Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers 20:07 - Nov 24 with 5850 viewsnoggin

then they have to give safe passage for those wishing to enter the UK. They won't of course and the mud slinging will continue. RIP those poor souls.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:44 - Nov 25 with 1009 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:42 - Nov 25 by eireblue

No, what should happen is that you can apply for asylum, once you reach a safe country.

Let’s have some more interesting hypotheticals. It is just lazy having such simple ones.

The U.K. only allows you to claim asylum once you reach the U.K.

As an example the U.K. have resettled some people from Afghanistan, those directly working for the U.K. government.

A cousin, that didn’t work for the UK Government, but still fleeing from the Taliban, can’t claim asylum in the UK. Until that person gets to the UK.

Why should that person, and all other people fleeing an extremist brutal regime, that the West spent billions trying to defeat, but failed, just stay in Greece?

Why should a random country by accident of geography have to take the burden of all refugees from Afghanistan?

Why would you not let a refugee, apply to stay with some of their family?

Something to do with nobody speaking English in the A&E waiting room?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:45 - Nov 25 with 1006 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:37 - Nov 25 by noggin

What is your point?

What I’m saying is you are encouraging us to feel sorry for these poor “desperate” people…… given the distance travelled through safe countries then maybe they aren’t as desperate as you make out?

For example If I was desperately hungry I’d take food from the closest place I could get it and not walk 20 miles to the nearest Waitrose because the quality was better!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:47 - Nov 25 with 999 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:45 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

What I’m saying is you are encouraging us to feel sorry for these poor “desperate” people…… given the distance travelled through safe countries then maybe they aren’t as desperate as you make out?

For example If I was desperately hungry I’d take food from the closest place I could get it and not walk 20 miles to the nearest Waitrose because the quality was better!

What a ridiculous analogy.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:48 - Nov 25 with 987 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:47 - Nov 25 by noggin

What a ridiculous analogy.

Of course it is because it doesn’t suit your narrative

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:49 - Nov 25 with 986 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:48 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Of course it is because it doesn’t suit your narrative

And what is my narative?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:50 - Nov 25 with 981 viewsWhos_blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:35 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Then they should travel via “legal routes”

If they choose to take the risks they do then why should we help them?

Having read your few posts in this thread, you've slightly exposed yourself here.
There is always room for a debate on the wrongs and rights of people trying to access our country. There are so many facets to the issue, but wherever you stand, you cannot ignore that we have just seen a multiple fatality including a child.
At no stage have you shown any contrition about that and just asked "why should we help them?"
That is sad.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:51 - Nov 25 with 977 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:45 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

You think these people are crossing the channel in overloaded rubber boats for the thirty odd quid they will get in benefits?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:51 - Nov 25 with 977 viewslowhouseblue

No they need to have an effective system for safely processing asylum applications in france (or even earlier).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:09 - Nov 25 with 927 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:51 - Nov 25 by noggin

You think these people are crossing the channel in overloaded rubber boats for the thirty odd quid they will get in benefits?

I don’t know you tell me why these people are spending however many thousands of pounds/euros to traffickers to get here?

If as you say some have families here then surely if the family is settled in the uk there is a legal route?

If not I take you back to my previous point of why the uk when the rest of Europe has already been crossed

Also I think it’s the traffickers we should be targeting, remove them and the chances of your OP being posted are much much lower
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 9:12]

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 921 viewsPinewoodblue

In reality very few of those attempting to cross the channel qualify as asylum seekers. They are not facing persecution in their own country . They are economic migrants who have been sold a dream by people smugglers.

If, for example, you felt that you could have a better life if you were able to live within the EU sorry but you can’t seek Asylum.

No mistake this has been a tragedy waiting to happen perhaps now something will be done to clamp down on the people smugglers.

https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum/eligibility

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 919 viewsnoggin

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:09 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

I don’t know you tell me why these people are spending however many thousands of pounds/euros to traffickers to get here?

If as you say some have families here then surely if the family is settled in the uk there is a legal route?

If not I take you back to my previous point of why the uk when the rest of Europe has already been crossed

Also I think it’s the traffickers we should be targeting, remove them and the chances of your OP being posted are much much lower
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 9:12]

Many many more are seeking asylum in other countries so I still don't know what your point is. France and Germany process many more applications than Britain.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:13 - Nov 25 with 908 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:12 - Nov 25 by Pinewoodblue

In reality very few of those attempting to cross the channel qualify as asylum seekers. They are not facing persecution in their own country . They are economic migrants who have been sold a dream by people smugglers.

