Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) 09:07 - Nov 24 with 1278 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Zero..... on 09:09 - Nov 24 with 1262 viewsBloots

....but if we lose on Sunday, that chance will increase considerably.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:09 - Nov 24 with 1263 viewsDanTheMan

Cannot see him being sacked today or even soon.

Unfortunately don't see any trigger being pulled until it's too late for this season.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:09 - Nov 24 with 1261 viewsBseaBlue

I can't see it personally. It would be interesting to see Mr Ashton's dashboard though! I would imagine he must have some kind of stats for the likelihood of promotion from our position etc....
Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:13 - Nov 24 with 1196 viewsHerbivore

I'd be very surprised. Lose to Crewe and that might change things, but I can't see us losing that one so it's probably moot. I think he's here for a good few games more, and longer depending on how we do in those games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:15 - Nov 24 with 1172 viewsMeenoITFC

As I said in a previous thread.

43 Games 12 wins under cook at League one level when we are supposed to be a top team in this division.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:17 - Nov 24 with 1142 viewsN2_Blue

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:13 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I'd be very surprised. Lose to Crewe and that might change things, but I can't see us losing that one so it's probably moot. I think he's here for a good few games more, and longer depending on how we do in those games.

Unfortunately this is going to be the case.

We could potentially win out next 3 games (all at home) but i don't think it will mean anything has changed and we will continue to have a very poor December points wise from our league games.

It will then be far too late. It's a decision that needs real balls to make now but I doubt the owners will do. It's a shame as for me removing Cook now would be the right decision. These things very rarely improve when problems are so evident and Cook has had over 30 games in charge of us.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:18 - Nov 24 with 1140 viewstimothyeo

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:13 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

I think with the squad we have we'll generally get over the line against the poor sides in this division and there's enough of them to mean we'll never go on an awful run.

Therefore it requires the owners to be proactive and decisive if we're going to sack Cook and give another manager just enough time to try and push for playoffs.
Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:28 - Nov 24 with 1075 viewsLeoMuff

Nil

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:31 - Nov 24 with 1055 viewstextbackup

we'll continue to be consistently inconsistent, picking ups wins here and there, with no real backbone. probably sit 8-11 points off 6th on NYD, continue this way until it hits us "oh sht, we arent going to make the PO"

and that is a failure, however its dressed up
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 9:49]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Zero..... on 09:31 - Nov 24 with 1053 viewsElderGrizzly

Zero..... on 09:09 - Nov 24 by Bloots

....but if we lose on Sunday, that chance will increase considerably.

We’ll probably hammer Crewe and all the Cook disciples will say “look, long term project”

Our wins at home this season have been against teams currently in 21, 22, 23.

Sunday we play 24th.

He’s consistent at least
Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 09:48 - Nov 24 with 958 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a chance, however I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say he’s currently one game from the sack. If we somehow contrive to lose on Sunday I think he’ll be gone on Monday

But we won’t, in fact I think we’ll win convincingly, but sadly it’ll probably just be papering over the cracks before some more indifferent form

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 24 with 845 viewsitfcjoe

Zero for me - but this is the time when owners and MDs of football clubs need to be proactive - not to just keep allowing a manager more rope in the hope they hang themselves

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 24 with 841 viewsdirtyboy

There's zero chance Cook is gone this season unless there's a complete collapse and we're flirting with relegation come January.

It's a results based business and losing to Sunderland and Rotherham hurts us all deeply.

However, like any business, you make changes that you believe in and you lay foundations for long term. Ashton and the owners want to go up this season but it's not that or nothing and have been vocal about that.

Cook is frustrating at times and last night was painful, but there have been steps in the right direction, even though it's taking longer than usual. Cook hasn't become a bad manager over the course of the last year, so whilst we are all concerned, pulling the trigger now is absolutely not right.

Patience is bandied around a lot with us ITFC fans, but given the total overhaul of the entire club, now more than ever we just need to see exactly where this ends up.

