Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning 11:57 - Oct 26 with 1851 viewsGlasgowBlue

I am far from Bastani & co biggest fan but they are a legitimate news outlet and they don't spout dangerous Covid conspiracies or hate speech.

Very worrying that the likes of YouTube, facebook etc can censor legitimate sources like this.
[Post edited 26 Oct 12:07]

“A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles”.
Poll: The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:05 - Oct 26 with 1362 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would be interesting to know why YouTube have taken the action and whether what is reported by this group is 100% accurate before judging.

Poll: Favourite pizza
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:08 - Oct 26 with 1349 viewsZXBlue

No clue who or what they are.

However, loads of channels have been hit for the flimsiest of algorhythmic reasons and usually get reinstated once humans are on the case.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:09 - Oct 26 with 1346 viewsGlasgowBlue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:05 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Would be interesting to know why YouTube have taken the action and whether what is reported by this group is 100% accurate before judging.

Novara has been pretty much the mouthpiece of the Corbyn wing of the Labour party since they started, so very much against my views.

But they are still a legitimate, if very biased source. I haven't seen anything that should result in them being removed.

“A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles”.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:16 - Oct 26 with 1299 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:09 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

Novara has been pretty much the mouthpiece of the Corbyn wing of the Labour party since they started, so very much against my views.

But they are still a legitimate, if very biased source. I haven't seen anything that should result in them being removed.

Have YouTube said why they have been removed, though? Maybe, as suggested above, it is because of some algorithm that needs checking.

They ought to have had fair warning before being removed but it is a careful balancing act. Clearly Facebook are getting far more grief over who they have not removed than ones they are.

All I found when Googling them was that they used to be the mouthpiece of Corbyn but got taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer so maybe there has been some misrepresentation going on. They are a group I know nothing of so cannot comment beyond saying that we clearly are missing some information so far.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:22 - Oct 26 with 1247 viewsGlasgowBlue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:16 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Have YouTube said why they have been removed, though? Maybe, as suggested above, it is because of some algorithm that needs checking.

They ought to have had fair warning before being removed but it is a careful balancing act. Clearly Facebook are getting far more grief over who they have not removed than ones they are.

All I found when Googling them was that they used to be the mouthpiece of Corbyn but got taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer so maybe there has been some misrepresentation going on. They are a group I know nothing of so cannot comment beyond saying that we clearly are missing some information so far.

Are you sure they have been taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer? I'd not seen that and would be very surprised to see the likes of Ash Sakar and Bastani working for a Tory.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:22 - Oct 26 with 1243 viewsgiant_ullaa

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:16 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Tory supporting lawyer? You sure as theres nothing tory about them

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry.
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 1213 viewslowhouseblue

novara media is a dreadful thing, but I can't imagine a case for blocking it. unless it breaks the law let it spout its worst and be seen for what it is. to be honest the nutters who take it seriously will only get their fix somewhere worse.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:33 - Oct 26 with 1166 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:22 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

Are you sure they have been taken over by a Tory-supporting lawyer? I'd not seen that and would be very surprised to see the likes of Ash Sakar and Bastani working for a Tory.

Just a report from Guido so no idea of its reliability. Just saying what appears from a Google search. I know nothing of this Novara either.

https://order-order.com/2018/01/04/novara-media-now-owned-tory-supporting-lawyer

Login to get fewer ads

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:38 - Oct 26 with 1132 viewsSwansea_Blue

As a private company I suppose they can do what they want, can't they? You like to think they'd at least give a genuine reason though.

Poll: So then cake aficionados, which is your favourite part of Battenberg?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:39 - Oct 26 with 1131 viewschicoazul

If they can censor the actual President of the USA they can do it to anyone. But then he was a baddie wasn’t he.

However, the most dangerous leftists of all may be certain oversocia- lized types who avoid irritating displays of aggressiveness and refrain from advertising their leftism, but work quietly and unobtrusively to promote collectivist values, “enligh- tened” psychological techniques for socializing children, dependence of the individual on the system, and so forth.
Poll: How much are Phil Gav and the elusive Mark looking forward to next Friday?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:42 - Oct 26 with 1107 viewslowhouseblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:39 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

If they can censor the actual President of the USA they can do it to anyone. But then he was a baddie wasn’t he.

using the platform to try and overthrow a democratic election result seems bad to me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:54 - Oct 26 with 1051 viewschicoazul

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:42 - Oct 26 by lowhouseblue

using the platform to try and overthrow a democratic election result seems bad to me.

No doubt. Nonetheless.

However, the most dangerous leftists of all may be certain oversocia- lized types who avoid irritating displays of aggressiveness and refrain from advertising their leftism, but work quietly and unobtrusively to promote collectivist values, “enligh- tened” psychological techniques for socializing children, dependence of the individual on the system, and so forth.
Poll: How much are Phil Gav and the elusive Mark looking forward to next Friday?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:56 - Oct 26 with 1025 viewsgiant_ullaa

I imagine Owen Jones' twitter is going to be worth tuning in to today, at least.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry.
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 with 1001 viewsEwan_Oozami

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:27 - Oct 26 by lowhouseblue

novara media is a dreadful thing, but I can't imagine a case for blocking it. unless it breaks the law let it spout its worst and be seen for what it is. to be honest the nutters who take it seriously will only get their fix somewhere worse.