If, for example, you felt that you could have a better life if you were able to live within the EU sorry but you can’t seek Asylum.

No mistake this has been a tragedy waiting to happen perhaps now something will be done to clamp down on the people smugglers.

Shhh you’ll upset the communists around here who want you to believe their narrative

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:13 - Nov 25 with 916 viewsRadlett_blue

Please stop trying to blame this bad situation on the people smugglers. Yes, I'm sure some of them are unpleasant criminal, but they are fulfilling a demand - plenty of people want to cross the Channel to enter Britain illegally. If they didn't arrange this, others would or the migrants would steal or pay for boats themselves.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:17 - Nov 25 with 895 viewsunbelievablue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:12 - Nov 25 by Pinewoodblue

Do you have any evidence that "very few of these people qualify as asylum seekers"?

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 9:19]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:19 - Nov 25 with 890 viewsPinewoodblue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:13 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Shhh you’ll upset the communists around here who want you to believe their narrative

Those you refer to have something in common with economic migrants……..they have been sold a Dream.

2023 year of destiny

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:22 - Nov 25 with 883 viewseireblue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:13 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

Neither of you read that link did you?

And that link doesn’t have any statistics on the people crossing the channel.

So, Ely, unfortunately, that just makes you look like a stupid follower of a stupid person.
If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:27 - Nov 25 with 858 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:22 - Nov 25 by eireblue

Neither of you read that link did you?

And that link doesn’t have any statistics on the people crossing the channel.

So, Ely, unfortunately, that just makes you look like a stupid follower of a stupid person.

Oh I read it, particularly this part

When your claim might not be considered
Your claim might not be considered if you:

are from an EU country
travelled to the UK through a ‘safe third country’
have a connection to a safe third country where you could claim asylum
Generally, a safe third country is one that:

you’re not a citizen of
you would not be harmed in
would not send you on to another country where you would be harmed

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:32 - Nov 25 with 845 viewsHerbivore

You should probably use a source other than Priti Patel to back up that first claim: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/most-people-who-risk-channel-boa

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:33 - Nov 25 with 840 viewsHerbivore

What he's posted is incorrect. But I wouldn't expect you to actually fact check something before agreeing with it.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:34 - Nov 25 with 836 viewsPinewoodblue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:17 - Nov 25 by unbelievablue

Do you have any evidence that "very few of these people qualify as asylum seekers"?

Typical response…demanding evidence when you yourself cannot produce any evidence to show a statement is incorrect.

2023 year of destiny

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:35 - Nov 25 with 830 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:17 - Nov 25 by unbelievablue

He doesn't, no. He has Priti Patel's words. The actual evidence says something quite different.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:36 - Nov 25 with 822 viewsHerbivore

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:34 - Nov 25 by Pinewoodblue

Typical response…demanding evidence when you yourself cannot produce any evidence to show a statement is incorrect.

He didn't need to, I already have. I look forward to your retraction.

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:42 - Nov 25 with 799 viewschicoazul

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 08:50 - Nov 25 by Whos_blue

Having read your few posts in this thread, you've slightly exposed yourself here.
There is always room for a debate on the wrongs and rights of people trying to access our country. There are so many facets to the issue, but wherever you stand, you cannot ignore that we have just seen a multiple fatality including a child.
At no stage have you shown any contrition about that and just asked "why should we help them?"
That is sad.

There is always room for a debate on the wrongs and rights of people trying to access our country.

This thread demonstrates nicely that there isn’t on TWTD.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:43 - Nov 25 with 787 viewsPinewoodblue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:36 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

He didn't need to, I already have. I look forward to your retraction.

Several years ago I had a conversation with a lawyer who guaranteed she could get anyone asylum. You just have to groom them to give the right answers.

2023 year of destiny

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:43 - Nov 25 with 782 viewsEly_Blue

If France and The UK can't stop these people smugglers on 09:12 - Nov 25 by noggin

Many many more are seeking asylum in other countries so I still don't know what your point is. France and Germany process many more applications than Britain.

Well good for them, how many people spend their life savings to put their lives at risk to cross the land borders at the hands of traffickers? None because they don’t need to and hey presto they are in a safe country and still have their money!

I’m still waiting for you to tell me why they all want so desperately to get to the uk if it isn’t for (your words) “a measly £30 a week”?

They can’t all have family here and as I said previously if their family are settled here then surely there is an easier legal way to get here and join them?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024