Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning 11:57 - Oct 26 with 2277 viewsGlasgowBlue

I am far from Bastani & co biggest fan but they are a legitimate news outlet and they don't spout dangerous Covid conspiracies or hate speech.

Very worrying that the likes of YouTube, facebook etc can censor legitimate sources like this.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 12:07]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:05 - Oct 26 with 1543 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would be interesting to know why YouTube have taken the action and whether what is reported by this group is 100% accurate before judging.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:08 - Oct 26 with 1530 viewsZXBlue

No clue who or what they are.

However, loads of channels have been hit for the flimsiest of algorhythmic reasons and usually get reinstated once humans are on the case.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:09 - Oct 26 with 1527 viewsGlasgowBlue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:05 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Would be interesting to know why YouTube have taken the action and whether what is reported by this group is 100% accurate before judging.

Novara has been pretty much the mouthpiece of the Corbyn wing of the Labour party since they started, so very much against my views.

But they are still a legitimate, if very biased source. I haven't seen anything that should result in them being removed.

Iron Lion Zion

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:16 - Oct 26 with 1480 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:09 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

Novara has been pretty much the mouthpiece of the Corbyn wing of the Labour party since they started, so very much against my views.

But they are still a legitimate, if very biased source. I haven't seen anything that should result in them being removed.

Have YouTube said why they have been removed, though? Maybe, as suggested above, it is because of some algorithm that needs checking.

They ought to have had fair warning before being removed but it is a careful balancing act. Clearly Facebook are getting far more grief over who they have not removed than ones they are.

All I found when Googling them was that they used to be the mouthpiece of Corbyn but got taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer so maybe there has been some misrepresentation going on. They are a group I know nothing of so cannot comment beyond saying that we clearly are missing some information so far.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:22 - Oct 26 with 1428 viewsGlasgowBlue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:16 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Have YouTube said why they have been removed, though? Maybe, as suggested above, it is because of some algorithm that needs checking.

They ought to have had fair warning before being removed but it is a careful balancing act. Clearly Facebook are getting far more grief over who they have not removed than ones they are.

All I found when Googling them was that they used to be the mouthpiece of Corbyn but got taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer so maybe there has been some misrepresentation going on. They are a group I know nothing of so cannot comment beyond saying that we clearly are missing some information so far.

Are you sure they have been taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer? I'd not seen that and would be very surprised to see the likes of Ash Sakar and Bastani working for a Tory.

Iron Lion Zion

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:22 - Oct 26 with 1424 viewsgiant_stow

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:16 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Tory supporting lawyer? You sure as theres nothing tory about them

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 1394 viewslowhouseblue

novara media is a dreadful thing, but I can't imagine a case for blocking it. unless it breaks the law let it spout its worst and be seen for what it is. to be honest the nutters who take it seriously will only get their fix somewhere worse.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:33 - Oct 26 with 1347 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:22 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

Are you sure they have been taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer? I'd not seen that and would be very surprised to see the likes of Ash Sakar and Bastani working for a Tory.

Just a report from Guido so no idea of its reliability. Just saying what appears from a Google search. I know nothing of this Novara either.

https://order-order.com/2018/01/04/novara-media-now-owned-tory-supporting-lawyer

Login to get fewer ads

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:38 - Oct 26 with 1313 viewsSwansea_Blue

As a private company I suppose they can do what they want, can't they? You like to think they'd at least give a genuine reason though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:39 - Oct 26 with 1312 viewschicoazul

If they can censor the actual President of the USA they can do it to anyone. But then he was a baddie wasn’t he.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:42 - Oct 26 with 1288 viewslowhouseblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:39 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

If they can censor the actual President of the USA they can do it to anyone. But then he was a baddie wasn’t he.

using the platform to try and overthrow a democratic election result seems bad to me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:54 - Oct 26 with 1232 viewschicoazul

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:42 - Oct 26 by lowhouseblue

using the platform to try and overthrow a democratic election result seems bad to me.

No doubt. Nonetheless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:56 - Oct 26 with 1206 viewsgiant_stow

I imagine Owen Jones' twitter is going to be worth tuning in to today, at least.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 with 1182 viewsEwan_Oozami

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:27 - Oct 26 by lowhouseblue

novara media is a dreadful thing, but I can't imagine a case for blocking it. unless it breaks the law let it spout its worst and be seen for what it is. to be honest the nutters who take it seriously will only get their fix somewhere worse.

What do you mean, "spout its worst?" and "been seen for what it is"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 with 1188 viewsGlasgowBlue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:56 - Oct 26 by giant_stow

I imagine Owen Jones' twitter is going to be worth tuning in to today, at least.

Iron Lion Zion

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:11 - Oct 26 with 1131 viewsgiant_stow

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

I can't fault him for that reaction!

Hopefully its just a auto mistake.

Edit: just took a look and this was funny, although a totally different subject
Edit2: sorry, just seen the thread above.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 13:15]

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:23 - Oct 26 with 1047 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

They’re also an independent and overall trustworthy media organisation that plays a vital role in filling the sizeable gaps left by the UK corporate media.

I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess at why if it’s algorithmic or, if not, who the YouTube complaint has come from. Providing a genuine left-wing perspective, Novara annoys the right people and there’s looooads of them.

Pronouns: He/Him

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:27 - Oct 26 with 1019 viewsDarth_Koont

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 by Ewan_Oozami

What do you mean, "spout its worst?" and "been seen for what it is"?

Indeed. Probably their “worst” is calling out people like lowhouse and the void that is the Labour right on a daily basis.

I hope this publicity for Novara really does let people see them for what they are. They’re very good journalists.

Pronouns: He/Him

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:28 - Oct 26 with 1015 viewsBlueBadger

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:42 - Oct 26 by lowhouseblue

And that's before we get into all the incitement to hatred he was doing for YEARS prior to that.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 13:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:32 - Oct 26 with 985 viewsDanTheMan

This stuff happens all the time with all sorts of Accounts on YouTube. What has usually happened is some dingus has seen something and flagged it incorrectly which immediately blocks the accounts and then it's an absolute pain going through Google's customer support (if you can even call it that) to get the account reinstated.

I'd wait and see what has happened before getting too wound up about it.

However, it is a private company and they do not owe anyone free video hosting (which is ludicrously expensive).
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 13:33]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:34 - Oct 26 with 945 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:32 - Oct 26 by DanTheMan

This stuff happens all the time with all sorts of Accounts on YouTube. What has usually happened is some dingus has seen something and flagged it incorrectly which immediately blocks the accounts and then it's an absolute pain going through Google's customer support (if you can even call it that) to get the account reinstated.

However, it is a private company and they do not owe anyone free video hosting (which is ludicrously expensive).

Although, if that is the case, there should be some protection from it. The size of a channel and its broadcasting levels should be balanced against complaints - a small one maybe should be temporarily blocked for investigation after one complaint, but the bigger the channel, the more complaints should be required for a temporary suspension while investigated.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:35 - Oct 26 with 932 viewsthebooks

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:27 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Probably their “worst” is calling out people like lowhouse and the void that is the Labour right on a daily basis.

I hope this publicity for Novara really does let people see them for what they are. They’re very good journalists.

Hopefully get them some more subs and donations.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:36 - Oct 26 with 924 viewsEastTownBlue

Their YouTube channel has now returned.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:36 - Oct 26 with 916 viewsthebooks

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:32 - Oct 26 by DanTheMan

YouTube don’t give “free” video hosting from the kindness of their hearts.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:41 - Oct 26 with 883 viewsgiant_stow

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:36 - Oct 26 by EastTownBlue

Their YouTube channel has now returned.

So a cock-up then I spose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024