What do you mean, "spout its worst?" and "been seen for what it is"?

Am viewing TWTD in Table Mode on this browser so apologies if replying to a completely different post to the one I intended. Pronouns: ho/hum
Poll: Does the Forum think little snoozes during the day are acceptable, or not?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 with 1007 viewsGlasgowBlue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:56 - Oct 26 by giant_ullaa

I imagine Owen Jones' twitter is going to be worth tuning in to today, at least.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:11 - Oct 26 with 950 viewsgiant_ullaa

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

I can't fault him for that reaction!

Hopefully its just a auto mistake.

Edit: just took a look and this was funny, although a totally different subject
Edit2: sorry, just seen the thread above.
[Post edited 26 Oct 13:15]

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:23 - Oct 26 with 866 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed.

They’re also an independent and overall trustworthy media organisation that plays a vital role in filling the sizeable gaps left by the UK corporate media.

I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess at why if it’s algorithmic or, if not, who the YouTube complaint has come from. Providing a genuine left-wing perspective, Novara annoys the right people and there’s looooads of them.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:27 - Oct 26 with 838 viewsDarth_Koont

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:00 - Oct 26 by Ewan_Oozami

What do you mean, "spout its worst?" and "been seen for what it is"?

Indeed. Probably their “worst” is calling out people like lowhouse and the void that is the Labour right on a daily basis.

I hope this publicity for Novara really does let people see them for what they are. They’re very good journalists.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:28 - Oct 26 with 834 viewsBlueBadger

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 12:42 - Oct 26 by lowhouseblue

And that's before we get into all the incitement to hatred he was doing for YEARS prior to that.
[Post edited 26 Oct 13:39]

Mullet Gtsb Blue badger Bloots N2 Blue ITFC Joe …and the rest. Do you not understand that these forums have massive sway these days? You’ve killed it. We may go on to bigger better things, who knows? Your bitching and whining on here is picked up and has a massive ripple effect. Fking knobs the lot of you. For weeks you’ve been stamping your feet like little girls and it gets picked up when all you needed to do was ride it out for a bit. Pathetic. Cook always comes good, he always has done, talk to any Pompey, Wigan or Chesterfield fan. I’m in Pompey tonight and they’re all shaking their heads. Dkheads the lot of you. Happy to get banned on the back of this. You’re ridiculous. The ramifications are massive which may be placated with money but fk me; learn to kick a ball and know what you’re talking about before you lash out in anger. A massive shame and a massive shame on you. Cook is working hard. What are you doing other than idly pointing fingers and drawing on nonsense stats. Nothing but contempt for you lot and your baseless insights into football when you’ve never even kicked a ball.
Poll: Paul Cook
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:32 - Oct 26 with 804 viewsDanTheMan

This stuff happens all the time with all sorts of Accounts on YouTube. What has usually happened is some dingus has seen something and flagged it incorrectly which immediately blocks the accounts and then it's an absolute pain going through Google's customer support (if you can even call it that) to get the account reinstated.

I'd wait and see what has happened before getting too wound up about it.

However, it is a private company and they do not owe anyone free video hosting (which is ludicrously expensive).
[Post edited 26 Oct 13:33]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:34 - Oct 26 with 764 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:32 - Oct 26 by DanTheMan

This stuff happens all the time with all sorts of Accounts on YouTube. What has usually happened is some dingus has seen something and flagged it incorrectly which immediately blocks the accounts and then it's an absolute pain going through Google's customer support (if you can even call it that) to get the account reinstated.

However, it is a private company and they do not owe anyone free video hosting (which is ludicrously expensive).

Although, if that is the case, there should be some protection from it. The size of a channel and its broadcasting levels should be balanced against complaints - a small one maybe should be temporarily blocked for investigation after one complaint, but the bigger the channel, the more complaints should be required for a temporary suspension while investigated.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:35 - Oct 26 with 751 viewsthebooks

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:27 - Oct 26 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Probably their “worst” is calling out people like lowhouse and the void that is the Labour right on a daily basis.

I hope this publicity for Novara really does let people see them for what they are. They’re very good journalists.

Hopefully get them some more subs and donations.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:36 - Oct 26 with 743 viewsEastTownBlue

Their YouTube channel has now returned.

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:36 - Oct 26 with 735 viewsthebooks

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:32 - Oct 26 by DanTheMan

YouTube don’t give “free” video hosting from the kindness of their hearts.
Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:41 - Oct 26 with 702 viewsgiant_ullaa

Youtube have closed down Novara Media without warning on 13:36 - Oct 26 by EastTownBlue

Their YouTube channel has now returned.

So a cock-up then I spose.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021