Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Metete - their number 20 19:51 - Oct 23 with 3011 viewsitfcjoe

20 years old, out of contract in the summer, sign him up.

Not many times you watch an opposition player and think, just get the deal done if you can - but today was one of those days - less than 30 senior games under his belt across Fleetwood and a loan spell at Grimsby last year - but looks to have something

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:52 - Oct 23 with 2934 viewswkj

He was really good today, but at 20 I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Aston Villa takes him on to see what the last few years of his development holds.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:52 - Oct 23 with 2931 viewsRomeo4

He was exceptional today. Stood out head and shoulders above everyone else.
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:53 - Oct 23 with 2917 viewsnodge_blue

Yes totally agree. I just looked at him on wikipedia and he's hardly played. Looks a real prospect.

As did the No 9 who was a real handful.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:54 - Oct 23 with 2894 viewshunters_headers

Agreed very good player
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 2865 viewsbluelagos

If he was available, why not? He looked very good for a youngun.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 2864 viewsitfcjoe

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:53 - Oct 23 by nodge_blue

Yes totally agree. I just looked at him on wikipedia and he's hardly played. Looks a real prospect.

Yep, Morton was a proper handful and deserved his goal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:01 - Oct 23 with 2772 viewsDerryfromBury

I thought exactly the same from the off. In-spite of his skirmishes throughout the game with Sam Morsy, quite feisty, just the sort of player we could do with.
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:02 - Oct 23 with 2761 viewsSwansea_Blue

Only 20? Wow. Looked like he’d played their for years; was key to a lot of their good stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:04 - Oct 23 with 2745 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He and Morsy had a really great battle (on and off the ball). Easily the best player on the pitch first half, strong in the tackle, solid defensively. But notably carried the ball well out of Midfield and started a lot of their attacks.

Sign him up.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:07 - Oct 23 with 2705 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Thought he was outstanding. Stood out from the first minute and like you say we should be snapping him up now
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:22 - Oct 23 with 2576 viewsnodge_blue

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:56 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

Yep, Morton was a proper handful and deserved his goal

Ive been surprised at times by some of the quality of play and players in this division. I think the gap between League 1 and the Championship is narrower than the Championship and premiership.

Theres a bunch of football playing sides and a bunch of more traditional physical sides. Both of which have caused us problems.

Those two lads today played very well. And were supported by well drilled players in the rest of their team. In that context we have to see us a work in progress I think. We will still have set backs. We aren't so good that we can just dominate.

But most teams are like Sunderland losing 4 against Portsmouth.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:28 - Oct 23 with 2514 viewsxrayspecs

He was excellent, as was their number 9.

I would see Metete as an upgrade on Tom Carroll in the squad, but not sure their number 9 is better than Piggpott and Bonne.
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:39 - Oct 23 with 2424 viewsMetal_Hacker

The guy was quality - and Morsy knew it more than most

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:42 - Oct 23 with 2409 viewsMillsTash

Similar to Jamal Campbell Ryce when he played down here many year ago. Ovation from all 4 stands.
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:46 - Oct 23 with 2370 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:28 - Oct 23 by xrayspecs

He was excellent, as was their number 9.

I would see Metete as an upgrade on Tom Carroll in the squad, but not sure their number 9 is better than Piggpott and Bonne.

I disagree with that.

Tom Carroll although hasn’t featured for us loads (good when he has played though) has played near 100 games in the Prem and made a lot of championship appearances

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:52 - Oct 23 with 2319 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 19:53 - Oct 23 by nodge_blue

Agreed
A couple more to pick up.

The no9 was on loan at Braintree a few yrs back from Everton my son said.
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:58 - Oct 23 with 2263 viewsCokeIsKey

Saw him a bit last season because I wanted to see how Hurst and Mizouni were doing at Grimsby, on the ball he is a different gravy but needs to improve his defensive/off-the-ball work if he wants to be a good player in the Champ and above. His time at Grimsby probably remembered by this unbelievable goal at 1:14.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 21:10 - Oct 23 with 2165 viewsmarchy

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 20:46 - Oct 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I disagree with that.

Tom Carroll although hasn’t featured for us loads (good when he has played though) has played near 100 games in the Prem and made a lot of championship appearances

God, does anyone else keep completely forgetting about members of our squad? Carroll slipped my mind completely. Talk about an embarrassment of riches!
Jay Metete - their number 20 on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 1939 views3_5_2

He was excellent.

I liked the CB Hills Very quick too

about time we raided them again !

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 22:38 - Oct 23 with 1772 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 21:10 - Oct 23 by marchy

God, does anyone else keep completely forgetting about members of our squad? Carroll slipped my mind completely. Talk about an embarrassment of riches!

It’s crazy.

I really rate Carroll, from what I’ve seen of him. Would probably have him next to Morsy.

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 23:45 - Oct 23 with 1542 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Thought he was the MOTM today and commented as such after about 75 minutes.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Jay Metete - their number 20 on 12:17 - Oct 24 with 1080 viewsquad

He stood out for me as a quality player too. He had a real ding dong battle with Morsy all game. At least twice they squared up to each other.

Morsy can be a real nasty b'stard but I'd much rather he was playing for us than the other team. I thought he was a bit lucky to stay on the pitch TBH. Either that or he's just very clever cos he knows exactly what he can and can't get away with. Walking a fine line for me though.

We badly needed Morsy against Fleetwood. We would have lost the midfield battle without him. And to be fair to Metete, although he was being bullied by Morsy a bit due to Morsy's physical strength, I was impressed with Metete that he tried to give as good as he got and refused to let Morsy intimidate him. He even went in with a very nasty challenge on Morsy where he left his studs in on his ankle in the 2nd half. So he wasn't afraid to mix it a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024