We all know players get signed and on paper they look excellent, but then flatter to deceive, Cook changed all of them, so there is this little bit of "well, that one didn't quite work or fit as we thought/hoped, let's change that" and maybe January will facilitate that?

Far from happy, especially when for me, so much rides on the euphoria of a win right now, but I still think we'll sneak into playoffs and that...well...that's anyone's guess how it ends.

He's on a two and a half year contract, so only came in March 2021, surely even the most hardened Cook out supporter would give a manager at least 12 months of working with unbelieveable amount of changes across all aspects of the club since Gamechanger took over.

Anyone who manages anything, especially as large as a football club, knows turning things around, culture, attitudes etc isn't a quick fix and ITFC had been going in the wrong direction for a long long time.
Zero..... on 10:43 - Nov 24 with 801 viewsRegencyBlue

Zero..... on 09:31 - Nov 24 by ElderGrizzly

We’ll probably hammer Crewe and all the Cook disciples will say “look, long term project”

Our wins at home this season have been against teams currently in 21, 22, 23.

Sunday we play 24th.

He’s consistent at least

Given that under a different ID you were one of Marcus Evans most fervent desciples I find that comment quite amusing.

It is going to be a long term project, whether Cook is the right man for the job or not is open to question, particularly after last nights debacle but my guess is he will get to the end of the season. If we don’t make top six he will be gone.

It took your boy 14 years to bring this club to its knees, it’s going to take more than a few months to put that right!
Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 11:36 - Nov 24 with 660 viewstimothyeo

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

Zero for me - but this is the time when owners and MDs of football clubs need to be proactive - not to just keep allowing a manager more rope in the hope they hang themselves

Yep. That was my point really. We'll get wins against the poorest of sides in spite of Cooks bad management, because our squad is that much better. That shouldn't cloud the owners thoughts.

I'm hoping they're proactive in this but I don't think our CEO was particularly good at this at Bristol.
Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 11:37 - Nov 24 with 660 viewsHerbivore

Chance that Cook isn't here by the end of the day? (n/t) on 10:28 - Nov 24 by dirtyboy

There's zero chance Cook is gone this season unless there's a complete collapse and we're flirting with relegation come January.

It's a results based business and losing to Sunderland and Rotherham hurts us all deeply.

However, like any business, you make changes that you believe in and you lay foundations for long term. Ashton and the owners want to go up this season but it's not that or nothing and have been vocal about that.

Cook is frustrating at times and last night was painful, but there have been steps in the right direction, even though it's taking longer than usual. Cook hasn't become a bad manager over the course of the last year, so whilst we are all concerned, pulling the trigger now is absolutely not right.

Patience is bandied around a lot with us ITFC fans, but given the total overhaul of the entire club, now more than ever we just need to see exactly where this ends up.

We all know players get signed and on paper they look excellent, but then flatter to deceive, Cook changed all of them, so there is this little bit of "well, that one didn't quite work or fit as we thought/hoped, let's change that" and maybe January will facilitate that?

Far from happy, especially when for me, so much rides on the euphoria of a win right now, but I still think we'll sneak into playoffs and that...well...that's anyone's guess how it ends.

He's on a two and a half year contract, so only came in March 2021, surely even the most hardened Cook out supporter would give a manager at least 12 months of working with unbelieveable amount of changes across all aspects of the club since Gamechanger took over.

Anyone who manages anything, especially as large as a football club, knows turning things around, culture, attitudes etc isn't a quick fix and ITFC had been going in the wrong direction for a long long time.

He's done an awful job. His record here is shocking. This is third division football and even last year he was working with resources that outstripped all but a few in the division, this season he's been able to outspend them all. It does take time to see the maximal benefit of that, but in the interim there have to be expectations still and he is miles off. We've lost more games than we've won this season and we don't look any closer to being able to be genuine promotion contenders. I'm not seeing anything to suggest that something is suddenly going to click and we're going to tear this division up after Christmas. Managers don't get time just for the sake of it, they have to earn it. Cook hasn't done that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024