird section of our support that hold Nsiala (and Holy for that matter) in some sort of cult status. Just weird.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Donacien & Nsiala on 15:27 - Oct 20 with 1846 viewshoppy

Donacien & Nsiala on 13:24 - Oct 20 by vanmunt

You must be mad, everyone knows Chambers was the better RB.. /s

Even Chambers said to me that Donacien should be playing RB ahead of him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024